1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new laptop

Discussion in 'Archive' started by gandis, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gandis

gandis User

hi guys, on beginning i'm sorry for my eng. i'm living in uk and i would like to buy some laptop for l2. i have some ł750. i would like to play l2 on minimum average details with no lags. maybe can you show me some links with good laptops for me. i would like to have some i7 (2,4ghz) 8gb ram, some nvidia gf, 64gb ssd + some hdd, 15,6" or 17,3", but i cant find it . pls help me. thx

2. Hidrica

Hidrica User

hi, wanna hear my advice? don't play l2 on a laptop it'll burn.
    also, that specs are quite good maybe you can't find it at that price cause they don't exist xd. well, the problem i see here is that mostly all ssd for laptops are small, and most of them only come or with 1 ssd 128/256 gb or with 20gb +500 gb to boot up, you are not going to get that cheap sorry :/
    also l2 only use 1 cpu if you want it for playing here only fech something with high speed. i7 is quite cool but make sure that is not 1rst i7 generation, they heat a lot, and when i say a lot i mean it. 17.3'' mean that your batery will last 1 hour and a half max just with chrome on. pick a smaller screen cause also you will regret when the weight is destryoing your ****.

and again, you can't play with no lags on a laptop without heating it to the limit or spending lots of money on it xd (l2 engine is old and uses a lot of resources kidna stupidly overheating the system)

3. qre8ive

qre8ive User

i got a dell xps 17 with first generation i7 (740qm) and i can tell you it gets really warm. right now on high performance power settings, without having anything heavy duty open (just browser/outlook etc) the cpu runs on 70 degrees celcius (with game running up to 80 degrees). i can't use my laptop for heavy duty without using an external keyboard/mouse. i spent about 1200 euro's total on my laptop (also got 12 gb ram) which was 2-3 years ago.

about finding a laptop with both ssd and a second harddisk is hard. when i ordered my laptop i was able to have it with 2 harddisk slotsso i replaced one with an 80 gb ssd, but if i check the current xps17 laptops it seems they removed this option.

about the multi-core it's true as l2 is running on the old unreal2 engine which is made for only 1 core. however, if you for example play with 2 clients the game will use 2 cores since windows will assign different cores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.