1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ping boosters

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Exodus, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exodus

Exodus User

hey, i'm a new ncwest transfer that is starting over here. but i'm american, which leaves my ping pretty high. so i'm wondering if innova allows any ping booster similar to what the euro's use to connect to american servers.

thanks.

PrayForMercy and wumhrhlp like this.
  2. NeoTiger

NeoTiger Moderator

yes, those are allowed.

Exodus likes this.
  3. Exodus

Exodus User

fantastic, thanks for the speedy response.

one more thing, does anybody from na have any recommendations on what to use? as of now i'm planning to try leatrix latency fix because it seems to have full functionality for free.

4. NeoTiger

NeoTiger Moderator

leatrix latency fix is a good choice, i've used it to play on ncwest to reduce the delay before innova opened the server. alternative is to use battleping but it's not free.

5. Exodus

Exodus User

i know a couple people that used battleping and said it was awesome. but i just wonder if it's worth the cost involved or if a free service is comparable.

6. Ronove

Ronove User

leatrix isn't a service, it's a one-time use application that changes some values in your windows registry that may improve your gameplay.

this and services that help to improve your connection to the game server, are 2 different beasts with same goal in mind. leatrix works by trying to make your pc make more effective use of your network, the others work by trying to improve the path that 'messages' between client and server take, to be faster and have less loss.

it may not be needed to use anything else like battleping/wtfast/lowerping (battleping isn't the only option), but this is something you will have to try for yourself. for some people battleping helps, for others it makes it worse (rare). it may also be the case that 95% of times you won't feel anything, and only in places with loads of people you will notice anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
  7. piotress

piotress User

that's odd because i also play from the usa but i seldom ever have any lag, not even during sieges so i imagine it is being caused by a routing problem. i suggest battleping if you really need to use one, it is worth the money and i used to use it in the past but ever since i moved here i did not need it anymore.

8. Razzly

Razzly Banned

its not odd, this is pretty common. i've played several games that were hosted somewhere in america and my ping was always around 120 - 150 ms which is terrible for gaming.

i've tried battleping when i was back in poland (host in poland is laggy when playing on this server) and i've seen big improvement. its visible while clicking the response of your characters is nearly in same time...

you can always try the trial version. it disconnects after 15-20min

9. Exodus

Exodus User

the first night i played i had a bunch of action delay where i'd click on a spot to move and it would register a second later, which made targeting difficult and frustrating to the point where i wasn't sure this move would work. but i also live in podunk western kansas with a 1.5mb connection so anything more than a few states over is always laggy. but i installed leatrix and now i can't tell a difference between this and ncwest server as far as latency anyways.

i'm 65 now in a few days off and on, and i'm liking innova already. the only downside i've found is that there isn't as many parties in the evening my time. so if you know of any other american groups that play around the 9pm-midnight cst range let me know :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.