1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems during Frost updating.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Lyriga, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyriga

Lyriga User

well - it's been some time since i played. but now it would be nice to do again - only i can't launch. kindly what must i do with my frost - apparently it wont work.

the trouble starts with that warning: 'problems during frost updating'. after that the game gets in as far as to where i should choose the sever - but when i do (core) - it told me i have been 'disconnected' from the server (and some times it told i already am logged in) - and even gave some other error messages which i can't remember. i gather it is this issue about forst that causes it all.

i have updated - i have run the restore the game - and even added some more 'allowed' to pass my firewall (i do not know even really if i did it right, but seemingly yes). (most annoyingly i do no longer have access to my e-mail which i used before when playing this game - so i can not change my account e-mail, cause it needs to be verified also in the old one (the one that no longer exists.) i tried, but i cant find that e-mail provider in nowhere online.

could someone explain in plain english (or in finn or french) how to fix this? (my computer is in finn.)

note: please do not use short-hand for computer terms or other (like os = operating system) > the changes are that i will not understand what you are explaining. i am not familiar with computer slang - and not very familiar with my dammed system at all, hardly able to find where to allow things to pass the firewall - if you get my drift. think you are trying to instruct your 100 year old granny - lol - i just could be one.

i have f-secure (if the type of security is in any way important). well here is the rest of the information people o-so-often ask: cpu: intel(r) core(tm) i5 cpu m 450 @ 2.40ghz (2394.04 mhz) memory: 3950 mb. os version: microsoft windows 7 64-bit service pack 1 (build 7601). graphics card vendor: nvidia corporation. graphics card: geforce gt 330m/pcie/sse2. windows graphics driver version: 9.18.0013.3140. opengl version: 3.3.0. (yes listed by a virtual world viewer, but the information should be ok anyways.)

pls help - thank you.

lyriga

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
  2. Lyriga

Lyriga User

well i have fully uninstalled and installed again. right now it is not complaining about frost particularly - but now it speaks of gameguard error 153. (i think before it complained on similar error 610.) i really do not know what to do?

i have given shots to dark. i turned off and on the firewall, the virus & spyware check, the deepguard and the filters against trash mail and information 'fishing' (maybe means pishing). all one by one and try to run the game. same result - gameguard error 153.

i have try to read about this online too - but i do not feel the information given at various threads is very helpful. i still really could use some easy to get instructions on how to fix this.

lyriga

3. Lyriga

Lyriga User

well one solution hoping it's worth to others something.

instead of trying to launch the lineage2 from the web page opened on firefox - i opened (https://eu.4game.com/lineage2/play/) with google chrome at the 'base' and now i have no errors. back in game!

lyriga

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.