1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with WinLicense (SecureEngine driver cannot be updated)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Migacz, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Migacz

Migacz User

hi. when the game starts that message appears - "secureengine driver cannot be updated because there are some programs using it. you need to close those programs or restart your computer. restart now? yes/no".

i know - it's known problem. i found solution here (link), but it didn't work... so i tried again. and again... and i had the same error every time when the game was started. i've reinstalled the game but it doesn't work. what else can i do now?

moreover - i haven't this bug before. yesterday i was on-line...

p.s.
    timer on my premium account is ticking... i'll be very glad for any help.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  2. Eska

Eska User

hello migacz!

please try to delete frost folder from lineage2 directory and redownload it again.

3. Migacz

Migacz User

yeah. i did it already:) but it didn't help. i've removed frost, i've removed system, i've removed both, i've removed whole l2... i was trying to find other reasons - ports was added again to my firewall, kaspersky was deleted (first it was blocked), memory was checked... i think something's wrong with my windows. i'll try to reinstall it.

4. Migacz

Migacz User

ok. i've changed winxp to win7. i don't know the reason of that issue, but now l2 is working correctly. thx 4 help. (you can close the subject)

5. Eska

Eska User

if you are using windows xp, you need all the updates and service pack 3.

6. DeepBlue

DeepBlue Head Moderator (EU) Head moderator

and take into account that windows xp is no longer supported by the game so issues can arise resulting from that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.