1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disconnects and lag when in overcrowded place

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ZakMckracken, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZakMckracken

ZakMckracken User

everytime i am in an high populated place i have massive lags. i have something like 20 sec delay. now i was disconnected when i was inside aden, when i try to reconnect the game loads everything fast but i am unable to move and after several minutes i get disconnected.

everything is fine when i'm out leveing, but as for now i can't go out anymore since i'm stuck >.<

2. Mintboi

Mintboi User

my friend...i get the same disconnect too...i'm setting up shop to sell shots in aden and it disconnects after a while...admins if you are reading this post pls do something to it, thx you.

3. Eska

Eska User

hello!

could i get pc specs of your pcs?

4. ZakMckracken

ZakMckracken User

this is my dxdiag file: http://pastebin.com/ipw0txc5

i also noticed that the game starts to lag when i open teamspeak. i don't know maybe is a bad routing to the game server =\

5. Eska

Eska User

check it with winmtr and post results.

MysticLilac likes this.
  6. ZakMckracken

ZakMckracken User

7. Zizka

Zizka User

i had same problem. turned graphics to low settings (not alt+p, just all in menu to low) and kept terrain range, npc range and display limit to max. now i don't have crashes.

8. ZakMckracken

ZakMckracken User

thanks for the advice zizka, but it's not like a problem of crashing. i've tried but with no success.
    to test if it is my connection i tried to walk in... well... "another aden" and it works normally without any lag. the only thing i can think of it's maybe a problem with frost, since it's the only difference?

9. ZakMckracken

ZakMckracken User

sorry for the double post :rolleyes:
    eska-san any suggestion? i'm starting to think that the problem is on my isp, anyway

scentwander likes this.
  10. Eska

Eska User

zak, well we all know about hows lineageii killing cpus and hdd. that might be your isp or slow/damaged hdd. did you tried to check your drive with hdtune pro?

i know for a fact that these issues usually are gone when people are using ssd.
    but i can't be sure if thats yours issue aswell.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
  11. ZakMckracken

ZakMckracken User

you know what? i did another testing. i just waited the game loading everything for a few minutes (not more then 3min) and it seems to go fine, i can move in aden without any delay. that's was strange to me because, in other servers, even if the game didn't load all the players's model, i was able to move just fine.

well i suppose that this is the solution, thanks for your commitment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.