1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time Purchase

Discussion in 'Archive' started by AbbaZabba, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbbaZabba

AbbaZabba User

hello,

i'm very excited for this server, i have a suggestion for innova. i personally would recommend, that you make playing l2c, pay 2 play, i also purpose that you make creating an account cost money as well, say 15$ on top of a monthly fee. now i understand a lot of people who don't have a very large disposable income will find this an inconvenience, frankly if you can't afford to pay 15$ on a game, i'm kind wondering what your doing here in the first place.
    however there is a reason to the madness;
    1 innova makes more money, which hopefully means better support for us and the servers stay up.
    2 creating bots now has a significant start up cost, to make a full party that's 135$ + monthly fees.
    3. banning bots, creates income for innova, because as long as there is a demand to buy adena or power leveling, there will be bots, however they will be banned, and they will start again and pay innova money.
    4.servers will be cleaner, less cheating, prehaps you may see servers grow instead of decline, or even new servers open up.

innova makes money, we get to keep playing. innova bans regularly, bot population will become minimal, because as the economy grows, bots will need to farm more to earn less, each time making that start up cost more and more of a risk of their investment turning a loss. unlike the disaster it is on na servers. where you can bot 1-85 in a few days, costs nothing to make accounts and there is no monthly fee. you have nothing to lose, but only profit to earn and the chances of getting banned are almost non existent. this way innova actually gains something from banning the accounts. they said they ban about 1000 accounts every other week or so? so that 15,000$ just from banning bots. keeps servers clean for us to enjoy, keeps rmt down, provides innova with extra cash hopefully to use to hire some extra gms to keep it that way, plus some extra cash for the company. it becomes like criminals paying you to arrest them :). any who /discuss

really good idea from airx-
    no initial purchase, however you must pay 3 to 6 months upfront when creating a character. since your going to pay the monthly fee anyways its not really costing you anything extra but still makes bot creating difficult, especially adena website spamming!

i'd probably say 3 months rather than 6, because if i was starting a game that was new, i probably wouldn't want to pay for 6 months before i had even played the game.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  2. koyia

koyia User

they could also put 50€/month and become the most popular game in wall street, so u could play with the other 50 people that can afford this amount of money and be the best of your server of the loneliness.

there are some people like me that have no job, so they cant afford pay that, and make a b2p-p2p is totally stupid, why would i pay 60€, and then pay more all the months unless this 60 pay me some months?

HellBlade Se7eN and zzZzz like this.
  3. AbbaZabba

AbbaZabba User

while i understand your point, they have to make money somewhere. can you find a better solution, where the company makes profitable amounts of money and the player base are happy? the original idea behind monthly subscriptions is that your basically paying for continued support and updates of the game, beyond buying the actual content of the game itself. if you have f2p then you need to have a cash shop, i think most people don't like the cash shop? i could be wrong. i know that f2p model is always p2w which people hate, because the only way to generate income is to sell rare items for lots of money. from my experience f2p makes money not from micro transactions for cosmetic items, they make it from the people wiling to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a game, which are the very people that free players complain about, yet you only have a free game because they exist, catch 22. only game i've ever seen that's f2p and not pay to win is moba type games like dota and lol and they have millions of players so small micro transactions work for purely cosmetic items. also by what your saying basically playing world of warcraft is for millionaires ;)( have to buy the game, and pay for each expansion, and pay monthly fee and they have a cash shop :p)

if you are going to discuss and dislike said solution, please be constructive and offer an idea that is better, not just say, said idea is stupid.

4. zzZzz

zzZzz User

yeah because pay 15€ and then anothers 15€/month is totally smart to kill the server in 3 days.
    i hope innova don't read this, because there is only ****

5. koyia

koyia User

im not saying not make a p2p, but 5-7€ month is fine and could be a good amount of players so they make money, with 15€/m the project will die, i cant afford it, as many other people, so the will be like 1000-500 players that will eventually will leave the game because the low population

AbbaZabba likes this.
  6. AbbaZabba

AbbaZabba User

"if you are going to discuss and dislike said solution, please be constructive and offer an idea that is better, not just say, said idea is stupid."

hey i'm not saying its the best idea, what is your idea? innova has to make money, they are a company, the exist solely to make money through offering a service. i don't know why everyone thinks companies give things away for free. choose your model, p2p, f2p, some new kind of model of your own idea, anything. but bottom line is they need money. they don't need 15k people registered so they know 15k people think l2 is a pretty cool game. they need roughly 15k people to turn a profit. so toss some ideas out there guys, find a good way for innova to make money that you are happy about, everyone wins.

cool thank you for being constructive! if the subscription was lower, would you be apposed to paying a one time fee? doesn't have to be 15 euros, could be 10, could be 5. idea is to find a balance that is going to let you play the game, while making it hard for bots to play. because even if there is a large player base because it costs little to play, people will leave anyways if botting is out of control.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
    MaoMao likes this.
  7. AirX.

AirX. User

a good compromise could be that to create char you have to buy 3/6months of subscription: this way both op is happy that neither casuals nor bots would have it easy to start and somewhat ruin legit hardcore players, while even those willing to pay a monthly sub won't lose anything, since they would have bought those months anyway. some1 could say that one thing is getting 5-10€ months while paying full 50+ in another completely, and they would be right, but this is a compromise and i find the reasoning behind worth considering.

MaoMao and AbbaZabba like this.
  8. AbbaZabba

AbbaZabba User

that's a great idea actually, it makes a lot more sense the creating an initial cost and has the same effect, while not costing legitimate players anything extra. i'd like to hear how people feel about that.

5nnaoki5o and tomasxx like this.
  9. Ironic

Ironic User

not more than 5 euros per account.
    you have to remember the player base of l2 are lithuanian, latvian, bulgarian, polish, greek, romanian, ukrainian and so on...
    our boss don't pay us 5 big macs in 1 hour, like yours do...

http://www.economist.com/content/big-mac-index

10. AbbaZabba

AbbaZabba User

haha burger economics, i like it. i don't know what the perfect price is, really innova will have the ultimate say in that. were just trying to find a healthy balance that stops botting from running rampant, doesn't have people spending thousands of dollars becoming god like (+15 blessed r99 weapons, ncwest scrolls of destructrion) from the l2 store, further discouraging lower income players from playing, and making innova enough money to support the game we all love and want to play. all while providing a fair system to everyone.

11. blowmeaway

blowmeaway User

not every1 is from europe or na... 15 euros is 55 (with taxes) at my currency..

thats 22 heinekens for me... lol

12. fagercraft

fagercraft User

is that couse the game is expensive, or becouse the beer is cheap :d?
    1 heinekens in a bar here(sweden) is 9euro, 2euro in a 33cl bottle in the store :(

13. zzZzz

zzZzz User

wtf!!! 9€??? omg... there is a free money-tree there?? wow... here in spain a beer is around 2-3€ in a bar... and isnt really cheap...

andomyml likes this.
  14. MaoMao

MaoMao User

here beer is very cheap but i dont drink, so...
    same with the game, it can be free, if there are bots that can influence the game through rmt, afk leveling, pk/enforcing, farming everything and locking zones, it does not matter, i wont play even if i am paid, lol :p

actually, the idea of an initial deposit is pretty good, say at least 3 months, after first 3 days free or something, to see how it goes. people here from the start will get something like "founding father/mother hat" or "veteran rights for server-wide shouts", whatever. that is because they risk a lot if the game will be a flop and the company will take their initial subscription as an investment return to pay for the costs of starting up.

i would have done it differently. as for a preorder for at least 6 months if low price and at least 3 if high (below or over 10 eur). which would have shown real commitment, put your money on it. if the numbers are too low, refund and be done with it, or offer the possibility to be moved towards core or russian classic.

AbbaZabba likes this.
  15. dty//

dty// User

that's how they did it in ru

16. AbbaZabba

AbbaZabba User

i think they should have drastic pricing difference in subscription, 1 month, 20 euro, 3 months 30 euro, 6 months, 50 euro or something like that. people need to understand that the only thing that matters about this game is stopping bots. because it is the one common thing, that will affect everyone negatively and will cause the majority of people to quit, whether they see or understand it yet. if innova spend 1 million$ advertising this game, it was f2p, with no cash shop and was most fun game anyone had ever played, there was 10 servers all started with max population, but they didn't control bots. game would die in less than a year. no one, will play a hard game that they grind 10+ hours on per level, when the keep getting owned by much higher levels, then they realize that they are botting and level faster, get equip faster, while virtually doing nothing and barely playing the game. this is what killed l2 in na. in order to fight bots, innova needs staff, staff need wages, wages come from company making money. if you do something like this, gms are basically paying their own salary for every bot they ban. i know a lot of you don't like the idea of paying very much money, but if we don't your going to have a game that fails anyways.

if you have 15,000 subs, only each paying 5 euro, thats only 75k euro a month. if, and if they manage to hire people at minimum wage to be a gm at 8 euro? (from canada not sure about this) 1,280 euro a month, for one minimum wage gm. lets say they hire 5 gm, per server. 6.4k euro month. now they have to pay community managers, programmers, and other staff of innova which i guarantee make a lot higher than minimum wage. then they have to pay for server costs, have to pay their expenses for there office. they have to pay tax, they have to pay royalties to ncsoft. they have to pay for future patch updates translations, etc. you cannot fit 15k people on 1 servers, so then they add servers, then costs multiply. so consider the chance they are making very little profit, if any, to have low monthly rate. if they have low monthly rate, how do they make profit? they lay off staff. then instead of 5 gm, you have 1 gm. to look at bots, to respond to bugs, to answer angry emails etc, etc. soon they can't stop bots because is to much work for few remaining people to do. real players quit, innova loses more money, they cut more staff, soon there is no one left and they are basically only paying for servers like ncwest. then majority of players leave, servers die, except for the most hardcore players and bots. try to understand, games are not free, companies have bills to pay, also companies exist to make money, not to give a way a free service. (traditionally most games have a monthly fee around 15 usd, maybe going down to 11 usd if you buy 6+ months of sub, however their player base is usually at least in the 10s of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, not 15k ;) )

iboyanov likes this.
  17. zzZzz

zzZzz User

you mad bro? 20€/month? are you a homeless? if we want this to be a success we have to pay 400€/day. wtf bro... 20€/month... what are you thinking? we are homeless like you? wtf...

on a serious side... 20€/month? nice way to play alone. nobody will pay 20€/month for a 10+ yo game...
    maybe you don't know, but innova have frost. its an anti-cheat/bot program that you cant avoid...
    ir you use something that read l2 memory, modify it, or even a program in black list, you will be flagged and innova will ban you.
    this isnt old gameguard days where everyone could avoid it.

18. dty//

dty// User

i like unicorns

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  19. AbbaZabba

AbbaZabba User

are you going to play for more than one month? yes? then pay for more than one month, you see the price is only 10 or less euro a month. obviously i'm not homeless if i'm not worried about paying 10 euro a month lol.
    20 euro a month is simply to hamper bots, because they will never pay for more than one month at a time in case of ban. also if i'm willing to pay 10+ euro a month, i'm sure there is many others. maybe i'm completely mistaken, but i'm pretty sure there is a lot of bots on russian servers? do they not have frost? a 10 year old good game, is better than a new game that sucks :p.

Polywog likes this.
  20. zzZzz

zzZzz User

ok. in not going to argue anymore with you.. because you are living in a perfect dream world where everybody have a lot of money and everyone will blind-pay to play without care the amount and where bots are everywhere.
    you are pretending to do innova's job ( ban bots as soon as possible) increasing the price... nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.