1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[DoTs] Discussing DoTs and classes using them

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by fagercraft, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fagercraft

fagercraft User

it is quite well known that dots are really good in l2classic. this is basically due to
    1) high dmg in a soulshot/buffless free world
    2) kiting and losing few hp while dots kill

good dot classes are:
    #1 orc shaman/warcryer - freezing flame op
    #2 sorc/sps/ol (almost as good as wc but not quite)
    #3 dark elf fighters/necro/sh - mostely couse of sting/bleed but also poision.
    #x aoe dots of orc shaman/ol for aoe grind

i might be missing some class, please fill in!

what do you guys make of l2classics classbalance, for eample its a big boost for de fighters in their 20-40 lvls to put on dots when solo etc compared to other races fighters since they get sting.

ps! some questions!
    i am very curious about if multiple stings from more players stack? in god client for eample marks from different summoners stack afaik. but in oldschool lineage2 u coulse only have 1 sting/enemy etc.
    - can 2 warcryers can double freezing flame a mobb, or 2 de fighters can double sting a mobb??
    - does bleed and sting stack for dark elf dagger?

this is very important for group dps planning when making cp (several daggers with bleed up, or only 1 etc)

2. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

multiple bleeds from players cannot stack.

on god servers bloodstab never stacks with another and death breath from feoh which is bleed also doesnt stack with any other bleed. wynns marks work diferently(they arent bleeds) and i dunno any other dot in the game that stacks with itself.

3. MaoMao

MaoMao User

aoe dot is awesome, however, orcs are not that fast runners, you can easily run into troubles but one thing must be clear in many people minds and it is not: where will you get those many mobs?
    wake up, people, due to very slow progress, all the leveling places will be overcrowded, first people which will quit, will do so because of that, constant pvp (not generated by kids wishing to increase their epeen like in regular servers, but by the legitimate need to elbow your way to that precious mob) it will get tiresome even for the heavy grinders. they will say okay, there is no place now for me i will wait for the first wave to pass, but then will try again next month and the situation will be very little changed, the starter areas will be as crowded as before because now the bots kick in to take the few available mobs, so it will be a bit better because you will ks from bots but still not good enough. at the third attempt, the situation will not be changed from second, so people will quit.

4. AbbaZabba

AbbaZabba User

maomao so negative :p, if everyone is suffering together, are they really suffering :p?

kasp69 likes this.
  5. Lionna

Lionna User

"keep going" "keep going" :d
    that´s the way to get up...
    i think many ppl will play orc shaman --> warcryer specially because of that good working bleed :p
    i just hope that here will be mixed classes not like on other l2classic servers where you can find lots of archer/mage groups and like no melee pt...
    will change in later chronicles for sure

6. fagercraft

fagercraft User

alright appriciate the info!

what does freezing flame counts as then? does it stack with bleeds?
    i also assume form this that sting and bleed from aw wont stack with each other? (one is a bleed with slow, 1 is normal bleed)

7. MaoMao

MaoMao User

there is a difference between having the same rules and being overcrowded.
    if everyone has the same adena drop problem if everyone has the same expensive shots to deal with, if everyone must do the same quests to get adena and run on foot to the next town, that is perfectly fine, but if there are not enough mobs and you cannot level even when you allocated time for it, then that is a problem.
    i have no issues with no-lifers camping every mob in cruma and dv, i dont need to level in top places if they are hotly contested, i never was a hardcore grinder and the longer the grind the more fun with the game before "i reached the top and had to stop, and that's what bothering me" kicks in. i will have issues when all places are camped with more players than spawnable mobs, when ranged will kill every mob before my dwarf even notices it spawned, kind of thing.
    i would like to know what is the ratio subscriptions/available servers innova intends to put up and when will those viable subscriptions be counted. i will ask this in the questions thread.

ReewOxize and PanPan like this.
  8. dty//

dty// User

with the latest patch the koreans had their teleport fees removed for chars below 40, here we go, casual

9. fagercraft

fagercraft User

i read it as clan halls had all their teleports go to 1 adena. not basic teleports.. or did a miss a textrow somewhere in the notes?

10. zzZzz

zzZzz User

a change to improve the first levels and the game is casual? dude, they did that because the first levels are a pain... with that, you can use teleports and save enough adena to buy something...
    i don't see it as a casual change, but as a qol improvement.

11. AbbaZabba

AbbaZabba User

no i get what you are saying, over crowding will be a problem. maybe they steal your mobs, but you steal their adena greedy dwarf! ;)

12. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

well im sure freezing flame is not a bleed, while this is not exact proof, on god servers, the freezing flame from warcryer stacks with bloodstab from dagger.

i can only assume sting and bleed dont stack, but im not sure for this one, it might have changed with the updates. but if devs dont troll us, theyre both suposed to be bleeds aka not stack..

13. MaoMao

MaoMao User

i kinda agree this is not welcomed. we either go hardcore or we dont.
    the teleport costs are a serious issue everyone must find a solution to, it is always the time vs items thing, you can always run and also risk pk, while also using the gatekeeper. if they make it impossible to pk chars 10 levels lower, then, yeah, that would be a good change, nobody really wins in that situation, albeit some people will disagree with me, tough challenges from day one are needed, only the most determined survive, etc.

14. vanity

vanity Moderator

however those changes will be implemented 6~ months after server launch... it is reasonable in my opinion that those new starters have a small boost
    and it isn't even xp boost , come on im sure even with free teleports there will be people crying innova to make it easier so that server can grow up in numbers.
    i think it doesn't have any impact to veterans who played from the beginning , on the contrary more people to pvp with =)

ReewOxize and PanPan like this.
  15. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

you can't stack same type dot on classic best you can do is freezing flame + stinger or bleed + poison

16. fagercraft

fagercraft User

alright, this pretty mutch puts dots on a good lvl for solo and small parties. in full parties its dps will be very lo compared to the output of the full group but having atleast 1bleed/poision/magic on should be cool still i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.