1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Class Discussion] Daggers - best one? tactics? leveling?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by fagercraft, Apr 26, 2015.

?

I think the best dagger will be..... (add why in a post!)

1. [AW] Abyss Walker

2. [PW] Plains Walker

3. [TH] Treasure Hunter

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fagercraft

fagercraft User

starting a thread on the general theme of the daggerclasses of l2classic. hope to get some good ideas and discussions on what u guys think makes them good or bad compared to eachother and against other classes.

here are some links with skills for each class from korean powerwiki (classic 2.0! hide is added in these lists, but is ofcourse not in the 1.0 patch)
    abyss walker
    plains walker
    treasure hunter

how would you gear for pve/pvp? (sa, armorsets, dyes)
    is dodge tanking a thing again? (c grade mithril set has +4 evasion, zubei in b grade)
    is the new sa mightmortal gonna be as good as it once was? (all daggers has haste,focus,mm)
    half kill on 40+ stab.. as juicy as half kills on god patches?

what do you think will be some very good ups and downs about the dagger classes when going into classic new server?

2. fagercraft

fagercraft User

personal vote is th for a long time.

pros:
    double target cancel
    10% haste passive
    crit dmg and rate passives (at 56 pw gets 1 lvl higher, lvl74! aw gets 1 lvl higher)
    fighter stats totalling alot more then elfs (basically can match bot le dex or de str with more con)
    fake death+lure

con:
    low dex
    (dex) low acc - accuracy is alot of dps, probably best stat to have unthil you hit max hitchance (try l2calc for info)
    (dex) low dodge - dodgetanking was big back in the days, its big for solo
    no range slow

note:
    lowest base runspeed but has 50% uptime on sprint. and burst of alot of speed is imo better then a 10 more base speed. both in pvp and pve

i just dont see elfs making good impression over th, th has complete skillset and more stats. big problem is however future patches since afaik elfs could get their icon skills mightmortal self buff and blinding blow at later times... but were talkin years here.

aw is interesting since he has hex+dex+str combo. could probably ddge tank aswell as a pw, has gankable bleed, poision, gankable slow and a decent skillset. but very low con (alot less hp/cp) and no sprint.

also if shadow step comes back, sprint wont be as imba to have.

3. dty//

dty// User

you should re-check the base stats, there's a big difference between elf dex and human dex and de str and human str.

the only real pro's i see are the dash and double target cancel, the con doesn't matter on classic because most people are down with 1 backstab and if you can't 1 hit backstab robes you'll waste a lot of mana (and you certainly don't have a big mana pool)

4. fagercraft

fagercraft User

does backstab onehit that well in pvp? th has 4100 hp+cp at lvl56! guess robes are coser to 1hit thou.
    i guess you want the critical dmg passive for pvp and max burst (de+th has equal up to lvl74)
    but more hp gives ou more time to get to your opponent (even with dash your bound to take a hit or 2)

1str diff from human to de
    4dex diff from human to de

about 500-600 hp+cp difference at 50+ from he to de (400hp+180cp extra at lvl56)

i guess in pvp there isnt much difference to the stats, since its all about stabs and runspeed. and runspeed is static(doesnt increase with dex) in classic afaik.
    th - dash, double cancel, fake death
    aw - force slow, force bleed, hex

pve - hex gives aw better dps, but if th has hex from party member he outdps by quite alot.
    pve - mightmortal+half kills might be good but with the mp cost of stabs im doubtful its doable..

5. dty//

dty// User

those are god files, therefore your crit dmg is based on str, so de has by far the most even without hex :)

6. fagercraft

fagercraft User

not by far, by 1 str :p and th can switch 5con to str and still have more base con then aw. granted aw can get 1str more with +5 also but at what cost?

i guess you could dump dex to -9 thou for pvp.. you loose some dodge vs archers but you cain str and con... might even be good for pve since 1str is more dps then 1dex... hrm..

and no runspeed is lost with -dex :p

a th with +5str+4con-10dex (no +4-4 dyes afaik) sounds nasty :d

im only doubting th abit couse if more iconic skills comes to classic (shadow step, mightmortal buff, blinding blow, focus death toggle). that generally puts th behind even pw in stab dmg.. but future patches are so far of i doubt i should keep my breath for em.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  7. dty//

dty// User

those things are coming in the 2nd big patch, i'm pretty sure about that

8. fagercraft

fagercraft User

yeah would be cool if ncsoft could drop some classic3.0 patchnotes for korea soon so one can plan ahead :d

9. Master Hao

Master Hao User

for pve: th>aw=pw
    for pvp: pw=aw>th

i vote for pw because aw looks soo... "different" in light armor and humans dont looks good with dagger.
    pw looks soo cool, like minato namikaze from naruto, lol.

10. KoBa4a

KoBa4a User

+1 wr
    here is a big difference doddge

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  11. AbbaZabba

AbbaZabba User

i strongly suggest you play what ever appeals to you, they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
    th has highest hp, its middle in damage, but has slower run speed, but has lowest evasion.
    aw has lowest hp, but highest damage, middle run speed, middle evasion.
    pw has middle hp, lowest damage, highest run speed, highest evasion.

play what you want, they all play well, every class in l2 can own, it generally depends who plays and if they use the right play style for that class. there really is no best dagger, best archer, best mage. everything is different. back in the day you had some classes that were completely broken compared to others (c1 daggers two hitting tanks through ultimate defense because stabs ignored armor) (destroyers frenzy + zealot, massive run speed almost max crit, running around 2 hitting people) most these things are fixed.

Ironic and Neuron like this.
  12. Neuron

Neuron User

i approve this message!!!
    there is no "best" class. it's all depend on your gameplay style.

Ironic and AbbaZabba like this.
  13. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

i recommend this video

AbbaZabba likes this.
  14. lHuggyBear

lHuggyBear User

pve: elves/dark elves mainly cause of dex. dex=evasion, attack spd, crt chance, blow rate - all you need for exp. elves got lure and 4 selfbuffs + heals de got hex+sting.
    pvp: th against ranged enemies cause of dash in melee combat i think elves/de could be better.

15. Ironic

Ironic User

daggers are quite balanced, really, it all depends on your taste :)

go for th for spamming target cancel and running around like a boss, high hp.
    go elf for speed, evasion tanking, no-one can run away from you, fastest class in whole game.
    go dark elf for trolling with your debuff pool or playing assassin style, fragile but all eyes on you.

16. Sellas

Sellas User

they're all gonna be useless anyway

BiteMe and ReewOxize like this.
  17. Edwin11

Edwin11 User

what's your reasoning?

18. Sellas

Sellas User

getting 2shoted by nukers before they can even get relatively close

Ironic likes this.
  19. Darktoy

Darktoy User

people should stop watching instinct videos.

they're an exception, no nuker ever 2 shots you on classic with normal jewels.

unless you're 10 lvls ahead of your enemy and/or he has low c or d jewels vs your top c weapon, you won't see damage numbers above 400-500 and m.crit power is 2x on classic so a same level dagger can easily get to you or even behind you and 1 hit you :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    HellBlade Se7eN likes this.
  20. Ironic

Ironic User

honestly, the situation is not 1v1... mostly it will be 4v4 etc... and mages will just own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.