1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best nuker class - discussion and poll

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Edwin11, Apr 27, 2015.

?

What is the best nuker class in your opinion?

1. Spellsinger

61 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Spellhowler

36 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. Sorcerer

30 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Necromancer

38 vote(s)
    23.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edwin11

Edwin11 User

what is the best nuker class in your opinion and why? which nuker will you or your friends play?

as for me, i have no doubts that the necromancer class is the best choice, especially for pvp thanks to transfer pain. however, i will play other class just because of my nostalgia.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  2. Lamii

Lamii User

spellhowler is the last class what u want to go.

my list;
    1. sps
    2.sorc
    3. necro
    4.sph

3. Edwin11

Edwin11 User

why did you put sorc higher than nec on your list?

4. Poleman

Poleman User

necro will always pwn 1vs1 anymage on classic.
    on massive, maybe sorcerer / sps

wumhrhlp, Glanarielle and MNQS89 like this.
  5. Lamii

Lamii User

edwin, necro is better in pvp, thats no doubt! but for pve those 2 classes cant event contest.

sorc have very good aoe's and will easy get a party. necro therefor need's cp to gain lvls after 40lvl, or spot at melee pt with summons.

MNQS89 likes this.
  6. Banana Monsta

Banana Monsta User

necro for ma, sorc/sps for aoe.
    tho sorc got his no-target aoe skill (blazing circle), and got btm lvl1 which is also helpful even at later levels. sps more wit= more m crits, but i guess they are balanced, so theres no such a big deal, and obviously slow with good range.
    sh best for solo farming.

7. Lamii

Lamii User

sh is not a best class for solo, after 20 lvl, human and elf get summons which can recharge you. sh have shadow who cant recharge.

u will be mana out much more faster, and there for slower exp. u can literally use summon like till 46-48ish for mana :)

best solo maybe sorc becouse body to mind and summon, but elf there for have overhit.

8. LFRichHusband

LFRichHusband User

well i voted sorc because that fireball >_<. now seriously, sorcerer and spellsinger share nearly the same skillset. when it comes to 1 on 1, necromancers got the advantage with transfer pain and silence. sorc/sps got cancel (if i remember right on c4, this skill erased your entire buffbar), which can screw things up aswell. spellhowler..... until you get wind vortex (which is mage eater cause of 30% cast speed reduction), you can only rely on silence and drains for miracles. uphill battle against necro, against sps/sorc its matter of silence lands or no (until vortex, when you can just cast it and then hurricane them down to pieces, as you outdamage them miles ahead. unless you got that vortex interrupted).

comparing sps and sorc....... sorcerer brings balanced casting speed and balanced power. you have access to decay, which is superior to freezing shackle, (but it isnt really that helpful anyway). you dont have over hit nukes, but you have concentration buff lvl 6, as opposed to other mages who learn rank 2 only. many nukers just raise buffpet to lvl 25 to get empower 1 and then go with acumen pots and selfbuff...... in those scenarios, you can pretty much win duels solely on interrupting your opponent (somewhat luck involved, but i experienced this few times). another difference is in vortexes, sps got 30% speed reducion (and can stack it with frostbolt for another 20% if i remember), while sorc inflicts 30% reduced atack speed (handy against archers for obvious reasons). last one is their ability to regen mana, which is subpar to necro and sph, who can body to mind and corpse life drain to keep them up. spellsinger is completly screwed, his spirit ore self buff helps a bit, but isnt really a life saver. sorcerer keeps body to mind 1, which isnt much, but can be managed with healing potions, providing some regeneration (better then the sps buff).

then there is the pve part...... subjective observation, there are lots of mobs who share fire weak point, other mages dont have that large selection of mobs where they can farm with benefits. necromancer have to get cp, or spend money on bones, while other 3 mages can burn their mana for profit. when it comes to pve, you need highest power you can get and highest uptime you can get. spellhowler excels at that with his highest base m. atack and body to mind + corpse drain. also, they have access to overhits and cdl, which is high risk-high reward method to farm. (necros can do cdl too)

melior likes this.
  9. Approbus

Approbus User

sorcerer and sps are best pve classes, but sorcerer is even better because on classic many monsters have fire weakness - most often type of weakness at current l2 classic files.

10. Lamii

Lamii User

there are no vortexes in lineage classic :)

11. kabul

kabul User

lol, cursed bones? death spike? seriously? get real man. if u use death spike for solo farm ull be broke after few hours.
    and forget about acument pots before 40. check the prices first, then talk ******** (unless ure adena buying for euro emo kid).
    i can see most ppl here still dont know how classic really looks like. bss only on pvp, maybe u can buy 1 or 2 acu pots for pvp, but for sure not in 1st month.
    basicly i dont know how necro can solo efficiently on classic, maybe with sumon - ultra slow. i love this char especially for pvp and i played it on gf for 2 years on ru off, but solo play on classic is almost impossible.

expample:
    your're 44lvl, got ur pro deathspike skill
    prices:
    bssc ~ 90a depends on market (this is 4 month server average price)
    cursed bone - 360a

so 1 hit = 3xbssc + 1 cb = 630a

lvling up 44->45 solo with death spike:
    1 mob = 3 spells ~~ 0.02%
    so need to kill ~5000 mobs = 15k hits x 630a = 9,45kk adena

average mob reinforced gargoyle 44lvl (ivory tower region) drop 26-51 adena, so lets take 35a -> 15k x35a = 0,525kk

after lvl you are -8,925kk what is a lot!

of course u can use d grade weapon or no shots but still youll end below zero :p

for really desperate ppl: gloom+ poison+blaze, or gloom+ vamp claw (big mp cost) + blaze. so you really need party/cp for exp, and random party will prefer sorc/sps for aoe than corpse burst.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    Ironic likes this.
  12. LFRichHusband

LFRichHusband User

quote me the part when i wrote something about deathspikes being money efficient for solo. perhaps you should read it again a find out what "spend money" means. acu pots were mentioned in pvp scenario, and even if they didnt - quote me the part where i say you will have them on 24/7...... and hell, if you do some trading, you can afford few pots. no need to call me emo kid.

i admit, on the other hand, i've put there things i remember from old chronicles. i didnt really find (and didnt try hard in the first place) any database for this classic thing, because its not even here yet.

>some things may not be right, as someone mentioned absence of vortexes. will they be added later on then?

drshiwago likes this.
  13. kabul

kabul User

omfg, this post wasn't personal! why every emo kid on this forum takes everything personal? ;)

ive just wanted to open some ppl eyes about playing any mage (of course necromancer is most hardcore of them according to costs), because ive read every post on this forum and when ppl write they will go solo-duo with box for "exp" i just laugh. classic is not what you (you people, in general) remember from old days, its something new in some way (cause there are some changes in skills and mechanism - do u remember sps spamming sleep+hit+sleep?) and its very hard. its not hard because something is not simple to do, its hard because all you ppl have to drop ur habits, playing styles, theres no easy access to pots, shots even soe scrolls! (of course after some time u can afford and buy some stuff, what will make game much eaiser and comfortable but for now im talking about 1-40lvl, where many ppl will end)
    im not pro-ownators fanboy, i also play casual (family, work, fishing, etc) on ru classic atm (sometimes 3h/day, sometimes 3h/week), and not going to win the server, but it looks like 95% dont realize whats is going on, write some ********* and most ppl believe in it. i want to play on full server, with alive ppl, not only bots, so in my interest is to open ppl eyes and prepare them for new-old style farming for days in 1 spot without everything you know from gf+ chronicles:
    -no vitality,
    -no quest xp and adena (adena cap and very little xp) but ull do every quest anyway even with so low prices
    -generally no ss and bss on farm, only for pvp
    -no soe, haste pots, acumen pots, "mana pots" from privs
    -a lot of sitting for rest
    -a lot of running everytime u die
    -a lot of lost xp because pk or mob kills
    *i repeat its for 1-40 lvl, maybe little more

in conclusion (its a litte off topic now, sorry for that) every mage is good in classic when u play it with passion and dedication, there are no best nuker. some of them are better for pve, some of them rules in pvp, and everything will change with every update anyway.

iboyanov and Ironic like this.
  14. Swayarn

Swayarn User

just curious.. if i'd decide to dualbox a caster/buffer, what would the best comp be?
    thinking about sps/pp,ee or se?? or sorc/pp,ee or se?? well you got my point!

and wich wizard is most preferable for grp exp grinding?

15. kabul

kabul User

about what lvl youre asking? 1-40?

16. Swayarn

Swayarn User

i'm not asking any specefic lvl, overall, even if i get bored with box at 25 and only playing nuker or if i box all the way to 56.
    my memory is a bit foggy from the classic days, but i can also add this question!

what wiz is best and most wanted for grp xping? overall lvl wise!

ReewOxize likes this.
  17. Trevor

Trevor User

c1 sph could sleep + poison (dot dmg didnt break sleep) as well as group poison, then just 1 simple nuke. maybe classic fixed that :p

18. Sailence

Sailence User

sps is best pvp class hands down. best mana regen, especially to about lvl 48 or so with pet. not to mention the cancel and the slow. i played sps in c1 and c2 and i was almost unbeatable. archers? no problem? cancel slow kite cancel kill. daggers? yeah right, they couldn't touch me. other mages same thing, cancel and slow. sps is almost too easy as long as you know how to play.

19. kurohime

kurohime User

anyone have some info on cast time for sleep?

20. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

luthercezart likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.