1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrows Everywhere - Archer Thread

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by zzZzz, Apr 27, 2015.

?

What archer are you going to play?

1. Hawkeye

48.8%
  2. Phantom Ranger

23.8%
  3. Silver Ranger

27.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzZzz

zzZzz User

post here your archer questions or doubts.
    i'll start.
    what archer class do you think is better for pvp/e ?
    i think sr will ve the best in pve but in pvp its far behind.
    he will be as always the middle.
    gh will be bad in pve but near-to-god-like in pvp...

Ironic likes this.
  2. Banana Monsta

Banana Monsta User

pr- most burst (dead eye crit dmg bonus, best str)
    he- best lifting capacity, best range(snipe), dash, middle str/dex
    sr- best atk spd/evasion but with his ultimate skill (rapid fire) got -50% range with aa, which is a disadvantage comparing to others archers

prolly 90% of archer cp will go for he, maybe few players will decide to pr, highly doubt about big numbers of sr's

in pve theres no much difference, all got same selfbuffs/passives, bd got hex so theres no such advantage to pr. lets call them even equal

Ironic likes this.
  3. Ironic

Ironic User

is it possible to edit the post and put a poll on top about what archer people gonna choose?
    i am curious.

4. zzZzz

zzZzz User

i cant... im in my smartphone now.
    if a moderator could add it...

5. Machinae

Machinae User

he was always popular for it's decent all round stats and i doubt that'll change, i had an sr previously and he was more of a fire support than a killer - not to say that sr isn't incredibly good at supporting with the highest r.spd and that rapid fire, oh that rapid fire is so good at slinging stun shots at people ready to be trucked by your slow poke buddies when they eventually catch up, most people judge how good an archer is by how much damage he does and not it's utility though. if i was to play an archer again i would pick pr this time most likely, then reroll sr when i start to feel too slow and like it's been 6 weeks since i scored a critical hit.

6. zzZzz

zzZzz User

poll added. ^^

Ironic likes this.
  7. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

i recommend this video!

8. Ironic

Ironic User

hawkeye quite dominating in the poll,
    well dash and hp bonus and extra range is fair enough.

9. zauliuz

zauliuz User

snipe is good only if you can oe it for cost aka you can move with snipe.. otherwise it's suicide

Ironic likes this.
  10. zzZzz

zzZzz User

yep... no jewels, no gear... stay without move is shout to everyone to kill you. maybe could be useful in pve where mobs have stupid ai

Ironic likes this.
  11. Ragnar

Ragnar User

hawkeye is the most balanced archer but with the proper buffs/gear all are good.

12. Luminight

Luminight User

so from that video it looks like with full buffs sr rapid fire mode is almost as good as he?

13. zzZzz

zzZzz User

yes. in pve sr will be the archer god... but in pvp he is better. a -50% range isnt good for pvp...

Luminight likes this.
  14. Machinae

Machinae User

the range thing doesn't matter that much, the benefits of the buff outweigh that most of the time except perhaps open siege field when you do want to maintain distance, most of the time you move quick enough to kite melee at that range without trouble, you move quick enough to get inside that range vs other ranged classes (note you can still throw skills off at max range while closing distance) another thing - it's not like having might buff for example which you obviously buff before a fight for a 20min duration, you can use it at any time, knowing when it's the right time makes it a very very strong skill.

15. Luminight

Luminight User

i think the very fact elf fighters can do elemental heal makes them a lot better!

16. zzZzz

zzZzz User

i come with a question...
    at early levels, is better use a bow or dagger/swords?
    i was thinking that with a bow you can hit mobs first and do more damage. also you dont have to tank every mob, letting you more farming time.

17. Jammer

Jammer User

you'll probably see most archers using a dagger until 40. i know i will. remember progress in classic thrives in parties, which you'll want to melee in. also you need to consider the cost of arrows and the fact that you won't be using shots, you really won't have the money for arrows for a while.

zzZzz likes this.
  18. Von

Von User

actually in that chronicle with no shots, no money to buy good armor etc, bow is way better than melee! and if you watch the russian servers, even destros and daggers are xping with bows! one man is kiting the mob the others hiting with bows! bow means range and kite so less dmg to take and less heals! if you xp in group it takes a lot of time to kill a monster so a melee grp with bad armor can't stand up for long. and as far as i know in rus classic, ppl sell arrows, craft etc! russians play that way, and i trust russians in pve!

19. Luminight

Luminight User

no one will be exping with shots but the monsters damage will be the same so melee will lose out slightly!

20. fagercraft

fagercraft User

you need a proper geared tank & ng healer for melee, bow parties only need a ng healer.
    not sure bow dps is actually better. it looks pretty slow when fisher party is grinding in dragon valley. and kiting means less dps from the kiter also.

range looses no time wihen switching target since they can apply dps from far away, but a good tank should be able to keep mobbs comming for a melee party anyway..

but i too dont think russians top parties are stupid, if they are running bow weapons even with some melee chars, its proably a very good idea to use a bow generally.
    the arrow cost wil cut alot into the profit of hunting thou, and i seriously dont think you wanna pay for your own arrows in a 9man party yourself, those top cps most likely share the loot so everony shares te cost of the arrows used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.