1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solo Spoiler viable?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Waldorf, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waldorf

Waldorf User

i'll surely play with 2 accounts but i'm not sure i want to 2 box again. done that for several years and the lack of social interaction makes the grind very boring and i always end up burning out and quitting.

so this time around i think i'll try to group with other people and mostly level like that. anyway i'm wondering how hard it'll be to find groups as a dorf spoiler. i've never played solo dorf so i really have no idea.

since i imagine most spoilers will either be 2 boxing or playing with their clan mates, i could see there being quite a bit of demand for spoilers in random pugs at cruma or elsewhere.

do you guys think it would work on a busy server? otherwise i'll just go bd/sws...

2. Ironic

Ironic User

very easily you will get party as spoiler and for pvp just spam your stun, dwarfs are not bad at all. let me give you some reasoning;

money and gear is so hard to obtain on this chronicle, so spoiler in party with shared spoil is like premium rate adena drop for people, that's how you gonna get parties, you can even undress after 20 level and just spoil and sit.

3. fagercraft

fagercraft User

spoiler is going to be the second thing i invite to my party, right after a buffer/healer. share spoils ofc..

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  4. Edwin11

Edwin11 User

do tripplebox spoil+craft+se

5. Waldorf

Waldorf User

ye triple box is tempting :) but like i said in op, i always end up getting burned out when i box too much.
    want to try playing socially this time around (which i've never done in the passed).
    spoiler it is then ! cheers for replies.

6. Approbus

Approbus User

don't be tricked into tripplebox on classic, especially as a dwarf. you will hate your life, just find regular parties, it is very easy to find one as long as spoil loot is set to random.

FryderykChopin, Waldorf and Ironic like this.
  7. Ironic

Ironic User

follow this advice i quoted above, stick to one box, is already hard enough to play and as a dwarf you dont need other boxes.
    people those who aren't dwarf need a dwarf for money, but you don't need anything, *** the buffer box, just go party with some cleric.

Waldorf likes this.
  8. fagercraft

fagercraft User

spoiler get cancel in 2.0! with built in stun and seems to do dmg (forceattack possible)

9. Waldorf

Waldorf User

cancel? is that the spell that removes all buffs from target?

10. Luminight

Luminight User

yeah sorcs and sps have the spell "cancellation" which removes opponents buffs. however with spoilers being classed as "rogue" maybe its a target cancel like the dagger skills

11. fagercraft

fagercraft User

cancel doesnt remove all buffs, more like 1-3 these days.
    it says removes 1 benifical buff, worded as a normal cancel. but that is ofcourse google translate magic.. and we know that can fail like a lvl2 windstrike on antharas.

BlackWoodz likes this.
  12. Norz!

Norz! User

i've talked with a member of the current top l2c ru party, and he told me that spoiler was a false good idea. he couldn't really explain me how (his english was extremely limited) but basically said that many people thought about it, but the spoil rate was sooo bad that people gave up on it and spoiler is just now a waste of a slot in a party. he didn't really have any reason to bs me since he knows i'm no ru competition and will play eu. also, after watching some streams here and there, i must say i haven't seen a single spoiler. not sure it's really good for them atm.

13. Waldorf

Waldorf User

yeah been watching some ru classic streams aswell and they never have a spoiler in their cp.
    in fact the only dwarves u see in those streams is usually a dead 2 boxer with his equally dead buffer corpse not too far away.
    arghhh decisions, decisions !!! what to play ? :(
    good thing we have time to think things over before launch :d

14. Leeway

Leeway User

you dont see them in cp cus a well organised cp will have a slave spoiler outside of the main party. spoiler is good for cp (or as a guest to a cp - statisticly most of the spoils will end up in the cp-members so its a good deal for them if they realise that).

15. Norz!

Norz! User

well, the "slave spoiler" won't level itself tho

so it's nice and all to keep in group people that can actually contribute to kill stuff, but i'm not quite sure how you lvl a spoiler to 60+ in 6 months without having him in xp groups :p

16. Leeway

Leeway User

if you look closely, the mage and prolly the others too are 60++. the max lvl you need for your spoiler is till you get the last spoil lvl (58? not sure). after that no point to put him in party. before that they prolly used him to gather the mobs for the mages.

17. Norz!

Norz! User

good point, i guess

zxudsthm and ReewOxize like this.
  18. Waldorf

Waldorf User

cool video, thanks. this is actually the same clan i was watching on the stream. they were farming the same spot but with all archers and no spoiler.
    spoil rate doesn't look that bad, on some pulls it's almost 50%. mostly it's much lower tho.
    anyway i'm not gonna play to min max like these guys, just want to have fun and level a dwarf ;)

19. Luminight

Luminight User

i saw a lot of the early bot trains abusing spoilers. however they obviously outlived their use! you can't spoil full drops of full plate at dragon valley in classic?

20. FryderykChopin

FryderykChopin User

how do you know that so sure? any source for that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.