1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why L2C is the real L2 for me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaoMao, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaoMao

MaoMao User

okay, i am not going to rant about the good old days, i will just give you my reasons why current l2 is just another mmo, while l2c is the classic mmo par excellence.

1. slow progress makes it the real rpg out there. you do not get rich in a day in rl, nor become the president in 2 months if you have a lot of money. you have time to thoroughly get to know the game, and here i do not mean just the mobs to kill and spoil for exp, drops and spoil, but how to optimise parties, optimise kill rate, trade and craft, all parts of the game will have to be used to the fullest, and starting out with a smaller world gives a chance to really get to know the content and appreciate all the changes.

2. lower adena drops, low items in shops and no l2store makes the need of cooperation bigger than ever.

3. all classes will have their part, who makes bd/sws today anymore, even a class as basic as the tank is no longer needed including in most raids and bosses designed to be killed by at least 4 parties can be done with 3 chars and even support classes can solo raids 6 levels higher.

4. i think the devs are rebooting l2. it is like redoing star trek, but in a different direction, while the new movies are catering for the today's kids, the l2 devs are doing it for the old school heavy gamers. mmos today are just a cheap entertainment, kids dont give it much more attention than to the latest "spironman", l2 is just another title out there, an old and dusty one, for that matter, in spite of great graphic here and there and great modding of a very old engine.

5. in spite of that people say, l2c is the future for the real market of mmo, where people login not only to level and dominate, but also casually progress and make friends, in spite of pks and all that comes. there is a special category of people that thrive in conflict, which dont give up when things go tough, but allocate more resources to go over the obstacles. they do not need the nanny l2, the nanny gm, the nanny state, they will like to be challenged and most of them have honour and dont go around to trick and "pk by mob" players 10-20 levels below for some meager animal skin or low ng armor part.

6. if we manage to get enough traction, spread the word, have nice and polite gms which work hard and make no compromise (perma ban at the slightest "mistake"), create a nice atmosphere where rmt has no place and all that comes with it, such as enforcers, campers running shared chars 24/7, locked raids and all, if your kids can play along with you without you having to answer embarrassing questions, then this might be the game of choice of many-many people, it is a historic opportunity to get known and collect all the private players, all the legits swamped in a bot world, all the serious and dedicated gamers out there in it for the fun and not profit, many other categories, then it can be not only the real l2, but the real mmorpg, for all of us which dont give a damn on heavy efects in need of latest hardware, but value the content and the atmosphere above all else.

above all, l2c can be the way the devs intended it at inception, or even improved upon, all the side tracking erased, wounds healed by going back in time and killing the big villain, which is "popular demand". we have a saying in my country, be careful what you want, for you may get it.

Luminight, Spyros, AbbaZabba and 4 others like this.
  2. Grumeck

Grumeck User

agree :)

3. Apophis

Apophis User

besides some parts from point 6, i am with you.

4. Louk97

Louk97 User

that's the spirit ☺

Freud OAP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.