1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion for banning - GM world shouts

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Luminight, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminight

Luminight User

i was thinking about how we can help keep the game as clean as possibles. how about every time someone is banned a gm will do a server wide global shout along with a casual joke typically involving the characters name.

not only does this show the legit community something is being done but it is also massive publicity for the gms the jokes also show the human side to their role!

also side effect is any freshly starting cheaters may be persuaded to not continue their actions!

2. Onyx

Onyx Innova Group

hi! i really appreciate your care about the community, but what you suggest is impossible for two reasons: firstly, we do not discuss bans with third party, and secondly, the game chat will just get paralyzed because of the number of such announcements.

3. Tirith

Tirith User

i like the idea. ;d

shouting something like "world of aden is a bit cleaner now!" won't hurt too many people. those that don't know what those messages would mean are free to interpret them as they please.

doesn't have to be for every ban and it doesn't need to include banned characters names.

Louk97, AccodoToonype and kyclop like this.
  4. Luminight

Luminight User

it's something another game i was playing was doing and thought it might be useful to atleast suggest it but i understand chat may get a tad clogged up :p thanks for reading anyway :d

5. iMadD

iMadD User

this is silly private server's tactics where they shout oh look how good job i did "<nickname> got ban / <nickname> got jail " go danate me now
    imo im more than happy when gm's doing there job and i can see it by minimum bot population and no if there is shouts about the job.
    action's speak better than words (or something like that is going :p )

6. Jammer

Jammer User

i don't know about shouts being needed, but in-game gm's could go a long way in shutting down bots very quickly.

7. Weeeu

Weeeu User

Well, it's not neccesary to shout EVERY single bot ban. You could also be more discrete by having one daily shout with ammount of bots banned for the last 24h. Just one shout with a neat statistic, at about 6-7PM server time.

8. Stride

Stride User

Do you even imagine the possible amount of banned characters?
    Ingame chat isn't correct place for posting such lists anyway, the topic on forum is another deal. There were some topics from L2C RU with banned characters, so I wouldn't mind if here will be some aswell.

9. Louk97

Louk97 User

why how many ppl get banned in a server per day for other reasons apart from botting?

10. Fragola

Fragola User

agree, forum lists would be enough

11. zauliuz

zauliuz User

i miss HGM=spam= from teon.. that one was really funny. he port to WoA and !Hello bots, you can run away now, i have banhammer!! and other funny jokes :)

Evaggelion likes this.
  12. LikeAVirgin

LikeAVirgin User

i remember when spam was announcing stuff, teon went from heavy to light :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.