1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NewDawn looking for mature, legit and nice people!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by MaoMao, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaoMao

MaoMao User

hello!

i plan to launch a clan for the people with commitments and mostly over 30.
    there will be plenty of no-life clans out there, but we need a home too.

some rules:
    1. no drama no cursing, no cry, no begging! if you do not like your kid to share this clan with you, then we failed.
    2. participation in common actions is not mandatory. we will have a place to announce events and set up constant parties,on a voluntary basis. i plant to have at least 3-4 officers taking care of various aspects.
    3. no nationalism, no religion! there are and will be enough wars on these themes, want a clan where nobody needs to tell where is from or which god, if any, likes best as long as some basic english skills to be able to communicate properly are displayed.
    4. our word is our bond, no scamming, no killing of chars 10 levels below, even if provoked, as long as you can avoid it. we will defend against the top clans whenever possible as well as against high level chars in for an easy pk. we will be honourable knights, carrying our noblesse titles with dignity.
    5. if we are in it from the start and keep going at least a few hours a day, we wont fall so much behind, the progression is geometric, if we play 4 times less than top people (i dont mean afk bots, char sharing, etc, just legit people) then we will be 4 levels or so behind at most at that gap we can still compete if we manage to get a decent income without breaking ourselves. brains and cooperation can make up for no-life training even in heavy hardcore servers.
    6. 1 char as main, 2-3 alts for income and support (dwarves crafters/spoilers, shops, rezzer or buffer if you dualbox outside clan events and your main is not support, things like that). i presume we all are veteran players which can easily make up their mind knowing their own playstyle. we will have alt clan for those unless needed in main clan for some reason.
    7. we wont dominate the server, but we will have fun without quitting our lives for it.

Naritzia, Lilacc, Surround and 3 others like this.
  2. Louk97

Louk97 User

gl and hf

innadril likes this.
  3. fagercraft

fagercraft User

interesting and nice concept :)
    vill you prepare voice coms and forums in advance also?

i'm looking for a clan that is "casual competeive", and this sounds promising!

but a clan without voice is very likely too casual for me :d

4. innadril

innadril User

i played hardcore as **** w/o voip and i can't agree with that quoted statement. i understand how useful it is for clan vs clan, sieges, etc, but i think that a clan can do it pretty well without mandatory voip while being pretty far from "too casual"...
    i hope to find what i'm looking for with @maya reinhartz 's yatagarasu

also, and getting back to op, i love to see this kind of clans standing their ground. i'm really looking forward to classic.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    Naritzia likes this.
  5. MaoMao

MaoMao User

due to own issues (hearing loss) i cannot use it, but, since i am a sysadmin and working in the hosting industry, this wont be any problem to setup. same with forum and all.

6. fagercraft

fagercraft User

i never meant to say that voip = only casual. but i hope we can both agree on that a clan with proper management, goals, teamwork, friendship and spirit most likely comes with a forum and a voice server right :)?

i have played in alot of casual clans since i got a life outside l2 in 2008 or something, and most (not all) of the ones who said they would get it later, or use some subpar stuff or not at all have ended badly.

witch is why i personally will be looking for it when looking for clans, not as a requirement, but as a heavy upside/downside.

7. Azren

Azren User

hello there!

the concept of this clan interests me. i got a dayjob and am attending univesitry along with other activities like learning to play the piano and go to katori training. in short, i am usually busy, so i will only play from 0-3 hours a day. this makes it near impossible to join a cp, but i still enjoy partying and want to be in sieges, small scale clan battles later on. if your members will be friendly enough to allow the casual bunch to tag along, this might just be the place for me. voice chat is important to me, because i found that while playing i often ignore the chat windows. i plan to run es as main (but this is not final yet).

8. Advocad

Advocad User

i have to disagree. it's hard for a cp to play without voice, not to mention for an entire clan.

a cp without voice coms is nothing more than a random.

johnfistikis likes this.
  9. MaoMao

MaoMao User

that is not a problem, however level difference will be.
    unfortunately, the clan will have only 40 max members if what people say is true, but we will have a sub-clan, of course, or maybe two or more to have alliance chat and party match.
    it is possible to have a very high number of people and in this case parties can happen even if you play only a couple of hours a day. i expect everyone who plays little to trade in afk shops a lot so will be well geared.
    so, as i see it, 40 core members in main clan, ranked on activity levels, then allied clans and party matching will take place in the alliance.
    nobody will be kicked for being low level, just for a week or more of inactivity, but cannot have a place in the main clan with the active people if not participating enough.
    i will make a ts server and every cp can have their room there.
    the site will have the rules and advice about how to level efficiently in terms of adena, gear yourself and how to trade, so there are no excuses for poor people.

10. eytyxia

eytyxia User

your clan sounds really interesting since i do have a full-time job, i might be joining you with few friends, however, i "might" be a bit of a trouble-maker, but i would not expect you or make the clan fight my fights! will make sure to contact you again if this classic server concept is realized :ninja:

11. Phantosy

Phantosy User

sounds good since i have a family and full time job.you have my attention.

12. MaoMao

MaoMao User

OK, everyone, if and when the server will start, pm Tano in game.
    Innova is dragging their feet way too much, hope to see you all in

Sooo, had some time this morning and setup a forum for the clan: http://newdawn.100percent.info/index.php
    If you wish to join, register and PM me here to approve it.
    Who knows, maybe we have a structure before the server starts :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  13. Kyd

Kyd User

I had the pleasure to play in one of MaoMaos clans on Naia and Core.

PvE, events and social experience worked very well without forcing the use of TS3. Several years later I found the reason for the lack of voice communication in this topic. Ha!

I recommend NewDawn to mature players with limited time. If you look for top-level-PvP or have pleasure with cheating or being a bad guy to progress faster, this clan is not your choice.

MaoMao likes this.
  14. bagindawud

bagindawud User

Greetings,,

Good luck to your clan, its nice to see more casual clan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.