1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest way from 1 to 40+

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edwin11, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edwin11

Edwin11 User

people who played on russian classic and know what they're talking about are especially welcome in this discussion.

2. Fuzee

Fuzee User

there is no such thing as "fast" in l2c. depends on how many hours a day are you willing to dedicate. if you are going to play 10 hours a day you might get lvl 40 within few weeks.

ReewOxize likes this.
  3. Edwin11

Edwin11 User

i didn't write that i want you to discuss how to reach 40+ fast.

this thread is to discuss the most effecient way of leveling from 1 to 40+.

reading comprehension.

thanks.

4. Oscar

Oscar User

oh god, this topic :d
    i dunno about most optimal way, but it's sometimes better to farm on lower lvl mobs (below white) and dont sit for regen, than get 20% more exp but sit after each 1-2.

ziggle likes this.
  5. MaoMao

MaoMao User

it depends. the most efficient includes also financially sustainable, so you must have 2 dwarf friends in your party, at least one crafter and a spoiler and you share that as well the dwarf will crash shots with the worthless drops and and make weapons with the mats the spoiler brings and the mana from a buffer/recharger, then a tan to be able to stay on a mob for a long time while hitting without shots and very bad gear/no set bonus, etc, then, obviously a serious healer or an ee to also give some buffs (se is mandatory for vr and empower), even if some come after 40, you do not intend to quit after 40 right?
    lets see:
    2 dwarves, 2 buffer/healer, 1 tank, 1 nuker, one orc, might wish for the fighter one as can handle poles well enough together with the dwarves, then some more dd, preferably aoe. this is setup for all places long time sustainable, but it is not the most efficient.
    a nuker/recharger setup would probably be the fastest, either with clarity as ee or empower as se, while in undead areas if mana is not a problem, ee would be better but in harder mobs se better because it kills faster and can use shots the killing being more efficient at least in "trouble" situations. an ee+nuker in undead areas will do better too because ee can give clarity and join in the kill.
    if you plan really carefully other setups will work, such as wl+se due to vr and recharge which will reduce healing need to a minimum. we will see again sitting for mana regen on all chars and that will really be a great factor in leveling speed.

6. koyia

koyia User

is amazing to see how the lineage community can turn all the topics in a senseless arguing.

and the best way to leveling is probably getting a buffer, soloing will always brings the chance to be pk and is not going to be clan buffs for a while.

zzZzz, Benjamin Alex T and ReewOxize like this.
  7. Oscar

Oscar User

on topic:
    clan with passive skill to increase exp gain is for sure part of "fastest way",
    exp % bonus from party count is also important,
    as for farming itself, i would say aoe with mages brings best results.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
    Ylhia and ReewOxize like this.
  8. Edwin11

Edwin11 User

could any moderator clean up this thread please? :rolleyes:

looking for some serious input from someone who already played classic.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  9. MaoMao

MaoMao User

it all depends on the crowding level. if not enough mobs avalable, you may do better in duo.

same thing, how aoe with purple people and few mobs around?

it will be atrocious for dwarves as they are not ranged and slow to kill even though good stunners, that will not help much in a crowded area.
    archers will not afford arrows, mages shots and mana, warlord wont find the mobs like everyone else for that matter...
    creativity and adapting that is the key, be versatile and quick thinking on the ground.

unless they played from the first few days, it wont apply in our first few days. with overcrowding it is a completely different game.

kyclop likes this.
  10. iMadD

iMadD User

my "fast" way to lvl is enjoy every single minute i will be on line , when that time comes and who cares if i'm 40 lvl when all server will be 65+
    the enjoyment of grinding solo with box's or with old/new friends is greater than any top lvl and owning on pvp
    isn't this the reason we all want the classic anyway?or is just me?

kyclop likes this.
  11. melior

melior User

there is only one true answer:
    cp

12. Oscar

Oscar User

i played on grand kain first 2 months when server was full most of day time,
    if you got full party and mages, you can afford going for higher level mobs (less populated area) and it's not that hard to find own spot or kick some other party from there (especially when they aoe and have mobs on them :p).

Ironic likes this.
  13. Ironic

Ironic User

+1...
    or well organized clan, where clan chat is full of "lf tank to partisan", "lf healer to elven ruins" bla bla...

14. Ironic

Ironic User

yep as mages you can even start pk'ing people in the spot and they will run away like ants once you pk 1 or 2...
    sometimes pk is the best way to say "*** off from the spot, i am the boss"
    if he comes again pk him again (he won't anway, no one wants to lose 10% instead of changing his spot)

15. MaoMao

MaoMao User

i merely said first days. in a week, maximum 2 the levels already spread and more spots are used, the few 24/7 parties ale already far,the bottom people just come in and the starter areas are still overcrowded while mid ranged zones are playable at least at night but in eu will have a lot of americans, so, maybe in the early morning.

indeed, however, you get to stay read a lot, there is a very good chance some people near will notice and you cant bsoe, pr or return. this is not a regular server people with years of experience in this are sharpening their swords and polishing their staffs. one of my early days distraction was to wander around pk places to collect, dressed in rags (literally) and with newbie staff, it may be an interesting way to collect items and gear yourself.

Benjamin Alex T likes this.
  16. Ironic

Ironic User

that makes l2 fun, it's open pvp :)
    you may never know who is gonna come behind you, you may have 20 mobs on your *** and all of a sudden a naked dwarf can give you a stun :)
    l2 is full of surprises, if you don't have your friends next to you, you are not safe basicly.

people don't even touch pk players in russian server, cos nobody wants to have problems,
    fighting for a spot, calling your friends etc.. can cost you wasting 1 hour, losing your party trying to re-make it, losing exp... people just avoid this situations by changing their spot and ignoring all pink red players for the sake of exp.

somebody pk'ed you? fine, just go to another spot and pk someone other, who is weaker.

17. MaoMao

MaoMao User

then, one of three:
    a. they are cowards and deserve their fate;
    b. they are rmters and are in it for the money, time is money;
    c. they are afk farming adena and items to sell and/or exp to sell the account.

in eu it will be much more of the point 1, if the gms will leave the other two unfold, there wont be l2c eu for long.

18. Ironic

Ironic User

it's hard to change the rules of nature, the same way it's hard to change people on l2.
    if you wanna enforce people to "be good" "help each other" etc.
    you have to be stronger in game than those coward no life cp players, or you have to out number them.

cos people learn from experience, when they fail once twice three times against brutal players, they just automatically learn that l2 is unfair, no i wont be good guy and help the poor, i will just ignore and advance on my way...

so the only way to change this to be stronger than the evil :)
    so that goodness may happen on server :)

but of course this hate and love is how you met your friends and enemies in game :)

Benjamin Alex T likes this.
  19. MaoMao

MaoMao User

you have a faint chance to be stronger than them if you employ the same illegal means whether botting or rmt, account sharing, etc. or you can live in the game.
    this is hardcore and will have a lot of legits living in the game, indeed, but they will not outnumber the cheaters, unless the gms are doing their job and then some.
    however, a server does not live only from 20 hours a day every day legits or 24/7 trains of the rmt people, i agree it is a harsh world i agree new players stand no chance, i agree you cannot help the poor without something in return or you become one as well, but adding to this being a **** and deliberately "cleaning" the game from such players means you wish for an empty and eventually closed server. if you wish to prove something, pick on people in the same level range say max 5 levels lower and one grade gear lower. anything lower will mean you are a **** and will soon cry the servers are empty and will be merged/closed.

20. kabul

kabul User

trolololo, if we are talking about pre 40lvl pt -> if ure going for mage aoe, 1 nuker is not enough - no shots, long reuse time of aoe skills, small dps. if u are talking about orc - i prefer 2 orc shamas much more than crafter, on classic ppl will learn about all skills, not just f1 main attack, shaman is very good for aoe, it doenst matter if its mage or melee pt (mass burn hp ftw).

again no knowledge about the game and classic...
    what clarity?????? on 58th lvl?? so ure going to take 58th lvl ee for 1-40lvl exp oop? and u take him from where?
    same with se - empower lvl 1 on 25th (+55% m.atak) and thats all. lvl 2 is on 44.
    of course u need some buffs and heals, so future ee/se is ok, but remember that human mage has pet for buff and recharge, same with elves (only recharge, no emp). so empower is fine, but even if u go with mages cleric is much more important:
    -ressurection + heal
    -wind walk + shiled + concentration + mental shiled
    -acumen lvl1 + lvl2(20lvl and 35lvl)
    -berserker spirit (35lvl)
    -focus on 25lvl (for dd pt)

as i wrote in other topic about nuker class - classic is not what u remember from old days! please do some research before writing trash.

and one more thing: i have this strange feeling that ppl think they will make party or log box and go for exp. lol. first of all, u have to find any spot, or win pvp/pk for it. even now, when gk has 1500 online, its hard to find good 20-30lvl aoe place to farm, cause there are ppl everywhere! so imagine what will be on spots when online hits 5-6k? there are also some clans/parties, just running around and kill (mostly on pk) ppl just for fun. this is what i missed the most on eu - pvp from early lvl, and if u dont flag ull die anyway on pk and say goodbye to 10% u've just earned. think about it. eu used to be the biggest carebears ever, i hope it wont happen on eu l2c server again.

Ironic, Raph95 and Konoxus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.