1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can you dualbox if teleports are so expensive?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Fuzee, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzee

Fuzee User

so i saw threads & posts where people say they are going to dualbox. unless you pick characters from same race how are you going to dualbox from beginning?

are you going to walk all the way or you are going to wait till you have enough adena to teleport?

2. Approbus

Approbus User

regardless of boxing, you won't be using teleport almost ever. walking is not that big of a deal, it takes you about 5 minute of walking from gludio to dion, which is kinda most often route you gonna use in early days. don't forget that you won't be using any consumables (potions,shots,etc), so once you go to some exp spot you will stay there for minimum day, and sometimes for half week, without moving you character. taking that in consideration, walking 5-10 minutes from time to time isn't any issue.

c4rlito likes this.
  3. Tirith

Tirith User

you run, you run like a -_-.

that's what we used to do. when teleporting from dion to giran was too expensive. or if you had enough cash you would run from gludio to giran zone and then soe but thats if you had 250 adena to spare.

innadril likes this.
  4. Fuzee

Fuzee User

so if you are dualboxing & you have a dwarf & an elf, you are going to walk from dwarven village to elves village or vice versa? :d

5. Approbus

Approbus User

dualboxing in general is not recommended, but it is especially not recommended until level 20. classic is hard, but you will hit level 20 in no time, and after that decide your location (usually around dion or ruins of agony) to exp further. there aren't too many reasons to go back to starting village, once you do 1st occu class (until 2nd occu class) and there is also quest in dwarven village that lets you use some kind of token to teleport in gludin (or gludio).

6. MaoMao

MaoMao User

indeed. it is kinda once in a lifetime thing, so, why not. if you get pked, you go to the nearest town which is de village for me, as i will get the dwarf to de village. if it is not going to be possible (frankly, i dont remember exactly how could you run to dwarf land and orcland in the early days), then i will invest in a tp once.
    as for soe, who needs them today, /unstuck solved a lot of issues which were showstoppers in c1. i remember once dropping under the texture and seeing countless mobs walking around there too, took me a very long time to figure how to escape that white place, the bottom of l2. walking around, eventually and reloging a few times solved the issue, since then always had soe with me.

as for being not recommended, of course, however, a spoiler in de village keltirs might yield more npc food stuff than 2-3 spoilers on a mob in dwarf areas.

7. Fuzee

Fuzee User

how long does it approximately take to get to lvl 20? say you play 3-6 hours a day

8. Norz!

Norz! User

i think it's hard to tell because it's all about whether you can find enough mobs. and if you got a class that can have the upper hand in a ks fest.

9. Approbus

Approbus User

to be honest i forgot how it took me while i was testing ru version, but it wasn't more than few days. basically, you will lose most of the time on sharing monsters with other players and on waiting on quest monsters (there are few quests so important that skipping them isn't an option). still, i know this is offtopic, but heed my advice and start looking for group of people with whom you should exp, dualbox is just not working well on classic and many russians regretted that decision. you don't have to find people for serious cp, just find people to put on your friendlist and with whom you will later exp from time to time.

10. Oscar

Oscar User

escaping from dorf village is possible only via teleport (3k adena) :d
    and about unstuck, i prefered soe since it's not that expensive and you won't use it a lot anyway (you go to town by yourself only for restock, which you won't afford :p)

11. Fuzee

Fuzee User

got it, thanks. now, do you wanna be my friend? lol :d:d

12. Approbus

Approbus User

we can be friends np :) but our daily playtime will differ quite alot for us to be able to exp in same party for longer period of time :)

13. Jammer

Jammer User

getting to level 20 takes the same amount of experience as it did in the old days. the xp curve for classic doesn't start until level 22, that's when you'll start to notice a slower climb.

getting to level 40 in classic is the equivalent of getting to a little over level 53 in traditional l2.

getting to level 75 in classic is equivalent to...are you sure you want to hear this?

level 75 in classic is equivalent to getting 6 1/2 characters to level 75 in traditional l2.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  14. Tirith

Tirith User

fear mongering i say! i know future updates are far away but the exp won't stay this slow indefinitely. but if it does, people will think twice before flagging up! :p

15. xtapodia

xtapodia Banned

its official it will be so hard to exp you will not have to be in hurry to run somewhere , even if you need to go somewhere very fast you can run 2 min and use soe when you join anothers city territory zones

16. Sailence

Sailence User

you just run, and if you have adena for soe you keep using /loc to see where you can soe. eventually you will learn all the places to soe at

xtapodia and ReewOxize like this.
  17. Machinae

Machinae User

welp there goes my plan to take my dwarf to elven village and fight elves for the fungus quest.

18. xtapodia

xtapodia Banned

well i wanted to say the same but my english is kinda bad :d thanks for saying it

19. MaoMao

MaoMao User

no soe! /unstuck all the way.

20. KonikGaB

KonikGaB User

actually i think the dualbox is good for exp on higher rates or different serves

here dual box shouldn't be not because of begging but because further playing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.