1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gladiator/Duelist Thread

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Luminight, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminight

Luminight User

want to get in touch with some fellow glads and discuss their strategies for classic.

dual swords will initially be very hard to obtain as not only will we need 2 decent swords but the pairing cost also! and i can imagine the vast majority of duals being handed to bd's (understandably)

how do you play your glad, all out p atk or defensive style?

2. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

you will not use a dual till c grade 40+, 1-40 use a sword+shield or two-handed sword.
    always heavy set ! there will be alot of archers, and gladiators don't tank by evasion.
    gladiator is naturally defensive and offensive (in my opinion most balanced between those 2 stats)
    heavy user and have 43 con so will almost never get stunned (lionheart makes you the juggernaut, for 1 min almost no cc)
    general melees, daggers and archers(easy win damage trade using sonic blaster even more when it stuns like on 2.0 korean) will not be a problem.
    your business is with mages. btw your hp/cp is too damn high you tank as **** just got some decent jewels it will be no problem.
    war cry and the strong dual swords passive(40+) and your triple slash reduces 23% enemys armor and stack with hex! make you one of the strongest melees.
    third strongest close range (before 1° destroyer and 2° tyrant) but too a really strong mid/long range damage dealer (sonic storm + sonic blaster combo)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    ReewOxize and PanPan like this.
  3. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

"and i can imagine the vast majority of duals being handed to bd's"
    will never have weapons priority like tankers too will never have.
    so fear not.

Luminight likes this.
  4. diMiTr1

diMiTr1 User

there is just a little game tip, how to play character like gladiator and also answer to dual weapons!

it's much effective to use blunt weapons till lvl 40, because all your skills and passives support blunt weapons, also don't forget many mobs have weaknesses for blunt weapons! you can keep using d grade blunt after lvl 40 as well, because only c grade duals are worth to use and your passive for blunt still continues!

you can also use most important skills in lineage 2 classic and those are stun attack and hammer crush. you can defend yourself from aggresive players or be a bad guy and stun someone and let him drop something after mob kills him :p

how to get blunt weapon early? just start dwarf and finish his quest for newbie weapon!

silversmith hammer: p.atk 13 m.atk 10
    sword of solidarity : p.atk 12 m.atk 9

pros:
    - you can use stun skills!
    - your own survivability is higher!
    - you can deal more dmg to mobs (weakness for blunt weapon)
    - you are much more valuable in early pve and pvp.
    - gladiator skills support blunt weapons too. (sonic buster, sonic blaster, sonic storm)

cons:
    - you can't use triple slash and double sonic slash

you don't need to even count those cons, because if you are not amateur, then you can somehow finish your c duals near lvl 46+ and first levels of dss are probably near this level. (in l2c you get new skills almost every level, dss were before at level 49!)

so there is a little guide how to start effectively your character in offensive and protective style :) i hope this help you to answer question about duals :) they are definitely worth after you hit level 46+ so you don't need to think about them much :)

5. Master Hao

Master Hao User

i thinking about start my new adventure as a gladiator.
    guys what do u think about exp? which party setup will be the best?
    i think it will be hard to get a party as glad.

TheSin likes this.
  6. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

that item is tradable?

ReewOxize likes this.
  7. Apocalypsa

Apocalypsa User

yes it is. but i dont know the starting lvl of the quest. i think its around 11 and it could take some time to lvl it up bcs of so many players around :)

8. Luminight

Luminight User

all items in classic are tradeable/droppable apart from the squires sword and starter dagger etc. which is a good thing imo to stop low lvl permanent red griefers

9. diMiTr1

diMiTr1 User

yes, you can trade all newbie weapons from quest :) i am not sure what level you need to start quest for dwarven weapon, but it's probably level 10 because dark elves, elves and humans start this quest at lvl 10!

exp character like gladiator is not really hard :) you are strong dd with your own might! (war cry) so you definitely have something to offer to your party + don't forget on detect weaknesses!

-detect insect weakness (you can learn skill around level 32! it's also awesome level for ant nest!)
    -detect animal weakness (you have to finish 2nd class transfer to learn this skill on level 40!)
    -detect plants weakness and others!

getting party is second thing! gladiator works well with all supports which can heal you and buff you. best way for gladiator is find good in game players / friends / clan and of couse be active player and doing your own parties. you have to show players that you are worth to invite to the party because, 60-70% of server population will wish to play dd chars, but it don't means they can play them well:) many people can make mistakes and endanger their party members or do other mistakes. you just have to minimalize all those mistakes to zero, so players can recognize you as a good player and invite you more often :)

sounds easy, but still a lot of work ^^

good party setting for gladiator after level 40 is having in party one of those supports se, pp, wc in combination with bd or sws.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  10. elNoha

elNoha User

so since im leveling a gladi i was wondering how much of us are there? :d
    what's your game plan ? what weapon are u going to use and so on :>
    i'm gonna probably roll with shield+blunt until i get my duals ( probably never , haha )

11. Dianoace

Dianoace User

I will be gladiator too. I will Stick to the plan to make a Dorf for Early blunt and shield and then grinding and farming for duals.

12. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

Until 40's its pve its almost the same as all melee warriors, not to much difference, gladiator starts to become harder to lvl in higher lvls (when other melee warriors get their own skills / weapon passives).

With a boxed buffer you would be ok early, but if you plan to play quite a lot and raech higher lvls, i would recommend to play with some friends or even a cp, since at higher lvls playing gladiator solo becomes quite a challenge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.