1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes !

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Grazzt, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grazzt

Grazzt User

ok, just wanted to share my excitement with you nice people :d

i don't know why i heard about this awesome classic server only yesterday, but since then i've been losing sleep and the only thing i'm waiting for is may 15th so they can finally announce it !!

i've been playing the real old lineage ii since chronicle 3 (i think, or maybe 2, i can't really remember) and that was hands down my favorite mmo along with star wars galaxies !
    of course, and probably like most of you here, i gave up on l2 when goddess of destruction was released, the lore behind it was actually awesome but the gameplay was completely ruined, it seems they did the same mistake sony online did with swg actually, ease down the game to attract a wider audiance but then lose the previous playerbase in the process :cry:

anyway, if we can finally get to experience a real mmo that would be excellent, i'm getting sick and tired of all those wow clones with only a different setting...

(oh, and the community here seems really nice and mature, that's a also a good thing :cool: )

see you soon on aden i hope !

Freud OAP, Leeway, Oscar and 6 others like this.
  2. innadril

innadril User

if i could agree more than a 100% with you, i would.

Grazzt likes this.
  3. MaoMao

MaoMao User

so far, but the "factors" are already coming in.

innadril likes this.
  4. Grazzt

Grazzt User

and i don't know if anyone here remembers it, but back in the l2 days i created a rp clan called "the shillien empire" ... we struggled a bit because not a lot of people playing lineage ii were into rp, most of them were into pvp as it's the main focus of the game of course, but it was really fun nevertheless, so maybe when the classic server launches i'll try to recreate the shillien empire again ... watch out for dark elf domination :p

5. Approbus

Approbus User

what's the lineage without drama? (drama =/= insults) :)

6. Grazzt

Grazzt User

he he that's kinda true actually, drama between mature people can be fun, but insults between kids ... not so much :whistling:

7. innadril

innadril User

i'm not interested on pure rp but i love the lore and knowledge of l2.
    well, insults are like the spice of the drama x)

8. MaoMao

MaoMao User

drama is one thing, taking l2 so serious as to make it a job and money from it is unhealthy for everyone, not only the "factors" but also the whole server.
    if the gms will not ban rmters and people breaking behaviour rules too, the game cannot succeed. maybe the "factors" do buy many accounts for trains, but the majority of people are not like that, even in classic. i believe they have a lot of places to manifest, we need to have ours too, perhaps make a server where botting and other cheating is allowed for them and leave the rest for the vast majority which dislikes that kind of "pro" people.

9. Grazzt

Grazzt User

yes, i always thought that the l2 lore was probably the best fantasy setting ever !!
    i 100% understand that most people won't be interested in rp of course, like i said it's not the main focus of the game, but we still had about 15/20 people in my little rp clan back in the days, so, well, why not try it again maybe ? ;)

innadril likes this.
  10. Apophis

Apophis User

it may help us a little if you tell us how did you find this project (friends, facebook, innova's mail, etc).

innadril, ReewOxize, Zahor and 4 others like this.
  11. Grazzt

Grazzt User

well, actually, i'm on holidays right now and i took my laptop with me, on which i installed lineage ii a while ago cos that was the only mmo it could run properly, so i started playing it a bit again, and i found myself not liking the "new" lineage ii at all (it made me remember why i quit), and missing the "real old" lineage ii.
    so, to be perfectly honest i started searching for ... a different kind of server that would recreate the real experience (if you know what i mean :rolleyes: ), and while googling it the first result was this official europe classic server, and i think i was so happy that i fell off my chair when i saw that :roflmao:

strangely enough, i'm following the lineage ii accounts on facebook & twitter but never heard of this europe classic server, maybe ncwest doesn't want to advertise it for some reason ?

innadril likes this.
  12. Ragnar

Ragnar User

i guess they dont want to lose ppl from (star wars l2) but we should try to inform ppl in that community.

13. Apophis

Apophis User

ofc they don't want. ncwest has the na license and innova has the eu one, so they are fighting over customers (behind closed doors ofc) :)

PanPan likes this.
  14. MaoMao

MaoMao User

yes, but they do not launch classic, at least for now, probably waiting for the translation. and the models are different na is still p2w, only people with money which appreciate a quality product will leave... oh, wait...

15. innadril

innadril User

they have money, but want to use it for p2w lol.

16. Grazzt

Grazzt User

alright, so for some reason it seems i cannot post in the "help us spread the news (advertise)" thread (no idea why :confused:), so i'm just gonna say it here :

so, you really think it's a waste of time trying to advertise on the official ncsoft na forums ?
    it seems i can reactivate my old account, and i had 2.000+ posts at the time, so maybe i won't get banned right away if i talk about this classic server there ?

17. MaoMao

MaoMao User

i am not sure, if you say something like, hey, we want a classic server like innova will do in europe, perhaps, you wont be banned right away, but i highly doubt it.

18. Grazzt

Grazzt User

damn ... so you have seen people getting banned just for that ?? :eek:

19. Norz!

Norz! User

if you know you're not going again, you might as well do innova a solid and go for it :p

Merith likes this.
  20. Oscar

Oscar User

also had that problem in that topic, weird **** ;d

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.