1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insight on non-dd classes?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Ynozzar, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ynozzar

Ynozzar User

hi!

as everyone, i'm already on the hype train.

i'll be starting on l2c with some friends, and i have decided to roll some non-dd class.

and so the question is: do any of you have information on which non-dd classes are more appreciated and/or more rewarding to play?

the point is; i soloed an overlord from 1 to 60 back in c5 times, and while i enjoyed it, i'm not wanting to do that again, in the sense that i was pretty much useless until i got decent buffs and unlocked cp skills, and because of that my first months were really lonely and sad t_t

the thing is actually i don't care if i'm slower or faster at leveling, but i surely want to feel like i'm always doing something, i don't want to get stuck.

and of course i know all classes, what they do, etc. but i didn't play c1, nor i know how they will be in classic, because they will be different from what i know for sure.

thanks for your replies beforehand!

2. Banana Monsta

Banana Monsta User

se is best option i my opinion, it have both mage/fighter buffs, can heal/recharge its kinda universal.
    orc shaman is also necessary class since its aoe dot works really nice on trains. wc's freezing strike is also great in pvp.
    you can also try to run bd/sws if you prefer more figter class.

there will be probably dozen of soloers but i would recomend you to find active mage/archer cp since you are support willing guy.

3. Ynozzar

Ynozzar User

thanks for the response. i'll start playing with some friends so i guess i'll have no problems party-wise.

and for the time my friends aren't online, that was a bit the point too. maybe there's some classes that will get parties more easily. as far as i'm seeing, classic will be nukers everywhere. also, i remember back in the day prophets selling buffs for adena, which i could ultimately do when not leveling. so i'm kind of not really sure of which way to go.

and yeah, maybe a wc is worth, as it's party buff it's really different from ol. but my head is full of questions and doubts :s

edit: my friend just told me he's going ee, so i guess se would be the way for me.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  4. fagercraft

fagercraft User

pp - some we don't have cov and vr is kinda bad pp is king again. to 40 you are also healer. has root and invincibility as extras and ofc ask pvp buffs except resist stun. very little offensive dmg.

wc - basic buffs, lacking buffs can mostely be covered by ee & bish. covers lack of buffs with strong sleep, stun and best dot in game. no noblesse buff so hard to rebuff every resurrected player since he only has party buffs.

se - all around support, welcome in all parties. stigma! good heal since greater heal works old-school without hot. root! very little offensive damage. most wanted healer pve (cleric is close though, but emp+recharge opens more parties then zerk)

ee - bad basic buffs. bad heals but fast cast, no purify. only lvl 1 clarity (other lvl are to high). makes up for it with stun resist and party return. basically good for pvp at high level. least wanted healer for pve so hard to lvl in randoms.

ol - to 40 same as wc good cc and dots. good with se for nuke groups especially aoe dots. pvp cp healer etc you all know ol is king in mass pvp

bish - it's heal might be overkill for pve but i don't think anyone will have trouble finding parties with the healer of the game... lots of undead to assist with dmg on.

sws/bd - 40+ np, but to get there u have to lvl a long way as a tank...

that's my view on support :)

5. Luminight

Luminight User

i think the best support would be a bd or sws especially if a friend is willing to play wc

6. Ynozzar

Ynozzar User

hmmm reading you guys i figured i do really need to check all the skills to see what each character has, as they have some new skills, or yet can't have some of the "since always" skills.

i'm pretty sure i'll roll either se or pp. even if wc is different from ol, it reminds me a lot to it. in the other hand, i like being that guy who plays that unpopular class, and from the ru data i can tell se are really mainstream. that's pretty much why i played ol back then actually.

in any case, thanks for the responses, i'm going to check the skill lists from the russian wikis, hope i don't lose myself on the way :p

edit: may it be that in the ru servers se doesn't yet have stigma? found this for ru:
    http://forums.goha.ru/showthread_0_0_t1009516
    and this for kr, where se has stigma:
    http://lineage2classic.power.plaync.com/wiki/실리엔+엘더+스킬

same with prophet's mystic's inmunity :s

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.