1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which server will you choose?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Luminight, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminight

Luminight User

i may be jumping the gun here slightly but with all the interest we have so far i think atleast 2-3 servers will be necessary.

will you go for the number 1 server where all the pvp clans will go? or some of the "overspill" servers?

both have their advantages and i suppose it depends what sort of player you are. i will go for the heaviest populated one for the best chance of finding a good clan and people yo party with!

2. Apophis

Apophis User

usually i go to the first one, but will w8 to see what clans are coming.

3. attack

attack User

usually it is clear which is the main server, i will go there, regardless if it is full.

4. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

i don't think we'll have more than a single server lol

5. Tirith

Tirith User

yeah, same. i'd be surprised if they launch l2c with more than 2 servers.

6. real Kvo

real Kvo User

yeah, i'd rather have a single server. might only be problematic on the very beginning.

7. Apophis

Apophis User

if we will get preorders, that will be the time when innova will know how many servers they need, but i think we will start with 2 servers.

8. attack

attack User

more chances for a single server to survive many many years towards the future. i prefer just one.

9. Swayarn

Swayarn User

main server, it will survive longer

10. Norz!

Norz! User

i have no shame admitting that i have no particular interest for lvl 20 pvp. i see a less crowded server as an opportunity to level up a bit faster, and if the server gets too lightly populated down the road, well, i'll get merged with people that had to struggle a bit more for xp. i think it's a decent move for the long run.

the only way it could backfire - and therefore gets me thinking - is if innova takes waaaay too long before a merge. that'd **** even more than a way too crowded server.

either way, i'm not going alone, so i'll have to go with what the majority wants!

11. Louk97

Louk97 User

i will join teon. no matter what...

12. MaoMao

MaoMao User

i choose kain back in the day because it seemed the less populated one.
    i do not like to stay in line for hours to get in no matter what people say.
    this time, though, it will probably not matter as both servers will be so overcrowded that wont be possible to login the first few days anyway so i might go with the first.

13. FryderykChopin

FryderykChopin User

i'll probably go on the less populated server (if they open any additional servers beyond the main one).

i mean what's the point of jostling on 120% full server? if the population on the second server drops and they decide to close it, we'll get a transfer to your server. and while we'll be all 70's, you'll be struggling around level 30 because you couldn't find a farming spot, xaxa

14. MaoMao

MaoMao User

not gonna happen, the merge will come way before anyone will reach 70. there will be no lighter populated server (alright, maybe will be bu the difference will be insignificant) at least at the start. i will also be curious about rmt prices on both servers, look at the russian ones :p

15. FryderykChopin

FryderykChopin User

i was exaggerating a bit, haha :p but my point was that it will definitely be easier to farm up on the secondary server, the online numbers should be significantly different in off-peak hours (night/early morning in europe)

16. MaoMao

MaoMao User

yes, but i think that will happen because the "factors" will play live on the first server and on the second only setup trains. so, ks will be much easier and without consequences on the second server.
    what i really fear is that the mergers will happen after the clan halls have been taken. losing them will be a serious blow to a smaller clan, they are also way fewer than in god, so it will be very hard to get them in the first place.
    if that is the case, admins will have to find a way of dealing with the issue, how will it be handled in the russian servers, anyone knows? i havent looked at this problem at all when there.

17. Luminight

Luminight User

it's a double edged sword. smaller server population means less party opportunities too ;)

18. Grazzt

Grazzt User

i believe that they had to merge the ru servers a few months after launch, so starting with only 1 server would probably be best, even if it's a bit crowded at the beginning it should even out eventually and we wouldn't have to deal with the pain of transfer & merge...

Luminight likes this.
  19. Apophis

Apophis User

you can't keep paying customers outside so they will have to open a second server. i'm assuming we will have 9k+ players in the beginning.

20. Kruma

Kruma User

i hope they open one server and deal with a really crowded environment and let it even itself out, it seems a lot more smooth than opening a few servers and having to deal with merges down the line.

FRERVEHIP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.