1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you like to be ranked by level and class on the website?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by attack, Apr 30, 2015.

?

Would you like to have top players list by level?

1. Yes

38.0%
  2. No

62.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. attack

attack User

this is the most exciting statistics i'd like to have access to. what is your opinion?

Luminight and MrHahn like this.
  2. Von

Von User

one thing i used to love back in oldschool l2 was the legends about high lvl enemies! "guys let's gang that zasada and heki! 10 minutes ago, +2 gj! one week later, guys let's gang that zasada and heki! 10 minutes later, wait i deathspike heki for 300 dmg! zasada hit you for 4000 dmg! it was a bad way after 40 to discover that your russian enemies were lvling so fast, but for me there is beauty in that! l2 never had lists like that, only for heroes and castles! i prefer to have some urban legends around than list with pvps and lvls! but that is just my humble opinion! :)

AbbaZabba and kasp69 like this.
  3. Machinae

Machinae User

nah l2 should all be a mystery, can't see level/hp/tats ig, if people want to know their enemies levels make them spend the energy to sneak a spy into their clan as many did before, if it's for bragging rights about being highest level/level in class, doesn't really matter to me how many more hours someone has spent ig than me, gear grade is a good indication to their level, if not, force attack anyway and find out the hard way.

AbbaZabba and ruben12 like this.
  4. evd1337

evd1337 User

no. i would like it better if my level is not publicly available. this is information, that could give my enemy information on whether i have particular skill learned. this is important when i make the decision whether to flag back or flag in first place.

Leeway and innadril like this.
  5. Fuzee

Fuzee User

^ this right here. agreed 100%.

this is not a private server to see how many pvp/pk you have or what lvl is the top lvl or who has the queen ant ring etc... the whole excitement was that you would send in a spy in enemy's clan and find out their strategies before sieges or raids etc...

we used to put on d grade gear & run around raid zones so no one would think we were high level, once the raid came on like queen ant we would put on our b-a grades & get in fight. if enemy knows that you are 50+ level via website there is no point of putting d grade on.

Luminight likes this.
  6. attack

attack User

players seem to be confused here, let me clarify, this is not to show pvp/pk and not to see everyone's levels, just lets say top 100 for all classes and 10 for each class.

7. Fuzee

Fuzee User

top 100 of what? top 100 in pvp, level, adena, net worth?

8. mrbro

mrbro User

as somebody said gear is good enough indicator. it's better the way it is. besides it's completely not needed as a feature and it would be simply only for attention *******.

Leeway likes this.
  9. Norz!

Norz! User

don't like it. not being sure what you're dealing with is part of the pvp game. keep it "classic" imo.

10. Louk97

Louk97 User

i am planning to stream for classic,so i have nothing to hide.

11. attack

attack User

same

12. AbbaZabba

AbbaZabba User

this right here.

half the fun of l2 was the mystery, never knew what you were getting into when you went to pvp. having clans spying on each other, people betraying one and another, bragging, bluffing, etc. made l2 awesome because of all the stories you herd, the players shaped the plot and history of their server. when everyone knows everything, it takes away half the fun ;).

Glanarielle and AccodoToonype like this.
  13. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

i think it's not a good idea....:thumbsdown:

14. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

it'd be a nice feature to have but the community is way too "im all bout seriousness" to support a real-time ranking system, make be a week behind the actual server or something and it'd be fine or do it just for things that are less important as in online time, clan and members(not mentioning level), classes and i don't know... amount of items sold from a private store? stuff like that.

15. aissixtir

aissixtir User

nah.

while such a list would make the game ever more competitive for the serious gamers i think it make weak (mentally) people to give up because it is too hard to keep up.

16. attack

attack User

mentally weak people will leave the server after the first month, why would we worry about them so much?

17. aissixtir

aissixtir User

there are some people who will stay no matter the time. they will leave because they believe they cannot compete.
    for example, a clan that is not so active where used to be "famous" in x20 server would just quit so they wont do bad their "fame".

i might be paranoid but i dont see what is so great about knowing the level of your enemy. the good part about this list is that if there is a bot, we will be able to check on him right away.

18. attack

attack User

i see no reason creating bubble for clans from pvp servers

19. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

>implying everyone plays this game to "keep up" lol

20. aissixtir

aissixtir User

i am not implying anything. in fact i believe the majority of players will play just for fun, but why kck out players just because of a list?

the possible negatives dont balance with the possible positives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.