1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DD or Support? Decision time!

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Luminight, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminight

Luminight User

so as many of you who know me will know i've always played gladiator. i had a pretty rough time with the class on ru classic and i think that's partially down to the ru play style of uber efficient parties only.

i have for a time on ncwest played my brothers sws which i did think was a lot of fun. the problem comes is i'm fairly sure i will have to play a support char in order to get levels and gear faster. the problem is if i make a 2nd box pp will i realistically be able to solo when people are offline?

any long term bds or swss able to comment and maybe help me make my decision?

2. Lionna

Lionna User

ofc you can solo with bd+prophet :p
    you have powerfull bleeds, good armor because of your heavy armor :p
    anyway.. you dont have to solo ;) as a bladedancer you get mostly parties...
    ofc best is if you are 49+ for mage parties to aoe, but iam sure that you get in every fighter pt with level 40 cause of dance of fire :p

3. Luminight

Luminight User

ok thanks what about sws? i'm not sure which songs they have in classic to help mages

4. Lionna

Lionna User

well... i played sws but not so long time...
    about buffs for mages: sws is more for defense and run.spd
    run spd.: song of wind
    def: song of earth song of warding // song of vitality for more hp.
    i like bd more :p

5. Vanhir

Vanhir User

hey dont forget about hunter! a shame it's learnead at lvl 49 but still, those crits <3.

and remember, bd needs duals without exemption, so you'll need careful planning to farm them :p

6. Ysefir

Ysefir User

i'm also still hesitating between playing an archer (would go for de and nuclear crits) or a support and more specifically sws. on the one hand i am afraid there would be too many archers in the game, but on the other i fear being a buffbot as a sws as i never really pvped with it and don't know what it's like in this situation. (i am also thinking of playing a sws with a bow but well that's something else ^^). what do you think ?

7. Luminight

Luminight User

having pvped with my brother his job was to arrest everyone draw their attention and go ud mode with bow. not sure if sword symphony or psycho symphony are in classic!

8. Sailence

Sailence User

does hate work in pvp?

9. Tirith

Tirith User

wont be able to solo with a bd without vr and soulshots and even if you had alot of ss and vr, its slow and depressing.

i soloed one to 46 or so, then trio to 55 it want really fast. when i got dance of warrior at 55 partying got a lot easier. everyone would group me. at 58, it got really easy. melee groups were primary choice.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  10. Luminight

Luminight User

does anyone know what the new skills bd and sws get in age of war? i do love glad but maybe after a change of pace for classic

11. DUREMAR

DUREMAR User

try to wc or ol.

12. higoo

higoo User

i think they have changed the lvl you getting hunter song to 40.i'm not 100% sure cause it's a translation from the korean web-site but our mates who playing on russian server can confirm that.

13. Luminight

Luminight User

i typically dual box though the though of ol main and only one account does sound appealing! what would you dual box with an ol out of interest?

14. tiocs

tiocs User

i played wc as main from c1, many times i though id have been better off on ol, so this time i'll try it and see. all depends on the ability to clan up i suppose to make the most from the buffs.

Camox, Zamachi, Kakarott and 2 others like this.
  15. Luminight

Luminight User

im hearing an ee would be a good support for ol :)

16. Luminight

Luminight User

i'm thinking sr and pp. although sr is slightly less dps than he i think it's an all round better archer for survival strategy

17. Swayarn

Swayarn User

here's a good video, there's also one for daggers, and casters!

18. Ironic

Ironic User

need a cp?
    21:00 - 02:00 gmt +01...

we don't need gladiator, although we need sws/pp one of them as your main.
    https://4gameforum.com/threads/en-10h-d-recruiting-decent-pros-into-cp.26251/

19. Merll

Merll User

hi,

i am hesitating between se and pp.. :/ i would highly appreciate any advices.

20. Tirith

Tirith User

well, those two classes are very different. you should first try to figure out what role do you like more. pp is mainly a buffer while se is a healer tpye of a class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.