1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

warrior/warlord

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by sharx, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharx

sharx User

im seriously considering to go for warlord, but im hesitant about it aswell.
    would you advise if during lvl 20-40 id take a sword and wait with the pole until 40 ?
    or should i invest all sp directly into poles and start with a pole from lvl 20 ?

2. Fuzee

Fuzee User

if you are going warlord you should invest in poles all the way, otherwise you will lvl as slow as the rest of fighters. note that you will need pp, wc or se boxed or be in a party. if you are in a party that does not need pole then you can have sword only. but if its just you & box i would advise you to have pole.

3. sharx

sharx User

its just that a pole only has 1 skill until 40 to use :p the grind is real haha

4. Luminight

Luminight User

get a d pole and party with a wc. he can aoe frost flame and poison the train and you over hit with wild sweep ;)

Hashi likes this.
  5. Banana Monsta

Banana Monsta User

the only way to solo with wl is to box se, unless you want to wait 10 mins each 2 trains for mana.

6. sharx

sharx User

yeah ive been thinking about that, maybe se is more fitting for wl than a pp. not sure though

7. FryderykChopin

FryderykChopin User

i think wl will be fantastic when you'll find a good party :thumbsup: i'd probably not suggest going solo wl with boxes, this server will be no place for lone wolves in first half year, haha :d

8. sharx

sharx User

what would you consider a good party with a wl in ? personally i feel like mages would assist wl the best ?

AccodoToonype likes this.
  9. Luminight

Luminight User

a wl, ol and spoiler? insane profit and insane exp

10. sharx

sharx User

since we are creating a cp party we came atm to this party

warlord
    spoiler
    spellsinger
    se/pp (we are still not sure wich one would benefit us the most)

i honestly think we need a tank to train with. or would the wl be viable to pull and kill at the same time ?
    since we still have 2 buddies to choose a class, feel free to advise what can fit or do better in this setup cp

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  11. aissixtir

aissixtir User

i dont think a tank is necessary for trains.

dont forget, tank might be able to pull mobs and gather them to the spot, however, he too will die if they hit him too long, unless he use ud. but for train farming you cannot always wait for the ud cool down. so it all comes down to whether the dds (warlord)can take the hits till mobs die. and becase o the stun skill, that should not be a proble.

PanPan likes this.
  12. TheWarSmith

TheWarSmith User

i think that the warlord is being underestimated greatly right now. for aoe parties, they are the number 1 puller. provoke is king. 1 provoke and you pull the room. they have battle roar which increases max hp and acts as a self heal for emergencies, along with revival. bunched mobs can be aoe stunned with a high land rate. they also have heavy armor mastery and a pretty healthy hp pool. archer parties? no problem. equip a bow and use the war cry self buff which gives a pretty generous boost to p.atk. coupled with the detect weakness skills (are they the new 10% or still 30% for the lower levels?) and thrill fight for atk speed. dont forget to add on the dwarfs restring buff. not too bad for for single target mobs. focus attack for 30% more crit damage along with thrill fight for atk speed and war cry for a patk boost. i would say that they are pretty well rounded. you can also use the vicious stance toggle at times if you can manage the mp.

13. sharx

sharx User

i just like playing warlords since the beginning era of l2 hehe
    i guess mages can further fill up the party or other buffers

SoloSweelsgof likes this.
  14. Advocad

Advocad User

agreed, the warlord is very good in pve, and looks cool in heavy with a pole, but people don't play it because it sucks in pvp. you can't do much than crowd control and not even that is efficient, as people won't cluster together so you can ston 6 at a time, and your stuns cost a lot of mana and the cooldown is not that great either. a spoiler or an wc/ol can be a better crowd controller than a wl just because it gives you options: heals for allies, stuns-sleeps-seals for enemies.

15. TheWarSmith

TheWarSmith User

there was a old pvp video of a toon named juliette from bartz(i think) that was a stacked lvl 80 dn. f you can find this video on you tube or something it will show you just what a stacked dn can do in sieges/pvp. the old video was called pole smash or something. maybe someone else knows of it. essentially you wont be doing alot of killing but you will be very annoying. refer to advocads post.

16. sharx

sharx User

i dont really see warlord as "the" worst possible class, but i've always been more of that pve guy. maybe having l2 as my first mmo might be the reason to this :p
    nonetheless i still think 1v1 wl has a possible chance to win it against certain classes.

17. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

definitely warlord isn't the worst class, he is one of the best classes. especially on 1.0.3 patch korean when he got the *new* skill called "lightning spear" high damage power (600 range)(aoe around your single target)(10 seg delay)(almost 100% land rate)(causes 5seg stun)

18. sharx

sharx User

incase some wonder here is some 40+ wl grinding group and solo on l2c

19. Advocad

Advocad User

yes, that's what he is meant to do. accompanied by a spoiler with pole will be even cooler. the wl really shines in pve, and can be used in pvp as crowd controller, mostly stun-er

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.