1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My plea for a "2.0" EU start

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Norz!, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norz!

Norz! User

simply because "1.0" isn't really "1.0", but more like beta.

first off, let me be very clear: i'm here for some classic l2, i'm here for the original experience. i played l2 back in the day starting with beta. and this is the experience i want to live again. i feel like l2 was awesome up to interlude (included) and all the way down to the gutter from that point.

that being said, i don't really miss prelude. to me, prelude was pretty much beta. every chronicle should have an "end game" area, and dragon valley doesn't feel as such. antharas lair does, though.

prelude is really missing super oldschool - and reasonably low level - areas that are keys to the original experience. i mentionned antharas lair, i could mention aden area and more.

the way i see it, prelude is "beta areas", although we want "1.0 areas". assuming it's gonna take the most hardcore ones a month to get to 40'ish, and 3 months for more casual people, can you really picture yourself spending 3 to 5 months in dragon valley ? this isn't where the epic xp trains/pvp must happen, it's in antharas lair imho.

so yeah, this is my plea for eu server(s) opening with 2.0 patch. because **** yes to the original experience, **** yes to the original areas, but prelude map just isn't enough. not for 6 months anyway. give us true l2 1.0, which is a bit more than prelude. and from that point on, take it slow to make us enjoy sick additions such as toi and so much more.

thoughts ?

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
  2. Tirith

Tirith User

seriously, whats with the -_- 2.0? it isn't even out in kr and won't be for a while.

3. Norz!

Norz! User

maybe if you call 2.0, 1.1 or wanna play with words somehow, because even russia - that is afaik behind korea - is updating next month.

HellBlade Se7eN and Ternis like this.
  4. Luminight

Luminight User

i think you mean age of war not age of splendor right?

5. Norz!

Norz! User

i've read many different definitions/words for the different planned updates. but bottom line is, starting with what's planned for 6 months after "prelude" launch. i thought it was pretty clear jeez ;)

6. Oscar

Oscar User

from what cm said, we will prolly start with 2.0 (if we talk about update next to 1.0) since it comes to rus servers in may and our server will take for sure more than month to prepare (pre-order period will be month at least too).

7. Approbus

Approbus User

start with 1.0, update in 2 months to 1.03 (age of war) and update in 6 months to 2.0 (age of splendor-prelude).

diMiTr1 likes this.
  8. zzZzz

zzZzz User

we are going to start witbh the same version that russia have in the momment we had a confirmed release. call it 1.03, 2.0 or whatever...

9. Norz!

Norz! User

last i read about it somewhere wound the forums it was still undecided. i guess it'd make sens for servers management reasons though.

and yeah, let's agree on 1.03, 1.1, 2.0 or whatnot lol

HellBlade Se7eN likes this.
  10. FryderykChopin

FryderykChopin User

i'd rather start from the absolute beginning, but i agree we could get these updates a bit faster now that they're done already!

Machinae and ReewOxize like this.
  11. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

i think they will give us the actual ru version that is with all the necessary balances and already all the fixed things till the update. truly 1.0 is like the guy said almost a beta and have some tons of bugs and things to fix.

ReewOxize likes this.
  12. MaoMao

MaoMao User

what makes you think the update will be better? everything has bugs, the update probably even more since they were not exposed for long and some might be unknown yet.
    i would like to start from the start. i missed prelude in na also.

diMiTr1 likes this.
  13. Approbus

Approbus User

also, keep in mind that there are no "tons of bugs", that's just random speech. you can see full changelog on ru innova and it contains about 10 bugfixes and they are all minor.

14. Ombre de Lune

Ombre de Lune User

antharas lair? lol

did you ever played l2 before c3? the grind is so long that you will probably have microsoft release a new windows version before antharas die, the time necessary to grind to the kind of level needed for antharas is just insane. and you need lots of people to have the slightest chance. 6 months? i really doubt you will be close to get antharas after six months. most people will still be stuck at giran, more propably dion, cruma tower and execution grounds.

having the 2.0 version to have antharas? you really spent way too much time in fast foods mmorpgs.

15. Norz!

Norz! User

well, as my signature shows, i've played from beta all the way to c3.

i think you're having a serious reading comprehension issue. i never talked about killing antharas. ever. i talked about the huge area that goes from the entrance of the cave, all the way down to antharas itself and how this area - unlike dv - had an "endgame farm/pvp feel".

right now, after 5 months on .ru, some players are 60+ and what-comes-after-dv ready, so besides dv not having the right "endgame feel", it's also legitimate to think that some might need more than dv after 5 months. (i won't be one of them but you get the idea). they are obviously nowhere close antharas fight ready.

hope i was clearer this time :p

16. Ombre de Lune

Ombre de Lune User

you need a specific area for pvp? we must not have played the same game, pvp was just everywhere.and it was indeed rare in the highest level areas, just because there was not enough people having access to those areas. most pvp occured south of gludin, in desert, around cruma, execution ground, and dv... later it would move toward oren, forrest of mirrors sometime, then aden and especially the cemetary. well, by that time, there would be pvp almost everywhere, you were nowhere safe.

17. Spyros

Spyros User

i would prefer to have an official poll together with preordering... simply because i want to play the game from the start! and i guess many others. dv feels nice for pvp (even if its 5-6 months lvling and pvping in first place). it is one place (highest lvl mobs) meaning all day long pvp to exp and also you know where to find your enemies. the more end game areas you have the less pvp you will find by the meaning that you have to look around all the time.

but if innova wants to have the same update in ru and eu servers i would agree the first patch to come after 3 months and the second in another 3 (since it seems that there is a new patch every six months). that way in 6 months eu servers will have the same update as ru servers and everybody will be happy... i guess.

18. Norz!

Norz! User

yeah, first update after 3 months would be more than reasonable since it's gonna take at least 1-2 months to have business in dv anyway. but i don't see it happening.

either we start from scratch or we start with 1.03/1.1/2.0/whatever the name, but i don't see us getting an update after 3 months only. should be 6 months, regardless of where we start.

oh well, we'll see. hopefully things will get in motion soon now that innova is getting people registering most likely a lot faster than expected.

19. Zenaj

Zenaj User

start with 1.03 imo.
    and please stop doing that 2.0, it just adds to confusion.

20. Spyros

Spyros User

official poll together with preorder ftw! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.