1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats your strategy to gear up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuzee, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzee

Fuzee User

my main concern is that i will need to invest adena into potions to stay longer in hunting zones. how you guys are planning to gear up as you gain lvls?

will you be putting priority on weapons first over armor or vice versa? (why?)
    will you be investing in potions? (why?)
    will you be crafting ng armor/weapons? are these profitable? (meaning grind mats for it & then finding crafter).

just want to have an idea on what to put priority on armor vs weapon vs jewels.

i will be playing spoiler + se (or party when available).

2. Luminight

Luminight User

weapons are always highest priority on ru classic many of us were rocking piece bone and wooden into the mid 30s

3. Norz!

Norz! User

depends. if i go spoiler or sws ill go for armor first, tank for my group and leave the dps to the others. if i go nuker i'll put it all in a weapon..

it's all about are you going to tank mobs or not

4. Machinae

Machinae User

jewls > weapon > armour, jewls priority so mobs/aggressive nukers don't 1.5 hit me, weapon to increase kill rate, if it dies quicker it hurts you less, then armour to increase durability.

i will buy a pot or two literally for that oh **** moment when that last mob is absolutely going to floor me before i kill it.

won't bother crafting tbh, just get by and horde mats for b+, plan is all entirely subject to change depending on how the game actually is having not played ruoff.

5. Fuzee

Fuzee User

i am going for spoiler so most of the time i will be the one attacking mobs so i guess i would go for armor first. heavy armor is best for spoiler right?

6. Norz!

Norz! User

yep, or so it was back in the day at least

7. zzZzz

zzZzz User

wait for you to fight with a mob. stun you. stun you again. stun you again. you die. i pick your d weapon. repeat. profit.

Leeway and ReewOxize like this.
  8. MaoMao

MaoMao User

i decided i will go for crafter as main. this means i will be able to craft ng inclusive.
    since c1 i was always thinking, what a waste to sell in shop all those recipes and parts, now i will actually do the math to see if it is not better to craft instead. people stay 1 week+ in ng so, top ng will definitely find customers.

of course, it will also mean i do not really have a problem gearing myself.

9. Luminight

Luminight User

i would like to add that if anyone has any questions about ru classic i played warrior to 35 and sps to 39 on there before the language barrier became too much of a nightmare for me to handle. any game play or class questions feel free to fire me a pm

10. deadmaker

deadmaker User

i don't know, i wouldn't craft no grade, save mats for d and c.

as for the gear up thing... you are a spoiler in c1... possibilities are endless.

if you go solo you can either farm pricey materials and play the market to get good adena so you can buy your stuff or you can collect them and then craft whatever you need.

if you play in a guild just follow orders and enjoy being treated like a god. you won't be a priority for gearing up but you will be needed for everybody else to gear up so your guildmates will adore you.

anyways sooner or later you will get your gear, if you go solo it's going to be fast. if you join a guild it will "take more time" (highly doubtful statement) but you'll have an entire guild at your feet.

11. Neuron

Neuron User

i will play as overlord. so my plan is like that:
    at lvl 10 get quest weapon and buy devotion robe set (+15% cast speed) (54k adena in shop) as fast as possible.
    lvl 20-40 as shaman ill be mostly in random melee parties, so i dont need gear that much. although i prefer to get an elven mithril robe set (int-1, wit+1, speed+7) for more mana.
    from lvl 40 craft/buy karmian robe set (+15% cast speed), then c grade jewels from luxury shop and only after that craft/buy a d/c weapon for pvp.

i wouldnt bother crafting ng, keep mats for d/c grade.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  12. Oscar

Oscar User

i will wait for you to flag, so i will windstrike you to death from box and heal myself, too bad you can't stunlock two xd

13. Neuron

Neuron User

tonni, Leeway and Ironic like this.
  14. attack

attack User

i will use spiritshots instead of gearing up...

15. Ombre de Lune

Ombre de Lune User

i will have a dwarf craft spiritshots, i think i already have a customer...

16. FryderykChopin

FryderykChopin User

1. find a party
    2. don't use ss/sps
    3. get kicked when they find out
    4. repeat.
    5. profit. get a d-grade weapon at level <50.

TRoGDoRB likes this.
  17. MaoMao

MaoMao User

1. either everyone does not use shots, which is highly probable;
    2. or, they will find out immediately, you wont last two mobs in my party if ss are required.

18. Fragola

Fragola User

you cannot afford to use ss sps while exping.

i started as elven mystic and was playing with quest weapon and robe i got from low lvl mobs until lvl 21, when i got enough adena to buy devotion set and my friend got me low d weapon as a birthday present. and i was broke again.
    so if i start again, i will start with a dwarf first, get enough adena and then start a main char.

gearing up really depends on your type. mages upgrade weapon first, warriors upgrade armor first. both classes upgrade jewellery as they play. support plays with ng and gets upgraded last =)

kasp69 and Ironic like this.
  19. Zenaj

Zenaj User

my strategy?
    i'm gonna run around naked and shouting: "aden pliz!"
    i'm sure people will be really happy to help me out, right guys?

20. FryderykChopin

FryderykChopin User

definitely. i always wait in giran for people shouting 'adena pliz for teleport' or 'plz borrow me your weapon i want to see how it looks on me'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.