1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many servers do you want?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by attack, May 2, 2015.

?

How many?

Poll closed Jul 2, 2015.
  1. 1

51 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. 2

38 vote(s)
    34.5%
  3. 3+

21 vote(s)
    19.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. attack

attack User

i would like just 1, even if it would mean queue to log in.

Kruma likes this.
  2. Norz!

Norz! User

can't give a number. whatever is necessary so i don't have more than ~5-10min queue. merge servers down the road when/if needed. just prevent clan halls purchase for the first month, before a merge, if you feel like it'd cause drama to reset their ownership.

servers just a little bit less full would also mean 30 players per keltir, instead of 100. servers moderately full provides pvp. and it'll be a lot more than moderately full at start anyway. i see just no point making the first weeks dumb to the point not a single mob is gonna go down without 623 players having ks'd it.

if the staff can provide with 10x the usual spawn rate in the lvl 1-20 zones, then sure, start less servers, but whether you like it or not, it's terrible business to have 1h+ queues, the staff knows, and they'll make sure it doesn't happen.

i do agree it's a very thin balance to find tho..

3. robE`

robE` User

start with 2 if needed, stay with 1 in the long term, i doubt eu can highly populate 2 servers long term.

4. Hartassen

Hartassen User

i think 3 servers are going to be needed. otherwise it's going to be near-impossible to login and near-impossible to level and people will rage and quit. it's better to merge down the road even if that means losing clan halls and etc etc. i don't really care.

just make it so all clan halls lose ownership and then everyone can re-bid. it's fair for everyone.

Narun likes this.
  5. real Kvo

real Kvo User

i think one will stay populated for a longer period of time. i'd go for more, only if there was a merge quite early on.

6. Hartassen

Hartassen User

i'm not arguing the fact that we will eventually end up with just 1 server but i'm saying to start with 1 would be complete suicide.

kasp69 likes this.
  7. FryderykChopin

FryderykChopin User

^this

i think 2 servers will be exactly enough. obviously 120% full on the beginning, but about perfectly populated after first wave of 'one night only' players leaves.

ReewOxize, Zamachi and SeRvicebok like this.
  8. HellBlade Se7eN

HellBlade Se7eN User

make just 1 server, and it gonna blow.... make 2, and it will still heavy as ****.... make it 3 the things would be ok then.

zzZzz likes this.
  9. Leeway

Leeway User

3 ---->merge. ezpz

10. Edwin11

Edwin11 User

not more and not less

11. robE`

robE` User

some of you play with numbers like you know 100% how many people will play, the number of servers will be decided by the number of pre-orders, i doubt that eu will have enough people playing l2 for more than 2 servers.

12. blowmeaway

blowmeaway User

srly? a poll for this? is not up for us to decide this, lol

13. Norz!

Norz! User

speaking of toying with numbers, i think it'd be interesting to speculate about what % of votes will turn into an actual pre-order. giving people probably had everyone and their grannies vote.

has to be anywhere from 20% to 40%.

and amongst those that'll preorder, what % will still play after say 3 months ? hard to say, you could imagine most just went back out of nostalgia and can't take the grind anymore, or just had no idea how sick the grind was. or that those that'll be back are all oldtimers that know what they're doing... don't think its ludicrous to think that 50% will be gone within 3 months.

most optimistic maths would probably say 2 healthy, full servers after a few months. more realistic probably says just enough to keep one good server going.

14. MaoMao

MaoMao User

given the size of the world, 2 will be needed to keep the core population, i believe.
    there will be at least the same number in the very long run even if ncwest opens their own. so, probably 2 servers will be the bare minimum for years.
    i think starting with 4 is not ludicrous 10k accounts preordered will mean 20 in the first days and 30 in a week. seeing is believing and i know for a fact tons of people which do not plan to join because they think the server(!) will be empty with everyone afking some place ncwest style. when they will see (and i will make sure of it) the mad opening no matter how many servers they open, things will look completely different and maybe there wont be trains or reported botters not banned and we will have a good combination for years.
    reading my crystal ball i think we will have 40 k accounts in the first 2-3 weeks and while some spreading will be in place by then, there wont be many people in cruma, so still the same areas with 10 people on a mob.
    of course, in 6 months we will have half that presuming nobody will leave bots to replace the players lost naturally, 20 k accounts at 10 eur is still a good amount every month able to sustain 2 servers.
    and those will be only with old school people which know what they are doing and what are they in for, but i do believe there will be many others in time, new players which do not like to finish any mmorpg in less time than the subscription included with it runs out.

15. innadril

innadril User

i think it depends on the pre-order. with that plus innova's experience with previous launches they will know what to do best (i supose).

johnfistikis likes this.
  16. attack

attack User

guys, be realistic, 20k interested does not mean 20k unique players.

innadril, Ternis and Kakarott like this.
  17. Norz!

Norz! User

my money is on a third of votes will turn into preorders.

18. Von

Von User

but i am sure you know ppl who are interested or might be interested but never bothered to sign up! also think that many many russians will come from ru to dominate eu server as always! i also know for sure russian clans and cps who didn't play on ruclassic and waiting for eu!

19. MaoMao

MaoMao User

you are probably right, but half of those will have 2 accounts or more, then they will bring friends and the rmt-ers their trains. until rmt-ers will be banned or legits will leave because of them (depends on innova's strategy but the end result is the same regarding subscriptions in the short term), there will be extreme overcrowding if less than 3 servers will be open.

20. zzZzz

zzZzz User

im sure the preorder will be around 1.5k the total registrations... some people will level their main and box at the same time. for example a gladi that will have a pp... he can level both at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.