1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melee parties > PP vs. SE

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Alexsaysz, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

considering the buffs/heals that both have (and se recharge), and the comeback of stigma with 2.0 (the comeback of mystic immunity in 2.0 doesnt affect pve too much imo), what would be more pve efficient for:

-small melee parties

-full melee parties

i haven't had the chance to play on ru/kr classics so i dont know what class would be more efficient on this old-like chonicle.

2. lHuggyBear

lHuggyBear User

in my opinion pp is better for melee/archer pt than se

3. Luminight

Luminight User

imo pp is better

PanPan likes this.
  4. sharx

sharx User

im having doubts aswell, it will depend if your melee are mana hungry i guess.

5. Advocad

Advocad User

uhm.. usually with the pp you will run out of mana before you buff the entire party.

for melee, consider wc. this way you will be a factor in pvp too

6. sharx

sharx User

were going pp vs se. this has nothing todo with an wc ... lol please stick to the topic or create another one

7. Swayarn

Swayarn User

pp = buffs
    se = healer/manabattery/empower

8. Machinae

Machinae User

i would go se personally, if you go se you'll probably be partied with a pp/wc as the primary buffer and you'll buff your unique along with taking charge of healing and recharge, perhaps rooting depending on the pt. you then have the option if there is no melee pt to be snapped up into a mage party. all you'll really do as a pp is buff and regen mana ready to buff again, that's why i'd personally go se because that would bore me to death.

Kakarott likes this.
  9. Swayarn

Swayarn User

coudln't agree with you more!
    the prophet is a 1buttom clicker, make a macro bind the buffs you need for a meele pt and then be sitting and regen for 10min! and the party itself most likley rather get a wc.
    as a se you can recharge and heal, alot more parties will open up for you, and also, if you wanna play meele's you have vampiric rage, and for caster pt's you'll end up with empower+recharge!

HellsinG likes this.
  10. escalibran

escalibran User

warcryer has nothing at start of l2, make one later when it gets good buffs.

get pp + se. and maybe a bishop too. one to buff, one to heal, one to recharge. you have 2 more slots in party in classic, but you also need more supports to work well when you get higher levels.

replace the pp with wc when it becomes relevant. keep the pp character on a seperate account, you will need it for elemental buffs in later chronicle. (but for nothing else. yay, useful class)

11. wtfred

wtfred User

man please stop, classic is not prelude

12. fagercraft

fagercraft User

warcryer 7-40 is really fricking powerful, awesome solo, aesome duo, awesome aoe party.
    40+ he loses his aoe abit, but starts to gain as a buffer. freezing flame is awesome and has good sleep and all pve buffs except for high lvl focus (but lvl1 is the most important one). gets ww also in age of war, and single target heal!

however, since max lvl here is really 60-62, he doesnt get high level of all buffs (guid, focus especially) but those are easly covered from ses.

i think the best advantage of pp is that there is no noble buff, if someone dies a wc needs full mp to buff, pp can much easier rebuff died members (pve and pvp)
    also theres is no cov (we all no cov was the **** early, and topnoth later on while pof went from decent to bad basically)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.