1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am new to the whole "l2 classic" concept,mind answering? thanks a lot :)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by kappa1, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kappa1

kappa1 User

hello players !

i first played l2 during c4 (xxxxxxx, a private server) then kept playing until kamael came out then i derped around private servers for years and years and i play official for the last 5 months (naia server,infinite oddysey chronice,if it matters)
    so my questions are

1) are there no buffers at all? if so are there pof/pow/cov skills in the game or just basic buffs?

2) is this classic server going to be updated to something newer like c4/c6 etc some months/years later ? i would like to play again c4 and c6 on official style.

3) i read on some posts before about the "nerfed 1/6 drop rate" this means i won't be able to have spiritshots/soulshots all the time?

4) is this game playable alone if i have no clan/cp? i can pay for 2-3 characters open but i am not sure if it's playable or i will get bored too soon by pveing alone.

5) since you guys probably know better than me, what is the situation on other classic servers with adena sellers? i am used in buying adena from ncwest servers but idk whats up with classic servers

6) as far as i read botting will be hard to do since there are active gms, right?

thanks a lot for your time :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
  2. Norz!

Norz! User

1 - nothing from npc. only played toons that'll give buffs according to their levels.
    2 - a major update every 6 months i think. ~c4-c6 contents is gonna take years.
    3 - you wont be able to use shots in pve at all. at least for months. save them for pvp.
    4 - you can if you dualbox, but it's all about group xp starting at level 20. grind is gonna be so tough, you wanna group up. and good luck dual boxing, with the lvl 40 class changes quests with no money for teleport. but yeah, doable.
    5 - no idea in kr. russia seems more or less under control.
    6 - seems more or less under control.

3. Machinae

Machinae User

6) i hope so, as a player i'll see any bot as a free item meal, can't bot if you've dropped all your gear.

4. Tirith

Tirith User

6. sounds like you're disappointed about that?

5. kappa1

kappa1 User

not really, when leveling on naia i was extremely frustrated when bots were exping in every area and i couldn't pk them because 1 pk = 7k ~ karma and 1 mob was around -55 karma.
    so i am happy :)

6. Tirith

Tirith User

i'm just messin' with you. i hope innova can be as active as possible when it comes to banning bots, its one of the things that ruined l2.

7. Approbus

Approbus User

innova on ru banned people who obtained items from bot also, regardless of the way you obtained them.

8. Machinae

Machinae User

hur fair enough i guess.

9. kappa1

kappa1 User

that's dumb isn't it?

kornel32 likes this.
  10. Approbus

Approbus User

it is very unusual and could sometimes result in ban for innocent, but the support ticket responds were very quick there, so if you had any suspicion that item you obtained was illegal, you could contact them before actions were taken. on the other hand, bot items have to be removed one way or another, because bot traders will always find clever ways of transfering items to legit chars or selling items before they get ban (hence this rule affects rmt directly, which is a good thing).

no system and way of coping with the problem is perfect, but this showed that innova were ready to go extra mile in order to make sure legit way of playing is the dominant on the server.

11. iMadD

iMadD User

lets dont forget to say that according to your experience you stated you use to easy fast lvl up.well forget that will taking you hours and hours to get 10%after lvl 40 and maybe will be weeks over a month to hit 40 lvl in best case senario

12. kappa1

kappa1 User

well i've played on a lot low rate servers but seeing people with s/s80/elegia or whatever was #1 in the given chronicle demotivated me a lot. i believe the grinding may be fun as long as i am not alone with my alts :)

MaoMao likes this.
  13. MaoMao

MaoMao User

even if you do not get an answer, i think it is safe to say that if you see the same train after you reported it 24 hours in the same place, it means it is one of those allowed so you will probably be banned if you grief them under a pretext or the other.
    gms in naia were banning people which were recording heroes and their trains afk or if you insisted on reporting the same train at all hours with various chars and ips helped by friends, etc, so it may be the same thing here. we will see soon enough if words match deeds.

14. Approbus

Approbus User

on russian that wasn't the case and i don't see why it would be the case on eu. ncwest i wouldn't even comment, it's different universe.

MaoMao likes this.
  15. Oscar

Oscar User

huh, hard to believe :s

16. kappa1

kappa1 User

hope so ;d

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.