1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What about heals ?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by wtfred, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtfred

wtfred User

hello,

can you guys tell me pros and cons on ee / se / bish please ?

i like ee because of their fast casting speed and pretty good heals, but maybe in classic se are better at healing than i remember ?
    i think it will be way easier at start to find party as se but i fear se will only be "buff bots" at higher levels :s
    what about bishops ?

is there some changes in classic about heals ?

Anubis23rus likes this.
  2. fagercraft

fagercraft User

se:s pros:

vr+emp and basic offensive stuff to balance a wcs early low lvl buffs (focus3,dw3,guid3 im talking about)
    stigma of shillen (its like another hex on drugs)
    greater heal unnerfed
    purify (when dvc and toi starts paralyazing in aoe youll want this skill in the party)

this means they are healing as good as a ee (since its not greaterheal that sucks vs major heal, but good greater heal vs faster greater heal(ee castspeed))
    if they ever put in major heal again and nerf greater and dont give se major, then its back to se sucks for healing.

ee has more pvp pros, party return+stun resist but lacks any decent pve buff and doesnt have purify.

id say for small parties, random groups, pve = se
    constant parties, pvp = ee

stun resist buff is really awesome in pve sometimes too btw.. at later dungeons.

Glanarielle likes this.
  3. wtfred

wtfred User

ok thanks, you're conforting me in my ee choice so far.

anyone for pro/con of bishop vs ee please ?

4. Oscar

Oscar User

small/random grps doesn't need proper healer at all, pp is good enough and the moment u will hit 5x lvl to actually benefit from heals better then battle heal, will take you a lot of time ;p

fagercraft and Zamachi like this.
  5. Norz!

Norz! User

bishop is a pure healer. it's "all" it has to bring, but it really brings it, hard. pve wise, buffer + ee/se will usually be enough, and both se/ee will bring some buffs and more importantly, recharge. as it stands right now, with dv being the highest lvl area, bishop might be a bit of a "weight" for a random pve group because its healing capacities are "overkill" and it doesn't bring anything else. but it's sooo usefull when it comes to pvp that any serious clan should want one leveled (unless they're not that good in prelude? forgot).

i think it depends if you're gonna rely on a larger, serious clan to help level, or random groups. if the former, bishop probably fine. otherwise, i'm not sure its the best idea.

6. Advocad

Advocad User

the bishop is the king in pvp healing and that's the end of it. you cannot compare the two, they're meant to do different things, but bishop will work well in combination with either se or ee, depending on the party setup.

7. fagercraft

fagercraft User

bishop.. yeah hard to compare.

i get the picture from all the streaming i watch that a bishop will be need for pve together with a recharger for:

pvp - duh
    aoe tanking - all aoe leveling done atm is with a kiting tank and range aoe. the day that you wanna pole aoe and actually stand still... 1 healer is not gonna cut it.
    melee parties - weeeell... dvc+toi later on and running c grade gear and **** id say second healer is valuble.. dunno really. i think you can have 1 healer for most of these parties and all 3 works fine, but recharge is nice even for melee (spoiler mp, more dagger stabs etc) for whenev healer has to little to spend mp on himself.
    in party with wc instead of pp a bishop actually provides the nice blessthebody buff and holy wpn and zerk 1. its not focus dw guid 3 that se has thou..
    restore life at 30% is nice for tank healing or orc/dwarf healing, but theres is no health sa anymore in classic.. so its abit nerfed compared to oldschool.

basically bishop is probably second choice healer for pve and random groups.. but ill say that healers are gonna be hard to get for randoms anyway so i dont think anyone will be picky enough to turn down a bish and wait for se/ee..

wumhrhlp likes this.
  8. Sevi123

Sevi123 User

gbh costs 47 mp more than greater heal on 58, but it has 2x more heal power and casts way faster. except that bishop has nothink special. mass ress is useless in random parties, and in clan wars after death player will loose buffs and he's gonna be a easy target. also at classic bishop ressurection is not 90% but only 70%(and max lvl is 74) same as ee. also restore life is useless not only because players don't have much hp, but also because it restores 15% hp at lvl 1 and max lvl is at 56. and body of avatar lvl 2(15% hp) is on 56. at lower lvls bishop will not be important at all, but after 78 when it's gonna get balance life, cleanse and also after major group heal will be added, than again bishop will become the best healer.

9. Swayarn

Swayarn User

i'm in the middle of se/ee myself..
    if i want to box my se/ee together with a spoiler, wouldn't se be the better option?

10. Norz!

Norz! User

yes, se, not even close in this case.

11. Jammer

Jammer User

i would definitely take an se over an ee to combo with a melee. focus, dw, guidance, vr, stigma. ee doesn't have any of these.

for a box you want good buffs, the se has them, the ee doesn't. an ee is really more of a main healer than a boxed buffer.

12. Swayarn

Swayarn User

thanks

13. fagercraft

fagercraft User

se can get you parties in small groups with anyone, not unthil 44 where pp gets haste1 will p be significant diferent to buff better on some classes. also se gets emp and rechrge making se significantly more attractive in small parties 25+.

the op is also asking about he healers, hence why i left pp out.
    40+ se also has stigma of shillen, witch can be compared to haste1 in melee dmg.

if i had to choose for 1 support only se would be my #1 choise for nuker, melee up to 44, hybrids (summoners, warlords, warcryer soloing)

cleric and pp is ******* awesome still and looses out only by a small margin in how much i would want them.

44+ melee its hard to know whats best.. no vr, no stigma but you get haste1 (zerk i dunno how hard it is to use in small group, especially if pp also shall heal)
    archers are basically the only one who prefers cleric/pp (vr is useless and zerk is awesome)

but we all know archer parties arent a thing unthil higher levels and fully buffed to make the expensie arrows count...

Merll and rqxmvKK118 like this.
  14. wtfred

wtfred User

ok guys thank you all for yours opinions, no doubt i'll go for ee now \o/

15. Oscar

Oscar User

there is no stigma in classic 1 afaik :p
    but yeah, we will prolly start from 2nd update

16. drshiwago

drshiwago User

i asked my self the same question: which healer will i choose. played most of the time bishop but always in a larger clan and around c4+. i will play with 2-3 friends maybe with a clan if i find one since i am a pretty dedicated player... in terms of playing styles i like bp/ee over se but you guys brought up a valid point in lower levels (post 40) it wont really matter and people rather want some buffs in a party... prophet will be a no go i played one from to 78 and as soon as you get to be a buff bot i stopped enjoying it... so the question is:

get a cleric so you will be useful with a few buffs till 40 and then go raid healer and hopefully have a clan till that
    go elven cleric so you will be useful with a few buffs till 40 and then go raid healer/ mage party and hopefully have a clan till that
    go dark elven cleric so you will be useful with buffs some heal and mana recharge + go solo style and level with mage partys

i probably just flip a coin.... sigh

Merll likes this.
  17. escalibran

escalibran User

what chronicle does classic start in?

vr was added in c2.
    stigma is added in gracia final.

i think a lot of people forgot a lot of things about early lineage and will be very disappointed with the classes they picked.

even pr is only available from c1, not in prelude :p

zefeagvaw likes this.
  18. Von

Von User

just like someone else mentioned, classic starts with:

2015 ui
    prelude-c5 skills
    prelude areas

19. fagercraft

fagercraft User

l classic is not lineage 2 prelude/c1

its a hybrid, you got the prelude world, drops, gear with revamped and rebalanced classes and skills from all chronicles (shield strke being a h5 skill added in to human tanks in patch #1 age of war for example).

i have read all patchotes and double checked skills for l2classic, and watched streams etc and playd first 10lvls on russian clients. trust me, vr and pain of shillen is in l2 classic. you cannot trust anything from oldschool lineage2, xp is changed (both uup and down, xp to lvl up changed, clan skills changed, quests changed, skills changed.

you can basically trust the map to stay the same, and npc ai, skilbalance (in most cases) to be like it is currently on god client (few exceptions like vr works the same but nerfed to only melee hits, in god it works for skills and range also).

also big differences when you learn skills etc. landing rates of stuns seemes to be uppedfrom oldschool 70-80% (shield stun being the only one 90%) to all 90%.

seriously the ones who will hurth the most when playing classic is the one who remembers the most from oldschool. since theres is just as much stuff being like h5-god that there is stuff being like prelude-c1.

other big changes are for example reworked bossjewels (age of war patch), reworked sa:s...

20. escalibran

escalibran User

well ****, they should call it lineage 2.5 then instead of classic. that's not classic l2, all balance will be completly different with mixups like that.

that's an instant turn-off for me. probably not even going to make an account if it's not real lineage 2.
    private servers have off files from most chronicles, and ncsoft lost their own? xd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.