1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dwarf strategy beginning & high lvl

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Fuzee, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzee

Fuzee User

i am planning on either playing spoiler or crafter (mostly spoiler). i wanted to get your opinion on how you are planning to start & what you are going to do at start (where to spoil) etc...

i know some threads were created about spoilers but none of them really talked about the strategy of a dwarf.

are you going to be using pole or blunt? at which lvl do you learn spoil? do you need spellbook for spoil & sweep?

2. Seivlas

Seivlas User

remarks from a random guy that read the classic forum a little :
    -from what i saw your stuff (and the nerf of vr) won't allow you to aoe with a pole before you're already stuffed, so i'd think that hammer (with those nasty stuns) would be better.
    -spoil is 10 iirc. i may be wrong but i remember it being lvl 10. sb no idea...
    -for spoil targets try to find a db, and make a list of what is needed the most (the rate may be not really relevant if the only way to obtain a recipe is the spoil; the rarer the more expensive) : recipe (mats, stuff), parts, mats (animal bone are never a bad idea)

3. Fuzee

Fuzee User

sounds good. do you know a spoil db? i tried the link from general info center but i could not find the spoil db.

4. fagercraft

fagercraft User

5. Machinae

Machinae User

when rolling a dwarf the first thing you do is open microsoft excel. spoil/sweep should be level 5, no sb required. blunt and shield or more realistically whatever you pickup that gives you more patk than what you had in your hand already.

6. Fuzee

Fuzee User

do you mind elaborating on microsoft excel? what will i need it for? do you have a sample one or what would you put in it?

7. Machinae

Machinae User

you don't need it per se but it helps by not having to go on the search for mob locations/levels/spoils and keep track of things like quantity of mats held vs mats needed, cost of buying in mats vs overall craft profit etc. i haven't got one made up right now it's been years since i needed it but to give you a rough idea it has a leveling plan denoting obviously mob level, location and importantly what mat/keymat is spoiled, now i've written all that and read it back it's just about being very very very anal about money and time efficiency, which is why i'd play a dwarf.

8. escalibran

escalibran User

cbp, steel, cl, bones, varnish, iron.

live to spoil, spoil to live.

you will be tight on sp for the first levels. save everything for spoil+sweep, don't get masteries before.

and don't get depressed. spoiler life is not very exciting. depending on what exact chronicle we start at, you probably don't even get mass spoil, so only single target pve.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  9. fagercraft

fagercraft User

mass spoil is in from start, mass sweep also!!!!!

in patch age of splendor spoiler gets a second hammercrush with 5sec stun and chance to remove 1 buff.

you heard me, spoiler gets cancel with stun.

ps - also gets selfbuff that resist stuns and chance to heal on dmg trigger. (ws gets this too)

10. elNoha

elNoha User

people's nightmares became true, spoiler with cancels, where is this world going? lol
    but put jokes aside i think its nice, something new that i can give 100% nobody even imagined. freakin spoiler with cancel. haha

11. Fuzee

Fuzee User

that makes me wanna play spoiler even more now lol :d. mass sweep really?

12. fagercraft

fagercraft User

http://l2central.info/classic/Собиратель

check lvl 28.

wiki does not contain skills from age of war yet fyi (nothing changed for spoiler, but like stigma isnt in there for se etc)

13. Mr_Kzimir

Mr_Kzimir User

i am planning to run spoiler + wc , but you guys are making me worried as it seems some stuff have been nerfed.

what are the pro and cons of each bh + buffer setups ?

14. fagercraft

fagercraft User

bh+se - basic offensive buffs early + recharge + stigma(pain to cast on each mob maybe)
    bh+wc - wc can do the killing with dot. buffs sucks unthil lvl48
    bh+pp - all offensive stuff + heal.. no recharge.

differences for bh in classic is:
    no shots = slow kill speed = no mp problem for spoil - recharge not so important.
    no shots = low dps = low vr effect+vr nerfed - vr not so important
    you will be fighting mobbs where you can regen your hp faster then you die - pp regenration and best buffs = very wanted.

and you will very likely not play your main 40+ solo with 1 box in party.. it will take forever, youll want to be in parties :) so aiming for a buffer thats good at highlevel is aiming for 1-2years ahead.

i would say pp or se as box for the times you just wanna solo something, and rest of the time have live players backing you up. or lvl wc as main and once you are 48+ farm with dwarf when solo using your mains buffs. but if you wanna start with spoiler lvl1, i would do pp to cover him for 15-40 lvls.

15. Mr_Kzimir

Mr_Kzimir User

that was my plan , using the wc to exp until 40+ and than switching to the spoiler as a main.

thank you for the tip :)

16. Jojo44k

Jojo44k User

i remember farming cbp in mithril mines on ratman leaders for years

17. c4rlito

c4rlito User

cruma tower crafted leather on the porta's delvl again and make more money on the porta's :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.