1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gladiator in Classic

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Khalkaroth, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khalkaroth

Khalkaroth User

hey guys

i've been reading up but as usual it's very hard to find correct information anywhere on lineage 2.

my question is this:

can a gladiator fight well with two-handed swords in classic?

from what i can tell most of his skills are useable with both regular swords/blunts and dual weapons, but not every skill description states this. i can't find if the classic build will allow sonic slashes to be used with two-handed swords.

kind regards
    khalkaroth

2. elNoha

elNoha User

well yes, he can use most of his skills. i think he can't use tss/ts/dss and i think thats it, you can use pretty much everything :>
    and besides, you don't need to go only 2-h sword
    you can go as : sword+shield, more defensive stats, more survivability
    blunt+shield, slightly less dps, but you can use stuns
    and then ofcourse two handed weapons,
    so it all comes down to what your party needs i guess :) since your not gonna be alone out there for long, but if you think youre going to solo ( by solo i mean main+box support ) then i would reccomend using blunt+shield :)

3. Khalkaroth

Khalkaroth User

see, that's where i get confused. some skill descriptions of the tss say it can be used with swords/blunt/duals etc. ... is this not true, then?

i plan on joining a party most of the time to be honest, but i don't want to drag them down by making poor weapon choices.

4. elNoha

elNoha User

tss is definetly only for duals, thats for sure, same hoes to dss and ts
    well, i'll just roll with blunt+shield since it seems like the best alternative until my sweet duals ( let's face it, im not gonna have it any time soon xd )

5. dty//

dty// User

tss skill description clearly states that you need dual swords :)

6. Overture

Overture User

a shield without any passive is completely useless(almost)...better get a 2h-blunt (raw power and stuns).

7. diMiTr1

diMiTr1 User

korea randomly added shock effect to sonic blaster. now sonic blaster stun target for 5 seconds. you can rush duals now, because you don't need to keep blunt weapon for stun attack or hammer crush anymore.

you can learn sonic blaster on level 40.

sonic blaster
    cast range: 600

stunning shot
    cast range: 900

this change is insane. you can just target enemy healer/mage and stun him like an archer! fast run to him and insta kill him with combo. this change give to gladiator extreme power!

here is movie from lineage 2 classic [kr] server. (resolution of this movie is a little bit strange, but you can still clearly see how can gladiator stun with sonic blaster.)

joko26 likes this.
  8. elNoha

elNoha User

dude, its not like i choose to be with blunt after 40+, its just that duals are insanely hard to make in classic, if i could i would gladly wear duals from lvl 40, but let's face it, without a double miracle ( 2x full drops swords ) i'm not gonna make them any time soon. ^^

9. Merll

Merll User

saber*saber all the way! :p

10. Luminight

Luminight User

triple slash, triple sonic slash, double sonic slash all require dualswords. blaster,buster,storm can all be used with duals, swords and blunts.

i don't see why once hitting 40 you would use a 2 hander on a gladiator, you have no passives. duals aren't that hard to find you just need to know what to hunt and have a friend who is a crafter :)

i'm extremely happy that gladiator now has a long range stun! bye bye mages and archers :) no need to switch weapons anymore!

11. Overture

Overture User

it depends...

1.cheaper weapon
    2.sa with sc if you have one
    3.for the first 40s lvls and early 50s 2h weapons are wayy stronger due to fatal strike (stronger than ts)
    4.duals uses tons of soulshots.

12. dty//

dty// User

2 handeds are not stronger than duals, not even if you use fatal strike, dss is by far stronger than fatal and ts is almost as strong as fatal and even decreases your targets p.def (if we start on aow)

duals don't use more soulshots because you won't be using any shots for grinding and this is not god or some high rate, there's no cov or pof so your attack speed is not perma 1,5k

13. Overture

Overture User

i forgot ts now decreases p.def , but you are understimating the dps output with fs at early lvls.

"duals don't use more soulshots because you won't be using any shots for grinding and this is not god or some high rate, there's no cov or pof so your attack speed is not perma 1,5k

thx for telling me that this is not a hr or god (i just play retail servers) , but afaik duals always wasted more ss than a regular sword.

14. dty//

dty// User

yes ofc but you should read again what i just said

you don't use any shots for exping as a melee, therefore this point is invalid and duals never used more shots than a 1h sword unless you had full attackspeed buffs, back in the days they did but after it was changed they were kinda normal in ss consuming

15. Overture

Overture User

my point isnt invalid cause i didnt said anything related to pve or any circumstantial situation.
    nobody said anything about the attackspeed/soulshot relation... why are you pointing the obvious? (???)

high attack speed with a sword = more ss usage
    high attack speed with duals = even more ss usage

???

16. Luminight

Luminight User

there are no sa's in classic yet

17. Luminight

Luminight User

another basic feature of the game you and many others seem to completely misunderstand. duals use half as many soulshot as normal melee weapons. the soulshot activates once per double swing. i.e you have double chance to critical for the value of 1 soulshot.

if you get 1 soulshot and crack it the effect will apply to both your left hand and right hand attack. i have played gladiator for 9 years so i think i should know this by now...

18. dty//

dty// User

usually you talk bs

but this is the truth, +1

Luminight likes this.
  19. Overture

Overture User

i though it was 1 swing = 1 ss lol
    anyway dont judge me , i didnt play gladiator since 2006-07 or so and the only times i have used duals was with my da with vanguard.

btw isn't sonic blaster a little broken? a ranged and powerful stun that can critical strike with low reuse....i mean...you could just spam sonic blaster to anybody and **** them lol

20. fagercraft

fagercraft User

the only downside with duals and ss is that a half miss still consume 1 shot. a miss för any other wpn doesn't consume the shot.

otherwise duals is the highest base dps wpn in the game. so i guess it evens out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.