1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L2C a lower priority

Discussion in 'Archive' started by MaoMao, May 5, 2015.

?

L2C more important than GoD?

1. Yes!

106 vote(s)
    83.5%
  2. No!

21 vote(s)
    16.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaoMao

MaoMao User

what do you guys think? will l2c evolve to be at least as important as core? do you see it becoming the main product in the l2 range at innova?
    i personally not only hope so, but have reasons to believe it will be like this.

RedWWW likes this.
  2. zzZzz

zzZzz User

for now, this isnt their priority... they dont know if they will release classic here. when they make a decision of open it, we will have our equal priority. thats my 2 cents.

3. Norz!

Norz! User

should probably wait on innova's decision whether to open this server before talking priorities lol

4. RMuser

RMuser User

5. MaoMao

MaoMao User

there is no doubt about now, i am asking an opinion about the future.
    at the first sight, it is counter intuitive for people which believe l2 is old and needs some changes to compete with other mmorpgs out there, going back 10 years does not look like a good tactic, however, l2 is now a niche product, going mainstream will dissolve it completely, so only going back to basics will breath new life in it, the core of 1 million or so fans in the western world can finally settle some place with a reasonable fee,reasonably well policed servers, reasonably good atmosphere, reasonably good pvp (without extremes like pk newbies to promote powerleveling/adena "services"). does not need to shine, be the best, etc but if stable and well cared for, it has the opportunity to attract at least 500 k people with 1.5 accounts or more for the long run (years to come).

as for waiting about taking a decision, i am sure it was already taken, i mean, it is a no-brainer, even if you do not understand classic fans, even by the most conservative estimates, you will still make a profit, so, why not.

6. blowmeaway

blowmeaway User

the server with more profit will recive more attention of innova

7. Advocad

Advocad User

one l2store event on core means tens if not hundreds of thousands of euros (thinking about broches), on which you add premium accounts and general l2store items.

9k accounts in l2c can me maximum 90k eur at launch, a sum which will decrease considerable and will prolly stay somewhere around 40k eur (4k accounts)

core will always have priority

8. Norz!

Norz! User

the real question is how come classic will only be a niche, and most people won't leave their god servers. lineage2 has turned into a "pew pew star wars laz0r" awful game. lately i've been watching the stream of a bd hero on naia (i think), and my god this is ******* boring. never see them ganking, or mass pvping, only the occasional dude at the wrong place at the wrong time that gets obliterated. all i see is instanced bosses and the most boring pve xp ever.

wtf happened to this game!

how come 60% of ncsoft west and core servers aren't jumping this classic opportunity !

9. innadril

innadril User

i would love that l2c was a priority over current version but we have to be realistic. this is a reboot to please a niche audience while the easier and more casual current version fits a wider (i don't even know if that word exists sorry) playerbase. because of this, current version gives the company more money than l2c (it's not a secret f2p games are great for company's pocket, casual master race loves to throw money in order to fix its lack of skill and commitment).

10. MaoMao

MaoMao User

i think it will be way more than that if we count the preorders alone. not the 15k votes of course, which probably are not very relevant.
    fromt he polls, people say will be some 1 in 2 which will dualbox. this means 1.5 accounts per person. if we do not consider triplebox and the people which are ashamed to admit it, because they see it as going against l2c spirit and the community has a similar opinion, whoever understands there is no ah and shops are staunchly frugal will also see there is a need for at least one permashop to exploit this and make money to gear themselves, because while full drops in raids and otherwise will happen, they wont be anywhere near enough for the demand of gear and even to fund shots.

we all know these things and imagine playtime pretty accurately, but there will be many people which play since interlude only or which have no idea how much harder l2c is even compared with prelude and will do anything to give them a little edge if not in leveling their "main" at least to be able to gear it once they understand the true scale of challenges.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  11. turnON

turnON User

another useles topic guys , probably you have nothing to do and just opening a ueseles topic here - for that is always a time.

Ironic likes this.
  12. mrbro

mrbro User

well yes it's more important. especially in classic section..duuuuuuuh

deadmaker likes this.
  13. Advocad

Advocad User

2 months to go and you can only play with yourself 2 or 3 times a day. what else can we do to pass the time.. i know, we should all get in a room and throw darts at each other.

on a more serious note, this is a forum, the topic is related to the section it is in and be it useless or not it attracts clicks and makes people interact; by the simple fact that you posted and i went out of my way to reply to you (i was just going to ignore you but as you said.. nothing better to do), this post does exactly what it's meant to do.

kisses from the dark side.

MrHahn likes this.
  14. turnON

turnON User

some people will still "like people from enemy side " :), i ido understand your point but opening topic like this is ...nc + there is no eta 2months can be 4 months but who knows.
    kisses from light side :)

15. MaoMao

MaoMao User

this is not how it is now, we have a clear answer to that, i was asking for opinions about how it will be in the future.

16. Apophis

Apophis User

how it will be in the future? the most important part is that it will be ....... opened/live.

17. MaoMao

MaoMao User

yep, there can be no future if it doesnt open, right :p but realistically speaking, although i am a pessimist, i would say there will be an opening this summer.

18. Jammer

Jammer User

i don't think classic will ever appeal to the masses enough to supplant core as the main product. one is extremely easy mode and one is extremely hardcore mode. i think everyone can guess what the masses would choose. that's not to say classic can't still be successful though.

19. FryderykChopin

FryderykChopin User

i think you'd get different results if you possed to general forums - obviously when you ask such thing in a subforum specifically for classic we all are going to vote for, well, classic :roflmao:

20. deadmaker

deadmaker User

is wow a better game rather than lineage 2?

*poll in the wow official forums*

/thread.

innadril and MrHahn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.