1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Innova ban bots quickly?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bangkok, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bangkok

Bangkok User

i am a big lineage 2 fanboy. i am anti-bot. does innova do a good job of banning bots quick?
    thank you

2. MaoMao

MaoMao User

i think that, barring some privates i only heard about but dont think it is true, innova does this the best i know. i saw some bots and even quit 3 years+ because of them, but now is better and, while in l2c russian there are many and rmt is rampant, i think that they understand it wont work like that here, and every bot allowed because his subscription brings money too will mean at least 3 real customers lost and they dont want to have another ru server translated in english.

3. Bangkok

Bangkok User

cool ty

4. Fragola

Fragola User

well, i haven't seen a bot for weeks now. innove does their job and they ban them pretty fast. i can't complain that bots ruin my server.

Swayarn and elva_ like this.
  5. turnON

turnON User

6. MaoMao

MaoMao User

great, then they did understand and are preparing to give us a bot-free experience as i expected.

7. JaimeLannister

JaimeLannister User

no bots, no donation (l2store) = amazing server ! btw how would be the payment for it like mounthly or ... ?

8. MaoMao

MaoMao User

people dream for 5 eur although i think this is wishing for the botfest, i hope for 15, but maybe will be something like 10.

9. turnON

turnON User

to have it clear : bots will have 0 chances ,

1st, peopel will be killing them in order to have dropped items , mob kill player = drop ,
    2nd, there won't be place where they can start bots
    3rd will be reported to innova game master

people are scared from this part of game but you shouldn't all other questions and answeres are answered in
    https://4gameforum.com/threads/l2-classic-questions-for-innova-team.25787/

10. TRoGDoRB

TRoGDoRB User

i completely agree, but to reiterate point 1 - botting just won't be a viable option this time around now that the item dropping is back. the fear of dropping is just too great.

imagine griefing a train so that one or more of them dies and drops a weapon/armour piece... their healer would auto rez them but due to lack of dps or armour... they simply die again and again until the whole party wipes.

just think of the free loot, i honestly can't wait.

11. MaoMao

MaoMao User

botting is always a viable option, it is true that they had to be helped in the past by removing item drops, removing training abilities, even gms banning the people which report too much, but, in the end, they are on autopick and if one drops something will be quickly picked by computer, you cannot be much faster than it. last one who dies is not the dd with weapon, but the healer with newbie weapon, there is still a chance you will make it, but now on core bots are smart, they stop fighting when you go near, i suppose in ru is similar, albeit i was only near starter villages and there were not trains but individual bots.
    the saga of botters advocating how good they are for the game, by providing mats to the market, keeping prices low for newbies, being easy to grief, etc, must stop here and now. we have behind us the virtual corpses of many people which quit because of them, this is why l2 is dead, this is the last chance to resurrect it, stop promoting that stuff, it is already too late.

BlackWoodz and Ternis like this.
  12. Kiss.

Kiss. User

1 bot probably will return monthly subscription farming 24h. that how it works on ru or worked.

BlackWoodz likes this.
  13. MaoMao

MaoMao User

yes, this is why we cannot have "some botting", they must be banned a few times a day in starter villages until the trade is no longer worth it. this is why we need 10+ eur a month fee, so adena will be so expensive, even the rich kids will think twice.
    we cannot stop rmt while allowing botting, like you cannot have small shoes on the outside while being large on the inside, no wonder they failed in the russian servers and people advertise adena in the open without any fear (shame was never there), because botting is allowed for a while, hoping we get the best of both worlds, the rmt people manage to live, we take their subscriptions, and kids are happy they can pwn with a shiny new iron hammer.

10+ years of the same old recipe shows it does not work!!!!
    the definition of madness is that you keep doing the same things and expect to have different results.

14. turnON

turnON User

i don't understasnd what you're guys still discussing in this topic ?
    innova staff said that clear in questions asnwer section. don't make buble bigger

writting here soemthing which doesn't exist ( we don't have server and even confirmed l2 classic) makes no sense.

15. Kiss.

Kiss. User

more expensive subscription = more expensive adena.
    no cure here coz frost is cheap and weak antibot, still better than "lameguard" but... 1 day to fix bot programs after frost updates.
    and this company allready showed how they deal with bots both on core and lilith. their politics to botters is so soft and childish that it is ridicolous.

so bots are things which u should expect to live with. :)

#i write about bots thing in bots thing topic. if you have any problem with that you can write to staff. for now you just spam.
    #talking about not confirmed l2 classic and demending to not write about this project makes no sense coz this is subforum is about this project.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  16. TRoGDoRB

TRoGDoRB User

not true at all. you decide who dies by either stunning the healer so one of the dd's dies or continuously sting/hit the dd until the healer gets aggro and goes oom. also, say one of the dd's drops an item and their party picks it up... it's still unequipped for that character and so the party can still wipe, dropping more loot. anyway, this is a hypothetical situation so debating is pointless, but you get the idea.

my point is, botting isn't viable in the long run (perhaps i should've clarified); struggling by being griefed all the way up, not being able to go afk for fear of dying/dropping, then getting to a decent level/decent gear on a few chars only to see them all banned by being reported or something. that would be enough to make most people quit for good, or at least serve as a strong deterrent in the first place.

17. MaoMao

MaoMao User

more or less, however, this is not the main point.
    yes, more expensive adena will deter some kids, but not others, will reduce the overall scope of the market, though.
    the main point is that, not only more expensive subscriptions will make adena more expensive, but the huge losses of botted adena through continuous bot banning, it is not only their subscription that gets lost, but also the adena and gear they have. this will drive prices up much more, and with only a handful of customers which will quit fast anyway, it will not be profitable.

ok, maybe not true in all cases, but there is some truth in it. and, the main points were:
    - last one who dies will drop and you can hope to pick it up, because the other drops will be picked up by the bots still alive in the train mmuch faster than a human can, in most cases, unless the guy who set them up was a ***** and had no idea what he did (very few cases of pwnzorz which bot for personal gain, not profit and which are the last ones to leave a server killed by rmt)
    - botting is always viable if done by people with brains, you cannot grief all their trains, and even if you do, you will be just another guy benefiting from botting, another cheater, more or less.

the only way to deal with it is ban all the time. don't think like this: we leave them a while so they can get just enough adena to sell to pay their subscription, we get more money benefiting from rmt indirectly, cheaters "pwn" and profit very little so they dont influence the game, everyone is happy. it looks ok at the first sight, but it does not work and never worked in practice. the pressure to allow more and more bots will continue to grow from the management when the subscriptions will be dwindling because of them and you simply cannot replace live people with bots, they may pay the same, but the server is dead, everyone logging in sees it, even bots lack market, so they abandon the ship too. it happened all the time and will continue to happen again, the only solution is to not allow it in the first place.

18. Ironic

Ironic User

if we will have a server then we will see.
    furthermore it is not possible to make such a discussion here as we are on innova forums and it's not possible to write something negative here, which explains that why you will see only positive or neutral comments here, since other comments will break the rules.

all in all it is not nice to discuss about this dirty things, lets just dont buy anything for real money and use bot report button, make screenshots, videos and put on forums, don't be lazy, report all kind of illegal actions and let them do their part. the server didnt even start yet but the drama started :) l2 what a game :)

19. MaoMao

MaoMao User

might not be nice, but then the company bosses get the wrong impression people are okay with it, more or less, this is why they design the same failing policy all the time.
    by voicing our opinion and discontent we are helping the gms advance their case and make their bosses understand that rmt does not thrive because there is a demand which generates the supply, it does because at least some botting is allowed and bots are not banned quick enough to make it not worth it and because bots generate their own demand by advertising it and pking newbies at town gates, making them think they could have a chance if they buy their "services", be it powerlevel or adena or both.

also, make it abundantly clear that where rmt thrives, players leave, so, it may look like a healthy revenue for a month or two until people see there are no intentions to tackle the problem, then it is too late, even if they do start to act. ncwest did some bans with fits and starts, but only managed to destroy the balance of bot alliances and got accused of helping one side while griefing another. that is unavoidable when almost all the population is made up by cheaters because they drove legits out.

20. Ceausheasca

Ceausheasca User

if innova gets rid of the bots as "fast" as they are promoting this eu classic server ... i dunno.
    they barely post anything, just some rare updates on the votes (lol).
    it just seems they dont even wanna open this , let alone ban the bots for us lol.
    i just hope all the ppl that said "i will quit if they dont take care of the bot problem" ... to do so !!

Ironic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.