1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Destroy or not to Destroy

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Svmeyer, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svmeyer

Svmeyer User

i'm really torn and i love this game. i played it since the release and quit when god came out. i have tried every class in the game and am torn right now on what to choose. i normally make a wc for buffer but with the vr nerf i dont feel it will be as strong. so i think i will make a pp for a more solid buff core.

now the question. what to main?? i really loved bd, sws, and destroyer. i will be boxing a pp(maybe wc if you change my mind) with one of these characters. i know the usefulness of bd, sws but can a destroyer be worth the hastle on classicc? i remember as sws i was always looked over for a bd but i think the sws buffs are just as strong. please leave me some advice and thank you!

2. Machinae

Machinae User

destro isn't so hot apparently and suffers from it can only really join one type of party, bd/sws should always get a party fairly easy be it mage/archer/melee, not sure why you've been overlooked in favor of a bd in the past as most parties should take both bd/sws as both bring a lot to the table. honest advice, just play what you want and worry about parties later, i'm rolling a warsmith and i don't expect to be finding parties easy but i know i will find parties, you just got to friend those who do party with you for future friends/clan/allies etc.

brisantina and vanity like this.
  3. Svmeyer

Svmeyer User

thank you for the advice! i will find a clan and try my best to party wth them but with my schedule it will only happen 3 months a time. then the other 3 months i will be more solo. thats why i figured destroy with a box buffer would be good for me. i thought pve they would rip it up alone but wasnt too sure. i remember back in those days soloing rb's with a destroyer. i just need to be able to solo too and i think bd can accomplish that better than the sws. i keep reading wc isnt that great in classic because the vr sucks. but if im wanting to solo should i do wc or pp? again appreciate the advice and discussion.

4. Ironic

Ironic User

i would say forget about soloing, you will be using party matching and partying with randoms.
    the adena drop makes it impossible to solo in classic. the gear you wear is too low compared to your character level, this is the fact.
    so, choose a class whatever you want and join other people but best soloers are dwarves no doubts, because they are the richest and they can afford better gear than anyone else.

5. fagercraft

fagercraft User

wc/pp can easilly find parties
    and when you play solo you can use your main highlevel to buff a box spoiler for solo play/farm.

for solo xp, the only real choise amongst pp/wc/sws/bd is probably wc with se boxxed for emp1.
    wc can freezing flame kite very well solo, can need some recharge+emp for 24/7 uptime thou.
    wc from lvl7 is a killing machine solo and party. 40+ hes a killing machine solo, and buffer for party.

wc also got hammercrush for those pesky gankers, or maybe you wanna gank yourself. and also gets ww and single target heal over time in age of war.
    dots requires no shots for dmg, and emp1 should help you land 95% on same lvl mobbs.

and when you play in primetime, a wc will be just as wanted as the other supports.

solo with pp is laughabel, bd maybe can handle it in top gear 40+.. but vr is nerfed so hell need heal or rest or something.
    sws gets his pdef and crit songs so late that at lvl40 its just ****... total 100% **** for solo (just above pp, but pp can selfbuff).

all around solo+party i suggest wc, hands down.

(destroyer probably needs se or pp, wc buffs comes to late and his mp isnt enough for buffs+heals)
    (if you have a highlevel wc already, any fighter will look alot more decent :p)

6. Swayarn

Swayarn User

to destroy or not to destroy, there won't be any game!

7. Svmeyer

Svmeyer User

thank you all for advice and thoughts. i didn't realize the party finding function was going to be available. i thought it came at a much later time! maybe ill just do one buffer class for now and level up another character at a later time! swayarn you really think the server wont open? i have a good feeling that it will and i just cant wait to play!

8. Swayarn

Swayarn User

i realy wish you are right mate! i do, i'd myself would prob be more happy than alot of ppl, thought it's in my nature to be skeptical

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.