1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[INFO]Why Innova cant open the server in 1 month

Discussion in 'Archive' started by zzZzz, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzZzz

zzZzz User

im going to explain you, why innova need time to open the server.
    - innova is a business. so they need to be sure they will have profit.

- lineage 2 classic is like a new product ( a smartphone or a cae ). innova didnt invented it, but they are the only one to sell it in europe.

- release a new product need a lot of internal work. legal process, server rents, internal testing, new staff, localization time, etc... each process requiere money.

- a new product need money to be released. a lot of money. google how much money gtav needed to be created.

- innova have to do a research process and evaluate the risk/reward. when they launch l2 classic, they cant close it 6 months lateral. if you release a car, or a smartphone, you cant close productions and ignore customers that already bought it. so, innova have to do a lot of work about how much money they need, and how much money they will again. and, at what point the money invested is totally covered and you start to gaing real money. ps3 needed 2 years ( i think, not sure ) to be worth for sony.

-lineage 2 is an old game. yes, is a fresh version, but old. would you buy an old car, with a new colour? this is the same. they have to be sure there are enough people interested in the game for keep it open a lot of years. if they lose money, they have to close it.

so, you have to wait and try to keep calm. trolling, spamming and flame isnt a good way to have a server soon. we have to be a community. the more people interested, the soonest the server will open. simple.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  2. BouncingPanda

BouncingPanda User

yea well we will know on the 21st which isn't to far away. i've got friends on the japan/russian classics that are ready to go on innova's but just gotta wait til the 21st. if they open one though from the clans i've seen message and old friends i've talked to there are some 100+ member clans that are ready to go. as well as some russian clans coming over for whatever reason.

3. mrbro

mrbro User

comparing a server of a game to the developing of a whole game is just beyond ridiculous. i mean, really, i don't even know where to start..but the difference in budget is probably around x25000 literally atleast. considering they spent 0 for advertising and they have free hosting servers after ru merges and the fact that for 6 months a mongol could have written that reg website from like 0 experience just makes the "costs" look more and more pathetic. all they spent so far is a few bucks for doughnuts for the mods so they can update a number every 5 days.

p.s. please, don't bring up the translation costs, it's embarrassing

4. Sailence

Sailence User

the lack of information is the worst. just tell us what's going on instead of "maybe this maybe that."

5. Arrakkis

Arrakkis User

the problem is the last time they gave us any information the entire forum blew up in a massive **** storm.

i don't blame them for being less transparent.

6. mrbro

mrbro User

that's like a dad not blaming his 16yo daughter for wearing less transparent bras. she doesn't even know what she wants yet but in the end she does it coz it's trendy. like some1 said "maybe this maybe that"..(****storm follows) - oh well time to be less transparent coz other companies deal with it like that.

7. zzZzz

zzZzz User

- lineage 2 classic is like a new product ( a smartphone or a cae ). innova didnt invented it, but they are the only one to sell it in europe.

you didnt read aything. good job. keep flaming and spreading a lot of rage. you didnt worked for a company that release/sell products right? all i say is the procesess that a product need. no matter if you create it, or if you are going to sell it. you have to to some process. and that, requeire money. go to economic classes mate, you really need it if you wanna success in lineage2 classic.
    or maybe you will be a "adena plz" guy.

8. Machinae

Machinae User

you did kinda compare it to creating gtav, which has no bearing on l2c what so ever?

9. mrbro

mrbro User

my brain ..cannot take ..what is dis! they own the license for the l2 since they bought it for xxkk euros. they pay a royalty fee for each of the "products" (as you say). i don't really understand where are you going. also i actually built my post constructively. the guy you pictured looks more like you, judging from your brainapocalyptic post.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
    Leeway likes this.
  10. zzZzz

zzZzz User

gtav is a product. l2 classic is a product. a car is a product. your toilet, where you should drop somethingh instead on forums, is a product.
    all made to gain money. innova have the rights to sell that product in eu/ru. but, in order to sell that product, they have to be sure that people will use it and buy it. maintain the product requeire money, a lot of money. employees need money. eerything need money. if l2 classic isnt worth, they wont open it. thats the reasson they need to wait, do a lot of research ( that cost money ) and then, start to prepare ( and investing more money ) everything to open it.

release something to public isnt as easy as say: hey. come, i have new cookies!

11. Sevi123

Sevi123 User

yeah, but gta 5 marketing costed rockstar games 120 millions of dolars (265 total cost), when innova haven't even putted single euro on it and gained most of interested players by other players. also they will have fully working files from ncsoft, which they only need to translate. but translating is nothink, because 99% of game was translated in other chronicles, and thinks just needs to be copied from source. and you could use pc for few thousand euro to run fully working server, since engine of l2 is limited to about 5500 players. also if online will get lower, than they can merge server with gran kain, or 2nd russian server which will be made from remaining servers. anyway they can only gain. i'm not worried about not opening eu classic, but by opening it too late or opening it with pay to win, which i won't join for sure.

12. blowmeaway

blowmeaway User

he is just talking about gtav be a product, he is not comparing l2 with gtav... srly ppl, you all have brains, use them

ZRX13 and zzZzz like this.
  13. Ceausheasca

Ceausheasca User

haha...that fanboy got rekt !! nicely done sir !

14. WizarDEAD

WizarDEAD User

ok, so i will use your example - l2c is a car.

the car is legal to sell in russia. u have all legal and other requirements to sell it in russia. you already have 4 car models on sale in russia (grand kain, ... ). so if is this ************* car hard to sell in europe, dont do it. just translate dashboard to english and let us buy it and drive it in russia!!!

just create new realm on russia server and allow us to use english client. thas it. 98% of ppl here will be fully pleased. u can start almost tomorrow and you do not have to spend a penny.

boom your theory was shattered to milions of microscopic peaces...

//edit: i already have aprox. 13 mb eng system patch for ru servers, which translate interface, system msg, skills, spells, some quests and inventory to english. one guy make it home in few days for free.. so dont tell us ****s about translating of game needs a year and another year for testing.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  15. zzZzz

zzZzz User

thats ok, but we are talking about l2 classic europe. i dont care about russian. i want to play in europe, with europe people, not with russians.

16. Arrakkis

Arrakkis User

these analogies are stupid. we aren't talking about a car, we're talking about a multimillion euro project. besides they don't just have to "sell the car" they have to get us to pay for the car into the foreseeable future. it's very different.

if they just create a new english only ru server there could be serious repercussions. their servers might not be capable of handling that many users. they might not have the gm staff to police the server, they might be afraid that adding an english client can divide their fanbase and leave all their servers without enough players.

all i'm saying is if i was going to spend hundreds of thousands of euros on anything, i'd at least talk to my accountant first.

17. Zenaj

Zenaj User

while i kinda agree with you... l2c ru servers are located in europe. if we get english client i don't see how it wouldn't be eng server.
    same way other mmos got different language servers (english, german, ...) they don't call it new product, they call it for what it is - new server.

18. Apophis

Apophis User

actually we don't know for sure if the original eu license applies for l2 classic also (i feel that they need to buy a new one). amarantha wasn't able to comment on this subject.

19. Scarecrow

Scarecrow User

yeah its kinda funny what innova said (risks / challenges / complicated obstacles before we can launch)
    how you guys said before the costs are so low, translate the game can do 1 guy, servers use the ru servers, same location and they closed 2 (merged).
    they have the licence so no cost, they are official eu partners. game is over 10 years old nothing to do and u can keep this going.
    well i think they just dont want a eu servers thats all.
    look at the ru classics **** net its a population site. barely 1k people online now and the numbers fall each week, if you take a look at the second page there is monthly overview.
    im not sure how many still play on weekend but the numbers still falling.
    its kinda sad cause i really want to play a classic cause the l2 game is best ever for me but looks like the great l2 times are not coming back.
    ps. why are there ***** ? oo wtf are links blocked ?

20. turnON

turnON User

i think i won't be polide for this time,

1,st of all translation is done by ncsoft and innova si receiving a full package from them
    2,nd doesn't mean if game is old 10 years process will so dramatically change , with establishing even old game.
    3,rd you're just impatient mad guy who is trying to troll here cause you have not get your game
    4,th the site which you're looking at is not accurate at all , there daily pvp's and mass pvp's on gk, yes they are doign merge of 3 servers due to inactive people who stop = pause ,playing due to waiting on loa update ,
    5,th writing here how innova is stupid and pathetic won`t help you or speed ur the process at all
    6,th you will have you chance to play classic just need to wait couple of months and several weeks for annoucement .
    7,th your behavior is just showing what people do we are ....

have a good friday and think about it .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.