1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for the employed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coretex, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coretex

Coretex User

hi,

this thread is aimed at those of you with full time jobs. (sorry to the others for discrimination, but students and unemployed can easily play whole day :) )

as we all know, good old l2 requires a serious time investment if you want to achieve some progress. i assume most people from the old l2 playerbase are now employed probably also having their own families, so that they can hardly afford to play 10+ hours a day like they used to back in the early chronicles.

my question is how much time per day are you planning to dedicate to the game? also, are you planning to take a vacation when the game releases (if at all)?

my own answer would be that i am gonna spend approximately 3 hours a day in the game. also, i am going to take a week vacation when it releases for which i am gonna get a lot of beer, junk food, and everything i need, so that i do not need to leave the apartment and just keep playing the whole week like in the old days. just talking about it brings back the memories.

anyone with similar plans? :)

core

2. Machinae

Machinae User

similar i guess, probably won't play more than about 4 hours a night working ft with a young family, will book a week off work for launch so i can play a bit in the day when the kids are at school :d

3. Abuse

Abuse User

the answer to your question is in this clip.... replace battlefield with lineage 2 and you'll get the point... it starts at about 1:14. no, really, watch it.

that's my secret plan. **** bucket. man the **** up.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  4. ZRX13

ZRX13 User

russian top cps played 18-20 hours at release and about 16-18 hours since than every single day. im not exaggerating.

5. Approbus

Approbus User

they are playing like that for years. after they reached (realistically) max at classic, they switched back to god while waiting for new update.

6. ZRX13

ZRX13 User

right, there is nothing left to do after they hit a soft cap and rmt is not as good as before, cause rest of the server including enemy clans making lvl gap smaller and smaller everyday.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  7. ZRX13

ZRX13 User

btw couple guys from the party you are talking about is comming to eu too.

8. MaoMao

MaoMao User

i was full time employed when i joined c1 too. at that time was possible to play remotely without risks, so i was using vnc to play from home while being at work (mostly craft and manage shops) and also level while at home.
    at first didnt realize the time investment needed, then it was too late.
    it is possible i play 10 hours a day without major issues, however, still cant compete with cheaters, nor will i cheat too to level the playfield, so, if cheating is allowed due to either greed for subscription money or greed to save on gm wages by hiring too few or too incompetent/lazy which cant even be bothered to ban even asdfgfds chars advertising their rmt sites near gks in towns motivating we have to accept it because there is a demand no matter what, then the game is really dead for me and almost all the people i know.

RedWWW likes this.
  9. Jammer

Jammer User

3-4 hours per day for me, probably more like 6 on the weekends. not sure about getting time off for release, it will depend on when it is.

i don't understand how so many people can play for 10+ hours per day. how can you live without a job? how do you pay your mortgage/rent and other bills? the only explanation i can see is still living at home at age 25 or 30, which i don't even know how to respond to.

Machinae likes this.
  10. Fuzee

Fuzee User

some people just have rich parents or some people are just addicts who dont care about other life than playing a video game for 10+ hours. some people play games for living and earn via twitch or other videos or farm gold etc... but in any case if you are playing for even 6+ hours a day 7 days a week and you are not getting paid for it then you really got a problem :d.

not trying to insult anyone though. i myself have a full time job and a wife and friends with whom i like to go to bars and hangout so at maximum i would probably play 1-2 hours a day and 4-5 hours weekends.

do i want to be max level in short period? no. do i care? no. i am just going to have fun.

MaoMao, Ironic and RedWWW like this.
  11. Norz!

Norz! User

didn't take even 10 posts for people that don't have as much time as they'd want to play to start spreading some serious salt :p

12. Grazzt

Grazzt User

about 2 hours maximum a day, and i'll still have fun doing it :d

13. deadmaker

deadmaker User

same as you all guys. 1 or 2 hours per day.

Grazzt likes this.
  14. Sailence

Sailence User

well i work night shift at a hospital, 3 days on 4 days off. so 4 days ill be playing 8-12 hours a day.

15. phrozenb

phrozenb User

1-2 hours a day here too

Grazzt and nohaymanerax like this.
  16. LeaderG20

LeaderG20 User

sorry guys, but 1-2 hours a day is nothing for classic.

17. Jojo44k

Jojo44k User

hi i will play 2/3 hours per day because i prefer that instead of watching crapy tv. i have a job and i didn't found somebody to make family. at week-end it will depends if rain or sun show up.

@leaderg20: i won't play to be a part of a side. i can't play 15+ hours/day already spend enough time in l2 or aa. i don't need to be a drama actor investing all my life into a clan.

18. ZRX13

ZRX13 User

literaly

19. nohaymanerax

nohaymanerax User

agree. it's nothing to be a top player but it's enough to get some fun. i can't afford more than this.

Strong, deadmaker and Grazzt like this.
  20. turnON

turnON User

all depens about your view of l2 where you want to be , how you would like to acheive it ,

1, cp will be prob most important if ur cp person tohave and have good squad where you can have funn and relax and not be serious as some russian "emo kids" on stream
    2, clan where you will have home with normal leader who knows what to do and is fair play and know when to act strong people leadership and visionary diplomacy :)
    3, depens on the server situation if you need to speed up or slow down, but for sure there is no rush needed , on l2 russia gk people stopped to play ( pause) cause they have reached top lvls and waiting for new update .
    for example me i will be investing 3-4 hours per day - and craft/store shops during pause times at work, during weekend depens on activity and private life it might be more time to spent .

all depens from you how you will manage your time , and who you will find to your party or near your .
    you're creating your destiny ( bad or good one )

Mr_Kzimir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.