1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are summoners usefull?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Airdrie, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airdrie

Airdrie User

hi, i played warlock on c5. the state of summoners at this chronicles is to give their pet buffs. but in l2classic there isn't summons with buffs, so why people would want a summoner in their party? does people going to bring summoners as dd?

thanks and sorry for bad english.

2. c4rlito

c4rlito User

always handy for queen ant ;)

3. Norz!

Norz! User

short answer is: no.

even if we start with 1.03 (which is the first "chronicle" update that the russian are about to get now after 6 months), summoners wont have group buffs.

you could argue that eventually - in a long time - they will get them and it's an investment for the future to lvl a summoner, but frankly, given how hard it's gonna be to lvl without a group, and how hard it'll be hard to find a group that takes you in party past lvl 40, it seems like a very very difficult project.

if you have nothing but true love for summoner, sure, go ahead, but you better be 200% sure about your choice because it's like adding hardcore to an already super hardcore experience.

4. Fragola

Fragola User

as a future summoner:

people play summoners only if they loooooooooove the class. or if they prefer to play solo. but being a summoner at classic is a very hardcore experience. as norz said: think twice.

5. Prizma

Prizma User

another future summoner here as well,true sumoner lovers will enjoy it,becuse they havnt forgotten about us,summoners are capale of pretty sweet dmg,sumons doesnt drain exp,that means u can have aoe summoner/mana battery all the time if u wish,only thing is summons cost spirit ore,which is pretty expensive,and they last 15minutes,but from what i have tested,summoners havent been nerfed or anything,they can pvp/pve as all the classes,only thing is think twice of your actions.

6. Fragola

Fragola User

summons don't last 15 minutes - they last until someone kills it or you until cancel it yourself. you keep your summon even after relog. so it's very cheap =)

now, cubics do last 15 minutes.

7. Swayarn

Swayarn User

at the start no, if you play to run solo with a pp/se/wc sure it's a great class, but i wouldn't take in a summoner in any of my pt's

8. Jabari

Jabari User

summoners who prefer solo play over parties are gonna outlevel any party at this patch though.

9. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

summoner and useful never go in the same sentence together :)

they are only good for solo farming or small party farming (so you farm other classes that are really useful lol)

10. vanity

vanity Moderator

it is best class to solo play up to 44 but any cp playing the same amount of hours will outlevel summoner for sure

11. Naralein

Naralein User

What about a summoner party? Certainly not the fastest way to lvl up, but maybe a funny and relaxed one.

12. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

http://www.twitch.tv/stell98/profile/past_broadcasts

That guy is an ES in GK streamer. You can see some of the past broadcasts for solo summoner PVE.

EDIT: From what i've seen, best pve summoner hands down ES, can lvl up with the recharge summon unlike the other 2. PS doesnt have one and warlock's is weak compared to the DD summon. ES also has overhit after 1 class change, so faster exp since 20~.

The only "good" thing i could see in the future is both ES and warlock getting the buff summons, which would make warlock actually worth to play since archer/melee parties would love that buff early game (they will probably rework the buff for fixed critical rate and critical dmg increase instead of %, as they did with epic jewels).
    PS might also get nightshade, which would make it the best summoner solo.

The problem with all of this is the learning level of those summons, imo can't be 56 as it was in original versions because of classic's exp table, they would probably add them earlier :p

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    Naralein likes this.
  13. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

Even after the summon buffs, i'd only put a warlock instead of an acher in a CP if I had no option.

14. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

Yeah me too, but that's why they really need to buff the summoner class overall (not only giving the new summmons, but even more stuff), specially the group utility part.

Otherwise they will keep beign a strange thing to see past 40 since most wizards will end up beign nukers.

15. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

Keep dreaming, even after GoD when developers realized that summoner is a non-existent class and buffed it in 1000% by giving a lot of debuffs, more powerfull summons, a better servitor share skill and so forth, it still remains as a non-existant class.

Before GoD summoner was the worst pet-control class I have ever player in any MMO, after GoD it became more a playable class but still is a low end tier class compared to other DPS classes.

16. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

Yeah that's true, but considering they now have the experience from +GoD they could make some good changes to them in classic.
    Even more so now that koreans are getting crazier with the **** they are releasing.

But it's still a dream, so anyone who chooses summoner path should only expect a good pve solo class, and average party DD class at the most.

17. geba89

geba89 User

********!

I played lots of games and as summoner fan I need to say that l2 have probably the best Summoner class ever.

Summoner is specific class and its not made for everyone. I played summoner on official server and never felt that this class is bad or not.
    After GOD this class become popular, because they "buffed" them.

Yes we need to agree that summoner is not best PVP class, but the PVP is fun. Mass pvp for summoner might not be his best side but its the same as other classes, not all classes are made to be beasts in mass pvp.

In small party pvp summoner is really good. Played on RU classic as summoner also, and I do not feel that this class is bad there.

Summoner class is great as PVE class, you can solo all time and gain a lot of money, summons are cheap now.
    Would be nice if we had soulshots but its not so big deal now, its more for pvp purposes that pve.

Summoners are: bad in mass pvp, bad in party vs party pvp, good in 3 vs 3 pvp, good in arty pve and beasts in solo pve.
    Class is fun but not for everyone.

Naralein likes this.
  18. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

From my experience playing summoners in several games, not, L2 has the worst and the most boring summoner. Before GoD only ES with lvl 79 magnus for aoe is worth playing.

But it's up to you, there are people who like Prophet even WC being much a better class, so I can't judge personal tastes.

19. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

So it's useless in everything but pve. (if you consider 3 vs 3 pvp a thing, then you should go play another game, candy crush should be good).

Should i choose a class that is only good in pve (and you will most likely spent almost all of you're time soloing alone on the most hardcore l2 version outhere, yay, at 50 you get you're autism diploma) or a class that is good in both (and has a high chance of grouping with other classes and benefit from it)? SUCH A HARD CHOICE TO MAKE, GOD OF L2 DVP ENLIGHTEN ME

20. geba89

geba89 User

W00t, you want to teach ppl how they should enjoy the game :D

Nice one kid. Yes I like small party pvp, its fun for me and I do not need to enjoy MASS PVP, had enough of that in GW2 etc.
    Also you say why should we pick class that is not useful for others, ok lets play only mages and archers, game will be great :D
    I prefer to play a class I like and way I like. If you like it different, then do it in different way. I do not force you to play the way I like.

But kids this days are so ******ed that don't understand that games = fun not games = life

Naralein likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.