1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPs and what not

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Homun, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Homun

Homun User

i don't know if you guys think the same but, am i the only one who doesn't like cps?

i understand it's very usefull for competitive playground and whatever. but, sincerely, the memories i have from l2 aren't with cps, but with a whole clan, where all kinds of people shared pve, pvp, and sieges.

besides, now it seems there is only place for cps, no wonder why solo ppl quit. there are no more simple clans who recruit single players to form something. all seems to be predefined.

i think too much seriousness is killing l2 for more casual ( yet hardcore ) players

2. Yiam.

Yiam. User

there are many people that think the same. seems you can't organize though.

3. Blacknalla

Blacknalla User

the first time people meet a game they play for fun, now that they know the game they play to win :p

Fragola likes this.
  4. zzZzz

zzZzz User

this.

5. Norz!

Norz! User

80% of players if not more won't have a cp. more like "active clan to get people from to go xp" or "semi-cp" always playing with the same 2-3 friends and then inviting randoms etc.

the fact that 50% or more of the population will be gone after a month will make cps super unstable for a very long time too.

sure, the super top of the server will lvl in cps, but most others won't. or will alternate periods with and without a cp.

don't be too scared of people that are already making crazy hardcore plans, it's only a minority and many of them wont last anyway.

that said, people will try and level in a much more organized/efficient way than 10 years ago. but still don't believe it's gonna be only cp army everywhere.

6. Homun

Homun User

80% ?? well, it might be a personal impression or experiencie, but in the last low servers i played with some competitive background, if you hadn't a cp, you couldn't enter any mediocre clan. let's not talk about those who wanted some action.

ofc there is always solo ppl, but, i think they are the ones who will leave soon. leaving servers to the mercy of cps clans.

i'm under the impression that we have learned to play, yet lots are still bad loosers. and that cps are nothing but a death prevention instead of another way for fun.

7. Norz!

Norz! User

no i agree, but people mostly join private servers to "win". then "fail" or "win" within a month or two, and let the server to die. i like to think official will be a bit different, with more people playing out of nostalgia, taking their time etc.

there sure will be a lot of ferocious competition, more than on any private server, but i think my point is, with oldschool rates, you can't really go full crazy mode like you'd do on a private server for a couple months, because you'll burn out. this should be a marathon, not a sprint.

not that there won't be tons of cps, but i hope you know what i mean.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  8. attack

attack User

i will not burn out easily.

9. mrbro

mrbro User

i'd prefer a clan with a lot of active ppl instead of a cp(or a clan made of cps). cp sounds so boring and antisocial.. and it's not that it will make better progress than any active clan w/o cps.

10. Zenaj

Zenaj User

well i always play in random/clan pts. and it was always viable way to play.
    just don't expect to rule the server.

11. wtyd.

wtyd. User

i've seen this "cp" around. what does it mean? thanks.

12. Ironic

Ironic User

i remind you the limited areas where you can level up...
    so don't expect anyone will let you enter to their xp area, if you do so, really good luck...
    better start to make your plans before those cps you mentioned above leaves you no place to exp.

i say this, because i like competing with others, so i wanna wake some people up :)

13. Homun

Homun User

@norz! yeah, besides the fact that, if people pay, it's to play, solo, with clan or cp. with so low rates, maybe people will buen out less. i don't know. but i hope so.

@ironic fair enough. but if i ever have a clan with my friend, even if we don't go cp, don't expect us to be unorganized to kick you out ;d

@wtyd afaik, cp=constant party. it consist in a group of people ( generally 9 ) that will log at the same hours to have the best efficiency while in the game. my post was about the fact that competitiveness has made our community work with cps, leaving away the old school clans formed by solo players who became friends in game.

14. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

the only thing i hope is that eu uses party matchmaking system as much as ru does.

otherwise most players would be ****** up.

15. attack

attack User

**** party

16. eytyxia

eytyxia User

I also dislike the idea of CPs and the mentality of people who seek them. You simply miss out really important (for me at least) parts of the game, for example I can not forget the feeling of being part of a 200+ people siege and knowing all of them and being able to work together with all them (instead of 8 people that your CP would limit you to) because you are in the same clan and ally and help each other and meet each other every day, you can feel the team spirit in totally different level, while being in a CP is so limiting...

I am sure there are still clans which do not work with CPs, if I ever decided to make a clan again, I would not take CPs, it would be harder as a leader to control such a clan, but on the other hand you would have a whole clan of members working towards the same goals with you, this feeling of solidarity can not be replaced.

I think this "I play to win" attitude is killing the atmosphere in the community. Everyone has goals and want to achieve something in the game, but if you forget to have fun and enjoy the game to its fullest in the meantime, I think of it as a waste of time, of course if people don't give a sh!t about socializing and meeting others and creating new friendships, memories, experiences, then sure CPs is the way to go.

17. BloodyFeather

BloodyFeather Moderator

Well personaly as a current CP leader on a private x3 server, when classic opens i am not going to be a part of any cp FOR SURE...

18. eytyxia

eytyxia User

Do you mind to elaborate as of the reasons?

19. BloodyFeather

BloodyFeather Moderator

Because at prime times of CPs always 1 or 2 is missing half of the days so you have to find replacement, and the real CPs gather all drops in 1 char and CP leader gear them 1 by 1.. drama spawns...
    Also when a small team gets so close together and they play ONLY each other, if few of them quit, then the rest ppl lose the interest and quit also...
    Personaly i just preffer from now on to be solo and indepedent, and play in oldschool style clan..

ziggle and Approbus like this.
  20. Gronley

Gronley User

I'm sure i won't be joining a CP, it's like a 2nd job where u have to log in for 3-4+ hours a day no matter what, thats annoying and u start disliking it. I'm playing on RU Classic ATM (Shillen) and am part of a non-cp clan. It's just like old days, asking around who wants to go farm, then some people leave, some come and u play whenever you wish, however u wish and as much(or little) as you wish. That's the real spirit of Lineage 2 - it's a social game, not a game where you and 8 other guys run around not caring about anyone else.

ziggle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.