1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, what are we supposed to expect?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by wtyd., May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtyd.

wtyd. User

hey guys! i've been trying to find some info about the server just out of curiosity and i have a few questions.

dsclaimer: i know the server is not 100% to launch just yet. this is ifs and whens.

i've played retail l2 in the past, in the very beginning, as in i pre-ordered the box. i played for a while and i think the patch in the timeline of l2 was called "prelude"? i'm not sure how far i played in terms of patches so i don't really know what to expect from this server. trying to remember i think the "high level guys" (not the china farmers) were somewhere around 50-60 tops? sieges were a thing when i stopped playing atleast.

will we have dmg text/combat text? will we have castbars/autohit timer? these two things were not ingame when i played but i would have loved if they were. they really add some qol to the game.

i keep finding posts where ppl say that the exp rate is 1/6 of classic l2. is that 1/6 of what it was in prelude? leveling was really slow back then, 1/6 of that exp sounds like madness :p i remember sitting with a premade group in cruma tower for a whole day to get like 1 level or something in my late 30's. i'm fully aware that this is a grindy hardcore game, trust me. but that exp cut sound severe?

tl;dr: what type of changes can we expect in terms of gameplay compared to early retail l2?

2. Norz!

Norz! User

xp isn't reduced to 1/6, but adenas and mats are. which makes this aspect even more hardcore than in 2004.

xp curve has also been modified in a way that there is a lot more xp to do now, but it's compensated by different other factors such as many mobs hp x2-3-4-5, xp bonuses in large groups etc.

basically, all in all it should take as long as before to level, but you will be poorer, have less good equipment, (not as if you were full c at 40 before anyway) and have to rely on full group xp more to compensate.

everything interface/skills balance related is a mix of all chronicles. you'll get a much better interface from scratch, and there should be less "op/useless" classes along the different patches ("patches" used to be "chronicles").

it should be noted that even though "officially" there shouldn't be too much changes regarding payement model, rates etc, it's definitely not impossible some deep enough changes are made by innova between now and potential launch.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  3. Bboy Wizard

Bboy Wizard User

i've not taken much notice but are the group finding/making options from god also included in l2c?

4. Norz!

Norz! User

think so, don't quote me on that tho

5. wtyd.

wtyd. User

wow, nice reply! thanks alot!

is there a stated reason for cutting the adena gains? npc prices are still the same? this to stem off inflation in the long run?
    i'll have you know i had theca leather set and a crystal dagger for my level 40 ding(no jewelry tho) :) i did however have my own little thing going on to get me dem golds.

more skills? care to elaborate? when i played there were really few skills. rangers had that stun shot and double shot. dagger users has a bleed i think and two different "backstabs". tanks were pretty much only auto-hit and shield stun.

thanks!

6. Norz!

Norz! User

yes, npc prices are the same. official reason is to fight inflation (which is bs if you ask me because inflation was never really a factor in l2 before yeaaaars) and to "prevent botting as much as possible" (i'd assume anyone with half a brain would see it as counter productive but whatever). i'm not 100% sure, but from what i've read, people playing on korean servers (so 1 year/2 updates ahead of us) can afford to xp with soulshots. so maybe the lack of adenas becomes somehow fine down the road. no idea how the lack of mats impacts the game a year from launch though.

ncsoft has modified some skills, who gets them, and when you get them, in order to make the game more balanced. i'm under the impression it was a good change, but haven't played enough on l2c myself to really have a strong opinion. it still feels like good ol' l2 either way.

7. wtyd.

wtyd. User

sweet can't wait :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.