1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server rates set in stone? or community vote?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by DirtyBit, May 24, 2015.

?

Will you play no matter the rates decided?

1. Yes

78.4%
  2. No

21.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirtyBit

DirtyBit User

as the topic says, if there will be a server, is the server rate 1x / 1/6x set in stone? or can we for example vote for a full classic 1x/1x

RedWWW likes this.
  2. mrbro

mrbro User

so far all that is on l2cru is stone for here too. nothing is certain till the official announcement tho. it will always be the same as the ru version except possibly the business model.

3. Norz!

Norz! User

doubt we'll get any chance to vote. but i wouldn't be surprised the situation on ru servers makes innova rethink some things for eu (and ru too, obviously).

4. DirtyBit

DirtyBit User

well as i said earlier, with the 1/6th of adena drop, archers would be almost non existant due to lack of money to buy arrows

edit:
    well unless they lower the price on arrows ofc

5. dty//

dty// User

you keep forgettng ru/jp/kr all played, classic and had the money...

6. DirtyBit

DirtyBit User

well how do u have the money so u can get arrows when it drops 1/6th of the normal adena drop

RedWWW likes this.
  7. Norz!

Norz! User

you don't use arrows between 20 to 40.

once you're 40, you need to group up with bd and sws that'll boost the dmg to a point you don't need that many arrows. doesn't matter if you're melee, archer or nuker anyway, you'll have to group up.

you can also buy arrows from other players.

i mean, 1/6 is obviously completely ******ed, but it doesn't prevent you to play archer.

8. DirtyBit

DirtyBit User

i was looking at ternon stream, playing on the ru server, he got 8k in 10 lvls, thats not alot of gold for arrows :s

i just wish they could make either just a 1x/1x ratio on the server or atleast lower the price of arrows so those of us that like to play as archer from the beginning can do so

9. zzZzz

zzZzz User

simply no.
    this is hardcore. you cant afford arrows? bad luck bro. same with ss

ZRX13 likes this.
  10. DirtyBit

DirtyBit User

zzzzz;

its "hardcore" only because they think this will help against bots/ebayers..
    the grind is the same as i grinded in beta/retail, but as it seems lvl 64 is max lvl due mobs turn blue.. so thats not gonna be a problem

RedWWW likes this.
  11. tiocs

tiocs User

archers used daggers to at least 40 anyway, usually 52 if i remember right

12. Norz!

Norz! User

it's always the same 2-3 agressive/condescending people that basically tell us to "deal with it, or gtfo", but i'd be interested to read from one of you guys an explanation of why 16% of adenas/mats/drops compared to official 2004 lineage 2 is a good thing.

people against 1/6 are making an argument for game being pointlessly hard which drives people away (as we can see in russia), or that they want to have the same experience as in the past (which is the whole point of l2c) and therefore are against different rates. you can agree with that or not, but at least we're making a point.

those that are acting all tough and agressive, why do you think 1/6 is better ? i'm curious.

13. sleepers

sleepers User

that's not true.

i don't understand why people use arrows and especially shots to try to make a point about the rates.

either way, i am guessing that you didn't even play prelude or chronicle 1. people didn't really use shots for exping all that much. it's not something exclusive to the "classic" version that we will have.

14. DirtyBit

DirtyBit User

i started l2 in closed beta.
    i played the game for 5+ years on siegeheart, and we where spamming ss like no tomorrow :)

character names : zita (he) and athael (pr)

i agree, if they want the old player base they had back in the days, they have to focus more aggressive against bots and ebayers, because that`s what made the game crappy and keep it the same as it was.

i was talking with my old guild mates from my old clan, and they didnt understand why lowering the drop chance of adena was a way to go? whats the "good" thing about 16% of the adena?

i think this is just going to encourage players to either take the chance to buy gold (because this game will get gold sellers if they like it or not) or bot up characters.

its not "hardcore" because you have to run around in c grade at 60+,
    set 16% on the xp for what i care and we will see who is hardcore enough to stay through the grind.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  15. zzZzz

zzZzz User

insert carebear.jpg here, make this server x40. spawn a gmshop in center or giran. and disable pk/pvp.
    this is what you want.

rates x0.16 are fine. deal with it. this isnt easy. we dont want it easy. if you want things easy, go to gw2. here, l2 old players want hardcore things. now you complain about adena, then you'll complain about exp, then about pks, and in some months, we will have a full carebear server.
    until lvl 40 you should use a dagger. its that simple.
    come back to your ****y private server.

16. Norz!

Norz! User

@zzzzz

thanks for explaining to everyone why x0.16 is better. compelling point really, i'm sure you got everyone convinced ! \o/

and my bad, original 2004 lineage2 (no one asked for anything else btw) is totally like playing gw2, or some ****ty private server. you're right again!

regarding dagger use, as you can see...

this is exactly what i suggested above. but reading is hard, i know. so angry, can't even see straight anymore lol

anyway, i just wanted to prove people like you have absolutely no case, you're just being angry brats. i guess i got you exactly where i wanted :)

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    drshiwago likes this.
  17. Arrakkis

Arrakkis User

we just want original l2. if you want it harder go play runescape or everquest since clearly this game was so easy in c1 that everyone cruised through it in 2 weeks and quit. that's why we're all here right?

18. DirtyBit

DirtyBit User

did you even play retail? it seems like you didnt but i did... and the game was perfect the way it was back in the days, why cant we just have classic l2, aka offical lineage 2 from 2004? no change, just 1x / 1x classic c1 and go full focus to get rid of the bots and rtm

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  19. zzZzz

zzZzz User

with x1 adena rates, in 1 year the economy will be totally broken. the original idea of ncsoft was maintain adena at normal levels.
    the xp curve isnt like original c1. its more hardcore. if you maintain x1 adena, the game will have a huge inflation. you will be extremely poor having tons of adena... surprise, now ssd costs 800 adena, because everyone have tons of adena.... at some point, we will reach the adena limit, and we will start using other things as money, because your "good" rates, killed the economy.

stop complain about eveything. we have to play the same game ncsoft create, not the stupid carebear game you are trying to create for your own satisfaction.
    and yes, i played in ncswest. in bartz.

20. ZRX13

ZRX13 User

very fortunately absolutely no you cant!
    [​IMG]

zzZzz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.