1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will it be: F2P or P2P or B2P ?????

Discussion in 'Archive' started by xviliuxas, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xviliuxas

xviliuxas User

in this question im mostly intrested, so what type of game it will be ? :)))) P.S. sory for bad english :)

2. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

P2P but it will just be a matter of time until enough players leave the game and a new model should be implemented, whether a hybrid 'Freemium' or a F2P.

3. Norz!

Norz! User

Pretty much this.

Most of the players from EU/Americas that love L2 are coming from poorer countries: Eastern Europe, South America (Brasil). Those can't pay too much money, but they LOVE L2. It'll take some time for NCSoft/Innova to realize that they can get full servers AND money with a F2P model and reasonable shop. Something that gives a small advantage, but that's not broken P2W. Frankly, I don't like F2P myself, but in the case of L2C, that is a very particular project, I strongly believe a F2P model would work a lot better. Doesn't matter if I like it or not.

4. Coretex

Coretex User

As soon as F2P with cash shop selling anything on top of cosmetics is implemented, I am out. B2P / P2P or F2P with pure cosmetics shop are the only acceptable options, for me.

5. Ceausheasca

Ceausheasca User

Yep..same.
    It doesnt matter if a shop is needed to keep population.
    If a shop with "small" advantage is introduced its over..the line is crossed.
    Cosmetics with ZERO advantage they can introduce whatever the **** they want ... but give ppl (small)advantages with money and ur no different than ANY p2w shop, big or small.
    And i cant believe im seeing ppl who actually want this.
    The whole reason the MAJORITY of ppl want classic is to get away from f2p p2w **** .. and now some idiots are willing to trade the most important thing about classic just cause they think they will make a server last longer.
    Long story short : u WILL lose players either way ... and now im pretty curious what will happen IF they introduce f2p p2w shop.

6. Norz!

Norz! User

As a matter of fact, it does matter. No population = no server. Period. Maybe YOU will leave, and i'm sure more would too (or at least threaten to...), but for every paying customer leaving, you'd get at least 10 joining because it's F2P. And it's not a figure of speech, it's really exactly what would happen. You'll find thousands and thousands of players coming from Eastern Europe or Brasil to play for FREE and perfectly fine with "evil donators" paying $10, $15 or $20 a month for a 20% xp boost or something because the server is alive, and it's therefore worth it for people that can afford it.

I, for one, don't "want" this. Just that to me: P2P > F2P > No playing. It's just pragmatism.

Nah, the majority of those that want L2 back is because they loved L2. Period. Has nothing to do with F2P, P2P etc. Besides, even when P2P, there has ALWAYS been a P2W aspect: L2 has always been filled with RMT. ALWAYS. You simply cannot prevent people that want to pay for an edge, to do so. You realize that right ? So if making it official at least keeps the server(s) alive, well, i'll put up with it. Like I said, it's a matter of pragmatism.

But we obviously all hope it won't need to get to that point.

darznieks likes this.
  7. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

I agree, the RMT itself already makes L2 a P2W game. And the 1/6 drop rate will just increase the demand for adena-item sellers.

8. Ceausheasca

Ceausheasca User

What u say is true about RMT .. but that is still against the rules no? so there's hope they will do something about it.
    On the other hand...who am i kidding?? look at Ru..all the streamers advertise adena selling and powerlvl`ing lol :)) (while admins still ask for proof ingame haha)

9. Homun

Homun User

I sincerely don't want any f2p player.

When I play as a f2p it's because I'm not compromised with the game. And sincerely, I don't want to play l2 with uncompromised players.

I always cringe when I hear "we need people". Where does this comes from?
    When was it good in l2 to be lagged by a massive amount of newbies?
    When was it good to find random ppl everywhere, instead of searching for war that you knew was doing raids?

Are you going to praise group finder too? Oh no, it's true, half of you will get a box and then say we are playing "classic"...

Really, you go like hardcore players but then ask for f2p player to fill the void of your social incompetence.

I bet you can't even tell the name of your last nemesis. If you even had one.

**** high population. I don't need lots of random and unskilled players to have fun in l2.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
  10. phrozenb

phrozenb User

Luckily nobody gives a **** what you need. The server needs people that pay for the game in order to be viable. It's not there as a gift to the players, but rather as a means to profit for the publisher.
    Also, I like to play just like the "unskilled" players that you hate so much (and by "unskilled" you mean ppl that don't care about you PvP cravings, and would rather play the game to relax and have fun).

See you in game...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
  11. Homun

Homun User

@phrozenb then go play raidqueu wow, so you can maintain their profit while relaxing alone. I guess in the end it's not our needs, it's the publisher needs who have to be satisfaced

12. Ceausheasca

Ceausheasca User

If ur willing to give up everything ppl wanted for this classic .. just to have a healthy server .. then maybe we dont even deserve a server tbh.
    If half of those votes are just 1month players who will satisfy their nostalgia and leave...again..we dont deserve a server.

As an example .. what they did with the adena now..its an awesome move in the right direction. Another awesome move will probably be releasing patches maybe earlier than 6months (like 4months or so).

13. Kamus

Kamus User

What they did with the adena?

14. attack

attack User

I will not tolerate p2w

15. Agiaki

Agiaki User

Reading about L2 classic i know 1 thing. There will be hordes of bots. If they go too hard against bots people will quit, because they do not want to spend those insane amount of grinding hours.If somebody thinks this is not true he never played L2 classic back then. Especially not during that 2 week test account time period.

So i know 1 thing, if there are hordes of bots + a pay 2 win system i will leave the server immediately.

16. CM Amarantha

CM Amarantha Innova Group

17. Coretex

Coretex User

I think we all appreciate specific answers. P2P is a good choice too :).

18. QQmore

QQmore User

will be fun to see how fast will fail the game as P2P, ppl who beg for this is literally the 1% that only make noise on this forum

19. xHaseo

xHaseo User

Meh guys,you're making so much noise for nothing. L2 Classic is suppose to be 'as the old times'.
    Yes,it will be PAY TO PLAY,this,eventually,would already lower the chance to encounter bots,but we all know that back when NA was interlude and the bot population was minimal,there were bots anyway.
    The REAL DEAL will be in HOW our GMs will deal with them. And keep one thing in ur mind : classic would probably be map C1 and/or C2,expeting 16k players (i don't think we'll get 16k players for real,so let's say 3k in one server) , it would end having 3k players in few spots,so bots would have totaly no chance to grow.
    For the one who asked : the adena rate is 1/6 compared to the old time...i don't honestly know if this is good or not,'coz this will totally increase HEAVLY the grinding.
    And anyway,just wait for it. Hopefully we'll get a release date soon or any info about the 'patch notes' :)

20. Alarion

Alarion User

out of curiosity since i quited L2 some time ago and prehistoric which is classic doesnt interest me but tell me plz:

how u want stop RMT? Since the only difference for p2w players is if they will buy adena from inova or from RMT companies )))

so many players are still blind and dont understand even old l2 they played was full of ppl who not only botted adena but also bought it mostly from RMT ^^

Zenaj likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.