1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mage Const + Gladiator

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by JessGowther, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JessGowther

JessGowther User

What r you think about this setup? Or what mage setup will be perfect for you? Discuss pls.

2. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

Doesn't make sense to me, mage const + tank sure, but glad? What would the exact party setup be?

3. Approbus

Approbus User

What you need on classic is recharger+buffer+WL and you are good to go, you will exp faster than any other setup.

Edit: I was thinking you were mentioning warlord for some reason. Nobody plays gladiator on classic, they are complete trash and to fit them in mages party is insane.

4. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

Would a SE+WL duo work or is an extra buffer essential? I imagine during eu server start aoe exp won't be too popular ;p

5. Lemmers

Lemmers User

EE would probably work slightly better, but yes this would work.

6. turnON

turnON User

Wrong Section

7. iManBoom

iManBoom User

why not?

8. Lemmers

Lemmers User

You'd never be able to fully utilize the strengths of both the gladiator and the mages simultaneously in the same group, this has always been the case until the Goddess of Destruction update. About the only physical class types that would make sense to fill a DD spot is a real tank (Paladin, DA, SK, TK), to aoe pve with Aura of Hate, or a spoiler, but that's really just a throwaway spot for extra mats.

If I were to put together a mage group in classic (I have no hands on experience with classic, just patch notes and streams + theorycrafting) I'd start with the standard support; BD, SWS, Bishop, OL, SE or EE. Then I'd figure out what I'm looking to accomplish and fill in the rest based on that. If it's ahead of the server opening and I'm just trying to get people on 9 certain classes all active I'd say: BD, SWS, Bishop, EE, SE, OL, Necro, SH, Sps. If you know there will be one or more out of party rechargers available that will be able to keep up with the level of the group I'd swap either the SE or the EE out for a WC or another mage. I think that is a pretty safe setup, imo.

Edit: I forgot about the CP pot situation, so I decided OL is probably a safer choice over the WC.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  9. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

I remember a really succesfull setup from ct1 - ol,sws,bd,ee,bp,es,3x nuker . This will however not work in c1, because ol doesn't have emp. I guess swapping es for se would do the trick. For pve, sws pulls mobs, ol roots them and then nukers go nuts, very fast exp, especially in spots like IT or FoG. Low level spots should be equally good I guess, and this setup is great for pvp.

10. Kuro1n

Kuro1n User

Man what are you smoking? There is no it or fog in classic... Also classic is different from c1 especially balance-wise.

11. turnON

turnON User

first of all We don't have real c1 , there are skills added from c4 c5 to some classes ,
    gladiator can be good in c3 c4 for sure not in c1 c2 but who knows what changes will be performed anyway who want to play this class just play it all deppens ( playstile between chair and keyboard)

12. PartyPooper

PartyPooper User

This is why I specifically mention this was a succesfull build in ct1, not c1, and I do realise these exp spots don't exist yet, but I see no reason this build wouldn't work in (for example) loa or any other high level exp spot avaliable.

As for balance issues - I know ol debuffs have an increased land rate, which benefits this build, other than that I see no noteworthy changes, mb some mana sustainability issues, but this can be solved with some off party rechargers. Unless I missed something, then please, do share your insight ;p

13. Approbus

Approbus User

Something similar to that happens on RU Classic. Sws and Bd pull mobs from both sides, bringing them closer to the group that contains large number of nukers (3-5) which are all using AoE. It works even without shots, no problem, but group has to be organized. Also, atm there is no LoA, but that procedure works at DV.

14. Kuro1n

Kuro1n User

Except 1.0 doesn't have loa either and it sounds like we're getting 1.0 and not 1.03. Yes it should work though in general, I really don't see why it wouldn't and the majority of exping I've seen/done has been with aoe because its just so nice.

15. vanity

vanity Moderator

This kind of setup worked pretty good in high five chronicle per example because glad was hell overpowered with nice aoe skills damage etc but i don't think you can expect it as viable in the near future arround classic project so just forget about it and move on to ranged classes which is the way to go pvp-oriented path or you can allways play whatever class fits you the most and pray for boost :)

16. Kuro1n

Kuro1n User

As long as a class isn't complete **** they are usually fine in L2, I remember getting told that tyrants are worthless, played it anyway and once you had gears and epics you wrecked hard.

With that said; don't make a glad for now. :p

17. FraMat

FraMat User

sure thing, with ranged stun 4-5sec. they are complete trash :Laugh::Roflmao:

18. Kuro1n

Kuro1n User

Well... yeah compared to an archer which also has a ranged stun which doesn't have to be charged and has more range it's ****...

19. Approbus

Approbus User

I am sorry, this video should show how gladiator rocks? All I can see is him running around cluelessly, doing few hits here and there on targets that were already under heavy attack by either sorcs or archers. Unless you count the first kill where some1 is just standing afk and gladiator is killing him, which just proves my point how pathetic they are if you have to put afk-killing in a 3 minute video as some sort of accomplishment.

Best proof of how glads sucks and nobody is playing them is the fact that Innova RU put FREE D DUALS in newbie packages (only weapon they put, 30days period), so they could encourage some1 to play the damn gladiator.

20. Kuro1n

Kuro1n User

As Approbus said, compare that duelist video to this:

tonni likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.