1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mele consT?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by iManBoom, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iManBoom

iManBoom User

WL Glad Glad bd SwS Bp EE SE Wc or PP
    What are you think abouut this const?
    And what will be better, Wc or PP. Sorry for my English)

2. Fanteletto

Fanteletto User

In my opinion wc would be better ,because I think PP will have problem with mana when buffing entire party. WC will buff party faster too and he got VR buff. As for DDs,maybe I would change 1 gladi for something else. Dont know for what :D

Just realised SE could buff too but wc better anyway :D Stun , mass poison and others :D

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  3. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

For fighter party the best is warcryer + BD + SWS + BP combo.

4. elNoha

elNoha User

every cp has to have either wc or ol because DOT's are very powerful in classic.

5. geba89

geba89 User

I cannot understand why you need SE and EE in party? Choose one and take 1 more DD. If you take WC then SE is useless. Imo this setup is made for aoe then OL will be better.
    Imo best aoe party would be:

BP, SWS, BD, OL, EE, 4x WL. 4x WL gives you perma stun on mobs so you might not need OL so could be changed for another recharger.

But this is only Exp PT :D

6. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Only WC gets higher lvls of the OP DoT, the AoE dots aint all that.

iirc dots in dmg:
    #1 Freezing flame
    #2 Decay
    #3 Thefrost one from SpellSinger
    #4 AoE OL DoT and not sure exactely but sting and bleed is somewhere here
    #5 Poisons

WC gets both Flame and a Poison btw if he wanna spend the mp on poison.

7. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

2 glads is overkill imo, and wc is a must. Maybe a low lvl pp OOP for berseker lvl 1.

8. Sinniv

Sinniv User

3 healers?

9. fagercraft

fagercraft User

PP buffs such as resist fire(and later wind/water), BtB, 8sec invulnarability on 1 player etc is better then what the WC has.

But a PP buffing a full party in C grade at lvls 40-65 is... not reasonable i think. To low mp pool, and even thou recharge can fix that.. the time it takes to buff is also a heavy negative aspect...

But if you trade the buffing time+recharge need for those extra pvp buffs you can make that decision yourself.
    WC has sleep, PP has Root

With a EE+PP youll have both resist fire and water (the 2 main pvp nukers in Classic) for example. And BtB + a 8 second invincible buff at lvl51. And the option of Zerk for PvE.

10. vanity

vanity Moderator

pp is way better than wc/ol rebuffing a dead member in pve or pvp just because wc/ol will rebuff 1 dead member and he'll be out of mana while pp can buff 2 3 4 even 5 dead members w/o running out of mana , so imho it is not a valid reason.

11. geba89

geba89 User

Well while buffing with PP the only first time buff is bad, but then you just buff on time 1 by 1 everyone and u never run out of buffs. With EE in party you have enough mana to rebuff, not sure if we got SA already, but if you take conversion SA you wont run out of mana :)

12. fagercraft

fagercraft User

I did some really indept mana calculations a few months back.. ill see if i can dig it up. But basically on full buffs karmian a PP can buff at different levels around 4-6ppl, while a WC can buff all his buffs except 1-2 at different levels. (No BtS buff/SA/Devotion counted in test)

PP needs a recharger for larger parties, and y that i mean he needs almost 2 full mp bars (it will take alot from the EE mp bar)
    There is no mp up or conversions SAs, only devotion set to rememdy this abit.

WC wont have buffs+heal, no MP at start, can heal some while regen 19mins thou. Cant rebuff for a long time and no nobless buff in the game.
    PP cant buff 6ppl+ at one go, gets better with BtS buff rollin and devotion. Recharge fixes problem. Can roll buffs durin the regen time, can rebuff dead members. Cant buff party quick for fast action (dunno difference in time here, but id assume WC needs like 20-30secs, PP needs 2-3minutes.

Im personally think PP if played right wth teamplay recharge etc is king. But all streamers and highlevel CPs go for WC.. but that might also be couse a WC can be boxxed/driven if the owner is not online for him. A PP pretty much needs to much attention while grinding to efficently be boxxed in a full party (Solo its fine ofc)

PP can heal if boxxed for duo and solo, WC still has very few heals to throw in.

p.s PP has more mp problems but thats couse he also has more good buffs :D

vanity likes this.
  13. Kuro1n

Kuro1n User

There is more to this that you dont bring up. For PVE a PP can buff everyone, you buff yourself then you buff the next person and the next etc. When you run out of mana you sit down until you have some so you can buff again. You don't buff everyone at once. That way a PP has enough mana for the whole party without recharge.

PP can also bring ressurect to the table in PVP, personally I consider PP to be a good alternative to WC although a bit more 'annoying' to play I suppose when it comes to buffing.

14. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

Yeah, in the pvp sieges videos you see lot of robe users sitting in the middle of the fight while fighters keep hitting lol

15. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Well PP has a 20% ress, its true, but WC can easily cover that with scrolls.. And at later into server life, both usually run Brezzes anyway. But agree its a small advantage.

Yeah PP can roll buffs for PvE, and once you get BtS rolling its even easier, Its quite annoying thou, and definetly requires a live played prophet, while a WC can be boxxed for the evenings the owner of the WC is gone (this is porbably the biggest reason CP:s run WCs in Classic).
    Maybe everyone is used to WC being king has something to do with it, but i doubt the top players cant figure out basics like this and choose WC simply couse it was king in the CoV era and forward...

vanity likes this.
  16. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

In reality wc has always been more convenient for large groups and easier to use overall, specially while soloing, this and ncsoft not giving a **** about pp class for a long time made wc the king until GoD overhaul.

But classic made a kind-of good job balancing them back, same way with ee/se. Rooting and Stunning/DoT'ing/Sleeping people has never been so fun.

Classic still has no mana burn right? (other pp advantage that would make it stronger in pvp, specially considering mana usage early to mid game).

17. Kuro1n

Kuro1n User

WC was choosen mostly because of practicality, easy to use. You log the WC and start a macro and buffing complete. For actively played it is another story though. Also most CPs just read on the forum and watch videos then they create same setups or similar, not many would consider PP after WC in the cov era which is when CPs started appearing for real.

18. vanity

vanity Moderator

People using wc in their setup also because it has really powerful aoe dot at early game which helps a lot in farming (trains) + single target dot + dreaming spirit + stun + fear and ofcourse there is a high probability it will be way better than pp in late game as ncsoft has totally forgotten about prophet from the very first chronicles up to GoD maybe.

19. Kuro1n

Kuro1n User

I think they are going a different route this time though. Very good point about early game though.

20. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Early game Cleric Rules in healing/buffing thou, gets all but emp/VR basically.

Also they buffed PP by giving them invincibility 8 second singletarget buff, im not sure about CD thou, at lvl51.
    The fact that VR is nerfed, makes the PP alot stronger vs VR SE/WC in useful buffs since VR isnt a must anymore. IF all parties need a healer anyway, might aswell get PP for the extra resist buffs, max MP/HP, Zerk, Early lvls of buffs, Root.

But then again, freezing flame is seriously OP in a shotless envirement :D

TBH its VERY balanced SE/PP/WC in classic, wich is AWESOME! Heck even EE is used in PvE for stuff like Warlord grinding!

But once shots enter into PvE again, i think VR and auto attack buffs are gonna make a small comeback in small favor of SE/WC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.