1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We're waiting...

Discussion in 'Archive' started by mojitoo, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mojitoo

mojitoo User

We get the 15K + votes before couple of months. Anythin happened @ this time? Is there approximately time when server can be open? We are waiting for this like 1 year already.

2. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

Go watch Ti5.

3. ShahmenSRB

ShahmenSRB User

+1

4. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

Just do a bit of reading before starting a thread and you'll know what's going.

Things are still not ready to be disclosed.

5. waz__

waz__ User

Everyday I go check Innova site waiting for something new about launch classic server, and nothing...
    Guys give us some new please! =\
    We dont know what's happening! please we need info!!

6. Orcoso

Orcoso User

try checking it after the summer

7. Hartassen

Hartassen User

In 3 days it's going to be 3 months since the last information. If they don't have anything to show after 3 months of working on this then I have serious doubts this project will ever happen and I will just buy another MMO instead.

8. phrozenb

phrozenb User

On the bright side, there are only 12 more days until the end of the summer. I don't think it's an issue of wether the server will happen or not. I trust it'll definitely happen.

I sincerely hope they didn't waste time this summer and they actually prepared to open the server. If they don't open it in September, it will say a lot about how serious Innova EU as a company is.

If I remember correctly, they said they're not opening it before the summer cause of kids are on vacation and stuff. Not entirely a valid reason if you ask me. During the summer kids don't have school, thus more time for games :D. Not to mention that the classic version would mostly appeal to people that aren't necessarily kids anymore.

9. Approbus

Approbus User

Couple of points:

People that are still playing lineage2 are on average 25-30 years old, they are not kids anymore. They were kids back in 2003-2005 when most of them started to play this game.

Summer ends on 21st September.

They said they are going to open it on autumn, not in September. Autumn lasts until 21st December.

10. phrozenb

phrozenb User

Where exactly does it say that Summer ends on 21st September?

I checked Wikipedia and it says: June, July, August for Northern hemisphere.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer

I do understand you point about them saying they'll open it on autumn, but since they've had the whole summer to work on it, one would expect that September should be late enough to open it.

TA4M2 likes this.
  11. Approbus

Approbus User

12. TA4M2

TA4M2 User

in December !!!! 2016 !

13. Norz!

Norz! User

14. phrozenb

phrozenb User

@Aprobus, that's astrological date (22nd Sept). In Europe summer ends (meteorologically) at the end of August. But let's not argue about that, everyone with their definition of summer

@Norz! I wasn't asking for any news during the summer, I was just saying that it would be a shame not to have the server ready in the beginning of the autumn (given that they had a whole summer to take care of it).

15. Norz!

Norz! User

I don't see how you could get the opening by "the beginning of the autumn" if there is nothing announced during the summer.

I'd expect at least 6-8 weeks between the announcement, and the actual launch. Give time for people to organize themselves, build some hype back, maybe do some advertisement work etc.

You can be 99% certain you won't play before at least the end of September. I'd bet on late October myself (even though like everyone else I'd love to play tomorrow).

Something to consider too is that it's not just Innova setting up servers, it's a lot about discussing/negociating with NCSoft KR to be allowed to do it the way they want to do it. And we know many adjustments are needed compared to L2C RU 1.0

This is just me speculating, but I'd be surprised if Innova wasn't trying to change the whole payement model right now. Or make other fundamental changes (rates ? start with 1.03?) etc

The whole L2C concept has a lot of potential, but clearly NCSoft/Innova have been doing it wrong so far... so they might be taking their time to figure out what to change for EU launch..

16. phrozenb

phrozenb User

All those that you mention that would take 6-8 week after announcement, could have been done in the 3 months that have passed since the vote. And I'm sure that in part they did work on all that.

Them keeping a "no news and no launch" during the summer policy, hopefully shouldn't mean that behind the scenes they haven't already got the stuff ready.

The only thing that could delay launch (if they are ready to launch) would be hype building. That can take up to a month indeed. But I for one don't want a server where i can't have enough room to play. I'd much rather have a steadily growing player base, rather than a huge starting and declining player base :).

17. Lemmers

Lemmers User

If a small amount of servers are opened at launch (2-3, which is highly likely) they will be crowded for the first week at least, until everyone's different play times spread their characters out into various areas in the world.

There isn't going to be a steadily growing player base, this just isn't going to happen no matter how many people and servers we start off with. The population will continuously decline for numerous reasons.

18. Coretex

Coretex User

I am almost certain the servers will not go live in September. Maybe late October if we are lucky. Hope they give enough time between the announcement and the actual launch, so that I can book vacation and get ready :). Could you guys maybe wait a few days after launch before you jump in, so that I can peacefully and quickly run through the newbie zones while they are not crowded :p

19. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

looool, if you think innova is incompetent, you know nothing about NCwest. The more you guys learn about ncwest the most you will appreciate innova :)

No way in hell NCwest will even try to do this **** before innova eu.

20. Banish3d

Banish3d User

They never said opening a server in Autumn but "announce" if everything is alright to open server, it's not the same thing.

And if you can't wait, i can't nothing for you, they are so many thing to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.