1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crafter or Spoiler?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Jetsontv, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetsontv

Jetsontv User

Hey guys, wanted to ask you which dwarf class would be best overall for making adena, partying,clan usefulness and long run character progress. I have some concerns that if i make crafter, sure i could sell ssd, ssc, but that would mean i have to leave char in town afk... On the other hand spoiler is opposite, is constant grind and spoiling stuff, which could be a little bit overwhelming and too much work on a 1x rate server. What you guys think and which dwarf will you exp?

2. Bartm3

Bartm3 User

For making adena at start i guess they are the same till 40 lvl . Then if u stay a lot afk in town for crafting some rare usefull items it will be a goal for lvl crafter .
    For exping : solo/duo - crafter better cuz summon . For long term i prefer crafter , but spoiler is very good too if u have a party or clan will lvl u not only at the start .

3. Norz!

Norz! User

There is a forum section to discuss classes.

Anyway, I'd say spoiler because you can level AND make money at the same time, and that more importantly you'll never really have too much competition: there are never enough mats, whereas in the other hand, crafters are competing against each others and soon enough they all have to offer very low prices.

TheBlinkman likes this.
  4. kuragari

kuragari User

Spoiler and Crafter are both good for different purposes. If you want to PVE, Spoil. If you want to sit in town lots and barter / craft, Crafter.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  5. geba89

geba89 User

Well IMO crafter is better at making money, because you can just farm and craft SS same time, then you can just go afk and sell shots or just craft store :)

Spoiler is taken more in pt because he can make everyone rich :D and Craft is just DD.

6. Madheisen

Madheisen Banned

I'll be a crafter since I work, while I'm working my fat *** is working too, he ain't gonna waste electricity for free!

ThreeNill likes this.
  7. Stride

Stride User

spoiler
    spoiler
    crafter
    Look p.1-3 and decide.

8. Fragola

Fragola User

I've been testing both spoiler and crafter for few weeks now. They are both lvl 40+. Here are my thoughts on this:

Earning adena for both of them depends a LOT of the current economic balance. For example, we started with 1.0 and low adena drop. At that time it was extremely hard to make money as a crafter, because no one used SS when exping, but you could get some rare recipe like Demon Staff or Emi Bow and once a few weeks earn 1kk adena for 1 click.

For spoilers it was a crazy time too - all things were valuable, but there was little adena on the server, so resources were cheap, shafts and other mats were expensive. For example stem was 100a, but Emi bow shaft could get as high as 500k.

Then everything changed in 1.03 and now in 1.5 we get even more adena and drop. In 1.03 my crafter could make 100k adena a day crafting SS (D and C grade), now it's twice the amount - people craft a lot of things, because they have so much adena and mats. I can easily earn 200k a day.

But for spoilers it's a hard time, with high adena rate and drop rates, people don't have problems getting or buying stuff. Stem is 200 now and Emi bow shaft is 50k. But with inflation it's almost nothing. There are still some places you are useful as a spoiler - getting rare recipes or rare resources like SoP, but it is a lot harder now than it used to be.

9. Fragola

Fragola User

to my regret non-CP play almost doesn't exist, and every CP tries to exp their own spoiler box and spoil AOE off party, getting both exp for their main chars and profit from spoil. I haven't seen "LF spoiler in CP" or "LF spoiler to Cruma" in a group search box for a looooong while.... so spoilers are there on their own... or usually with a boxed SE spoiling SoPs and trying do keep the level around 40, because there's a gap in sweet spoil between lvls 40 and 55.

10. wewdome

wewdome User

Well, almost everything is spoilable at lvl 40, maybe except Ori ore and some glues and lubricants. However I will probabrly level my spoiler further. Crafter is always nice, and gets tons of adena easily, but I personally am a Diablo 2 fanboy, which means, I'm all about the loot :D

11. Norz!

Norz! User

@Fragola

Is the drop rate SO good that you don't even need to spoil stuff, you can just pick it up?

And you mean during 1.5 right? I assume spoilers are still pretty good for 1.03 ?

I'm gonna level a dwarf as an alt, planning a year ahead from launch, not more. Not really sure which path I should take.

12. Fragola

Fragola User

I'll just list my results for today: I was on the Alligator Island, at lvl 42 I exped 20% with my 47lvl sorc friend and we got drop: 41 cursed bones, 42 items of varnish, 100+ stems, 20 items of suede, + more than 20 different mats and 10 recipes. Oh, I also got D-grade heavy armor half plate upper part =) thank you, crocs!

right

yep, especially spoiling EAC in EV =)

I would wait for the announcement of the date and version to decide....

13. Fragola

Fragola User

We played for an hour and half maybe, I died once, he died twice. Death penalty is -4% now, we got resurrection with 34% =)

He's Sorc 47 (+12 WIT), I am ES 42 (+8 WIT), both with C staffs and using BSpSC, we had offparty buff from boxed Bishop (acum 2 and Bers) and SE buf (Emp 3, Conc, Shield) and mana recharge for Sorc.

14. zeldia

zeldia User

fragola does crafter golem take 15% exp? from KR wiki they does but no info from RU wiki

15. Fragola

Fragola User

from Ru Wiki (link) all summons take 0% exp

16. kittenLT

kittenLT User

Fragola, crafter golem can use SS ?

17. Fragola

Fragola User

there's no SS for summons yet.

18. kittenLT

kittenLT User

OK, thanks for answer :).

19. слава п

слава п User

spoiler all the way

20. Orcoso

Orcoso User

The advantage of a crafter is that you can make money afk, and if you have the ability to team viewer your pc from work, you can craft shots every now and then during the day. Spoiler needs a clan to be useful. Extremely hard to solo and spoil the good end game stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.