1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorcerer or Hawkeye

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by EndrysekCZ, Sep 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlayerOO7

PlayerOO7 User

I can't decide between Sorcerer or Hawkeye. (with SE or PP)

Please advice. Thx.

2. geba89

geba89 User

Hi,

Imo if you want to play archer then you need group with full buffs. Archers with just PP will be so damn slow and adena consuming...

Sorc + SE is really good, as you still got BTM lvl 1 and many mobs got fire weakness so you will farm pretty easy. I am sure it will be more effective then archer + pp (cheaper also).
    With SE you will have all buffs needed, you will need only group for pvp and high lvl spots. But till ~60 you will be fine or unless they open new spots.

3. Amdur

Amdur User

Which buffs is an Archer missing when being buffed by a Prophet? o_O

Prophet buffs are all an Archer needs...

4. Hartassen

Hartassen User

Missing p.atk crit dmg and atk spd from bd
    and crit rate from sws.

But yeah in terms of normal buffers I think they get every offensive buff they need and most of the defensive ones.

5. geba89

geba89 User

Well Archer with just P buffs is bad, rly.... and completely not efficient. You do not have atk speed, crt rate to exp effectively solo. Also you will spend tons of money on shots.
    Archers is good with full buffs, mage can use only SE and will be great at lvling.

vanity likes this.
  6. Amdur

Amdur User

We're not talking about a party environment here, we're talking about a duo in which a PP offers everything an Archer needs.

Don't get me wrong but I'm afraid you should look up which buffs a Prophet has...
    No Atk. Spd.? (Haste?!) No Crit. Rate? (Focus?!)

Again, a Prophet is all an Archer needs. You could even go further and say that it's offering more for an Archer than a SE offers to a Mage because it doesn't have Acumen.

7. geba89

geba89 User

Never said that PP has no haste or focus, just saying this is not enough for effective leveling. Archers NEED BD and SWS for proper killing speed. With just focus you got like 20%-25% crit rate, with low atk speed (no dance of fury) and only 1 crt. damage buff you literaly ****.
    I am not saying you are not able to lvl up or something, but if he want to decide what is better: Archer with PP or Sorc with SE, then Sorc is like 100x better.

Also you don't need acumen for lvling, it doesn't give any value added. You just need empower.

8. MaoMao

MaoMao User

Hum, on slow or green mobs, perhaps, but with social, white and regular speed ones, you need acumen, likewise for aoe.
    Of course, in a duo, you do aoe less often, maybe at tanor canyon, but still, if you can have it, acumen is very useful.

9. Amdur

Amdur User

Of course you don't "need" Acumen. Just like you don't "need" Haste.

Still - both will accelerate your leveling speed.

10. SandyStorm

SandyStorm User

It wont really effect mage killing speed a lot if mage doesn't have acumen. Since mage is limited my mana pool. It will just be a bit slower to spend the mana. But for archer it really matters, attack speed I mean.

11. MaoMao

MaoMao User

Solo or with cat only, yes, with a SE recharging, no, not really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.