1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Necro + SE or TH + PP?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Cookie, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cookie

Cookie User

Hi guys!

I can't make my mind up on what to play!? I love both necro and TH but I'm not sure what to choose :(.

I know necro is op until gods update so that would be an obvious choice, but I'm more thinking of productivity in a clan and party, do you think a dagger would be a viable main?

Help me out homies!

Sorry I've only just noticed that this is in the wrong section

Cookie

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  2. Lemmers

Lemmers User

If you love both equally, the necro should be an easy choice tbh.

3. Approbus

Approbus User

TH is completely useless on classic, nobody plays it. On the other hand necro needs money for cursed bones, so either choice is not too viable for solo player.

4. migulogigolo

migulogigolo User

well, somebody needs to open door for core, so not 100% completely useless, might be useful if you play on some big clan.

5. KoBa4a

KoBa4a User

play this which will deliver pleasure ;)
    do not forget - L2c is hard gaming for exp alone - need most patience

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  6. Luminight

Luminight User

Necro will break your balls in terms of adena and daggers are kind of lack lustre in classic tbh. 6 stabs and they're out of mana

7. geba89

geba89 User

Why you need death spike when you have CDL... you can exp with it all time because its mana and adena effective. You will mostly 1-2 shot green/white mobs so easy farm.
    Solo as dagger with PP will be annoying, but in future we know that daggers can be very OP.

If you want to solo a lot the take Necro, otherwise you will just die of boringness with TH solo.

8. Amdur

Amdur User

I played TH alot and really considered playing one on classic aswell but as people already stated it's probably not the best choice especially considering group viability.

In the end it really only matters what's fun for you to play.

9. Approbus

Approbus User

CDL is not viable for solo player for numerous reasons - the most important one is that you drop items if you die and with CDL you have high chance of dying. Small lag or some1 stunning you just once (stun on classic has duration of 10 seconds) will result in certain death.

Not to mention that you get CDL on 50 lvl and after 50 its very unlikely that you will exp solo in any circumstances.

10. Lemmers

Lemmers User

Corpse Explosion baebayyy

11. geba89

geba89 User

Not really understand why you would not exp solo after 50? With SE you are able to exp solo 50+.

In previous chronicles tons of ppl were exping with CDL. You are boxing SE, even if you occasionaly die you are able to pickup and resurrect.
    You get CDl at lvl 52, till that time you can just exp with your blaze. Or you can spend some money for the cursed bones. There are quests for cursed bones if you want to know.

12. Approbus

Approbus User

Okay, good luck with that. I guess I've tried too many times to explain to people that classic is not (in some aspects) even close to old l2 to go over that once again.

13. geba89

geba89 User

Ok I understand that you can get stunned and drop items, but this doesn't matter - its calculated risk. Tell me what is different in CDL then?

14. Luminight

Luminight User

Also classes that never had stuns (especially long range ones) now have them.
    Gladiator Sonic blaster has a stun effect
    Warlord now has 900 range AOE stun and damage (insane skill)

15. fagercraft

fagercraft User

Major diference is, you dont use shots = half dmg = mobbs getting double the distance = you on 1hp dead that much easier.

On the upside, you wont die from mobbs when your stunned, since when CDLing youll probably just die form the stun and make them go red lulz..

Oh and no acumen SA.. so even more runtime for mobbs.

But yes a Nuker+SE is probbly still gonna be doable, and i imagine quite good actually compared to anything that is not AoE party tbh.

For Daggers... well i would prob take WC as box tbh.. You get focus 1 (witch is like 80% effect of ocus3) early enough.. but i seriously think daggers needs tanks to lvl decently, they do quite alot more dps with autohits from behind, especially without highlevel accuracy buffs + stab dmg/Bleed. Either that or evasion tanking on greenmobbs but i got no idea if thats doable or not. Both cases i rahter have WC for future 48+leveling (VR+Evasion beats out Zerk and resist buffs for solo pve imo). + You can buff more ppl if you go small party with your wc box.

Maybe TH can go PP instead since he dont give a **** about dodge..

16. geba89

geba89 User

So basicly you just want to say: You cant exp that way because I think so. LOL

Guys, really... If we start from 1.03 with better adena drop, you will be lvling with shots, and it will be adena wise to use CDL because of high dmg output vs adena cost.
    You don't need acumen to exp. really, you have enough cast speed. If you take Demon Robe Set and some C grade weapon + EMP you will mostly 2 shot white mobs, and green ones will be 1 shot, depends were you exp.
    If you want to tell me, yes mobs will agro on you and you die - if you cant handle some coordination, do not exp with CDL.
    Also at lvl 52+ you get over 300 adena per mob - few mobs and you got acumen potion...

Also I know ppl have stuns but as I said in a post earlier - its calculated risk. You can exp with normal spells and spend a lot more adena on shots or without shots but you will spend so much mana :)

Its your choice.

17. Fragola

Fragola User

If I were you I'd do Necro. Backstabs and all dagger skills fail too much.
    Necros don't exp with death spike, but with blaze and corpse burst. CDL....welll.....you need a spellbook for that and it's not that easy to get.

18. kuragari

kuragari User

No one uses death spike in PvE, cursed bones are not a problem.

19. wtfred

wtfred User

Can someone compare the cast speed now in classic with before ? Are the +12 dyes can balance for the old acumen SA ? At which level dyes can be affordable ?

20. attack

attack User

Necros will have very high competition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.