1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One account DD

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Hartassen, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hartassen

Hartassen User

I've been reading a lot on these forums and mostly people are discussing what to play as duo such as mage/se or archer/prophet etc.

But I'm wondering, for those of us not interested in dual or triple boxing but just want to play one character and prefer it to be a damage dealer such as dagger, archer or mage which class would you say is the easiest to get random parties with or just parties in general?

tonni likes this.
  2. Approbus

Approbus User

Full CPs are better for many reasons on classic:
    - monsters are hard, especially later when mobs are x4 x5 and x6 HP
    - party bonus is pretty decent on classic
    - lower chance to die
    - you can exp without soulshots and thus save ALOT of adena

Fkinfyre likes this.
  3. geba89

geba89 User

Hi!

If you dont have cp and you are not planning to get any cp, you prefer to play as casual player, then it doesn't matter what you play. You will be able to find party anyway. RANDOM PARTIES FTW.

But....

I assume you dont have CP and you might want to get one then only Archer or Mage - those 2 are best for PVP now and good at lvling. You can also make a warlord which is good stunner on PVP and AWESOME in PVE.

4. Hartassen

Hartassen User

I don't mind having a CP but I've never been in one before and I don't really know any people in L2 since I stopped playing over 11 years ago. But yeah, I really want to play a hawkeye but I'm concerned about being without party too much and having slow leveling. So I was just curious as to how random parties groups etc are for mages or archers, I know melees can group up easily.

5. Kuro1n

Kuro1n User

You stopped playing over 11 years ago? You stopped before the game was released dude?

6. Hartassen

Hartassen User

Eh no. The game was released around 11 and a half years ago but It was probaly more like 9-10 years ago that I stopped playing it. I don't remember exact dates.

7. Kuro1n

Kuro1n User

Actually... The game was released ~May 2004, that's 11 years and 5 months. You stated that you quit over 11 years ago which means you played a maximum of 5 months unless you played the Korean version as well.
    Either way to respond to your previous question, anyone can easily group up and it would be the smart thing to do as well. Mages are the easiest to level in classic, archer is hell and melees I'm not sure about in comparison to the others.

8. turnON

turnON User

c1 is not solo :) and you need to spent a lot of time in game to get decent lvl + your bonus with bufers in party will be very bad ,

imagine as well you will be pked or stunned that's how l2 works and is goign to work ,
    - Me personaly looking for first pk action to kill whole group with my cp etc.

there are more people who are thinking and will be hunting people to get them pk or drop from them items ,

I personally sugest party way than be a solo more fun ofcourse understand if you want to be a single and indepent .

anyway wish you luck with all your plans .

9. Hartassen

Hartassen User

Never said C1 was solo. Never said I wanted to be solo.. I asked what was easier to get parties with. But thanks for your input.

10. Cookie

Cookie User

None of you are really answering his question, Often people wont care about your class early on, as it's either fighter or mystic :p. But late game, generally people will be making archer or mage parties, this is where daggers use bows. If you're any of the other classes ie Destroyers WL etc, you will have your uses, but you will probably need a clan who'll look after you because leveling solo will be very slow.

Hartassen likes this.
  11. Kuro1n

Kuro1n User

Actually I did.
    And a melee group of warriors could do pretty well and requires a clan way less than daggers or archers do I would say. The real downside to a melee group is the need for gear but most smart setups would run with at least some AOE class (WL is good in classic as everyone knows). Mages are the best as usual since they don't really require gear the same as others (although spellbooks is a *****).

12. Stride

Stride User

Pick up any summoner and go on :04:

13. Fragola

Fragola User

I was fine playing elf mage -> summoner. As a summoner you don't need a party at all. elven and human mages before lvl 40 are welcome into random parties because of mana recharge from summon and being 2 DDs (mage and the summon). I was also feeling fine solo.

If you find a CP you can always go into attacking mage after lvl40 (SpS, Sorc or Necro), if you don't or prefer to stay solo, you can go summoner (ES or Warlock) and be self-efficient.

If you prefer any warrior - you'll be ok both solo and in parties with cursed maingauche.

14. Orcoso

Orcoso User

an SH is alright for solo also, you will do good on solo spots, you have high matak and you can use body to mind+lowbie heals to get your mp back up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.