1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Sneak peak into the future of Classic] discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CM Amarantha, Sep 22, 2015.

1. CM Amarantha

CM Amarantha Innova Group

Original thread is here.
    You are welcome to express your opinion and share your thoughts with us!

fagercraft likes this.
  2. Hartassen

Hartassen User

Can you or someone else explain what these talismans are? I haven't heard about them until now. Also, I'm worried about this agathion upgrade system. I never liked agathions and I don't know anyone that did.

3. Fkinfyre

Fkinfyre User

i hope that l2c will start in october , not november. I REALLY WANT IT!!!

Lilacc and alex79225 like this.
  4. ZarlecK

ZarlecK User

Talking about customization, I would avoid making too much changes, trying to over do it will finally lead to players complaining about how it is getting contaminated with all starwars things they hate about the current Lineage 2 servers, and cause them to flee.. In my opinion, the less modified the client is the better, old school players know what they want, old but gold. :Thumbsup:

5. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Well, I didn't really like the 3 first changes.

The XP redution from 10 to 4 I think it is alright, doesnt impact much

The protection buff, well that is a dumb idea, but seems like a huge number of cry babies are getting annoyed by that. Dumb, but I still could live with that, since it doesn't really affect my game play.

The third item isn't clear at all, not sure what you meant by that. But I do can ASSUME PKs will get some sort of increase in their punishment.... If you could make that clearer, would help alot.

But now, you really put any time on that or just decided to give that in with considering anything...

Lets see a basic game mechanic how it used to work.

OLD WAY: I'm xping and there is someone invades my spot and KS my mobs, what can I do? PK him, keep my lvling spot and be done with it. And while I am red I can get killed and lose alot of gear, can't use some of the skills while defending my self from whites and etc. Same goes the other way, if I wanna kill someone and steal their spot, since they don't wanna fight me, I am still able aslong as I know the consequences and that they are already high enough.

NEW WAY: Assuming the penalties for PKs aren't worth the risk of killing the dude that invaded my spot and is KSing me? What am I suposed to do? Take the crappy XP due to the forced "spot" sharing or leave and find a better way? Or even worse, go and do it to someone else?

PKing is a HUGE part of this game, along with the politics, pvp and other ****. It helps keep people in line when you are better geared, have a better clan, worked your way up and have better resources. Taking the PK or making its advantagens even worse, is just plain stupid... If you wanna make a conflict free word just make a separated server with no pvp outside pvp zones and no pk...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    fodemhouse, Cookie and Fei like this.
  6. AlbertoPlay

AlbertoPlay User

What means "pre-order", beta? opening? ty

7. fagercraft

fagercraft User

point #4 PK Scrolls.

I assume a PK scroll reduces your PK count, and you get it with $$$ ?

But the explanation saying it will make PK think twice before going aggressive makes no sense, since a PK scroll would help out the ppl who have PK counts... and let em pk more?

What am i missing with this point?

8. Fkinfyre

Fkinfyre User

Doesnt impact much? lol you really do a big mistake man... when you are constantly dying in pvp you'll change your opinion :D

ziggle likes this.
  9. kuragari

kuragari User

You remove PKs with scrolls that you buy at the black judge. Scrolls for higher levels (D,C,B,A grade) cost more. PKers can remove PKs while they still have Karma and keep PKing and accumulating Karma without dropping gear. IMHO, this is fine and has worked very well with Classic. It's too bad that the losers from Clan Stampede (purchased perma red chars ganking newbies) made Innova rethink this system. This change will make the player wait to go white in order to remove the PKs. The game was fun and hardcore the way it is, please do not change it. This is just going to make for a more boring, more passive game one small step at a time.

The thing is, your change of requiring the player to go white before they use the scrolls changes nothing for the permared newbie PKers, who will keep PKing and BSOEing every chance they get and buying adena when they drop something. They never used PK scrolls to begin with. They used a combination of: RMT store to buy chars and adena plus BSOEs and Clan Halls. The only thing this change affects is real PvP which will now be more timid and lame thanks to this. Please do not implement the change.

If you had to reform anything, it should have been functionality around permareds flying on BSOEs and then to Clan Halls or people buying chars and adena in order to permared. The scroll system had nothing to do with what Clan Stampede did and it did not need to be reformed and TBH this is a very bad change which is negatively going to impact Classic. Letting a small group of 16 year olds who PKed on Gran Kain permanently affect a game we're playing is ridiculous.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    Approbus likes this.
  10. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Well maybe that impacts alot for the noobs that keep losing pvp over and over again! Plus, a real clan already have their wars up so doesn't really affect much aftert all.

guess you could make a point that higher XP loss will make people think twice when it comes to pvp. So I guess it is a good change after all.

11. Fei

Fei User

Im scared of their new idea... S.A should just be less powerfull and a bit easier to get, i don't see the point of adding various effect when archer will always go for crit.rate and nuker for cast speed.
    It's a waste of time.

Let's hope we will have same as RU, the grad penality is a good thing, it add some goal/achievement to the game and help to distinguish players Lv... It also avoid power leveling with low level char wearing very strong weapon/armor.
    Talisman and Elements are bull**** seriously, its really not required.
    Vitality system was a good thing for some casual players to help to catch up regular players, why replacing it by some items ? (cash shop items i guess...)

This is unbelievable... No SS pets for summoners, and NO pets for PvE boys, one of the old greatest feature of L2 was his pet management (wolf, hatchling etc) it was rewarding for people to Lv those pets. But they will be replaced by those dumb Agathion pets... its just totaly KR fanservice, those stupid shiny flying gimick immersion breaking have nothing to do in Lineage II, there is no more 13 years old girl playing this game.

Russian with the 8 month Prelude and very low XP rate just killed the game over there, let's hope Innova learned about it and will provide a faster 1.0 or directly 1.0 on EU release.

I don't care that much but the game added many custom face and haircut to increase visual diversity, i don't get why its not added directly or in a shop when those simple adds could make new comers being interested by the game... New players will clearly not peak at some clone wars game like L2

Still nothing about the Xp rate on EU server ? since we know this was the main reason why people deserted russian servers...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2015
  12. AlbertoPlay

AlbertoPlay User

I think the xp rate will be the same, and I'm agree with that. Classic is Classic. Btw, I would like to know how much will be increase the DropRate :S

13. Norz!

Norz! User

- Grad removal is ********. Good thing it's not happening here.

- I feel like this server could live an awesome couple years, sadly I don't REALLY believe it'll last much longer, for many reasons I won't get into here. (Too long). Therefore, making things slightly less hardcore than back in the day, and offering game updates more regularly than every 6 months would make it a lot more lively. Whether we like it or not, and given what RU servers taught us, everything rates related should be much closer to x2 than to former x0.16 (1.0 Classic). Don't get fooled by the the vocal minority that screams for an even more hardcore experience than back then, or you'll get hit hard by the "this is 2015" reality check. Hell, if it happened on Russian servers, you can only imagine how it's gonna be like on EU servers! You can't plan things for this server with a 8 years plan in mind. It's gonna be a LOT shorter.

- Boost to summoners is not only welcome, it's much needed.

- Not sure about catacombs, I think it all depends of the server's population. If it's very alive, then it's a great plus, if not, then it's bad (again, won't get into why, but im sure you can work it out).

- Make sure you start with 1.03, or AT LEAST go from 1.0 to 1.03 within a couple months. What happened on Russian servers makes it obvious.

[beg]Also please give us of a rough (but not too rough :p) idea as of when things are happening! No more "soon" or "fall" stories :p [/beg]

bandaq likes this.
  14. ZarlecK

ZarlecK User

I don't like those agathions either, never liked them, removing old pets from the game is a big change imo, should it still be named "Classic" after making such changes?

F3rox_ and TerraKill like this.
  15. kuragari

kuragari User

They need to start with 1.0 like it's supposed to. Classic isn't classic without DV and Cruma being the first zones everyone fights over. These are huge events that shape the fate of the server for all time.

16. Lemmers

Lemmers User

Why do you keep insisting on starting with Age of War instead of 1.0? I don't understand what feature or content from Age of War it is you desperately want to see immediately upon logging into the game on day one.

17. Norz!

Norz! User

You don't need 1.03 zones from day 1 (although you'll REALLY need them much before 8 months), but you do need the adenas adjustments that comes with 1.03. It's what makes the use of soulshots possible. It's the hardcoreness of 1.0 - which is much more hardcore than original Prelude - that made people desert RU servers. Like I said above, don't fool yourselves thinking that what was too much for Russian would work out just fine for EUs.

It's your level that determines where you go, and there aren't 1000 alternatives early on. So even if we start with 1.03, CT will be "the place to be" for quite some time. 1.03 won't really bring any alternative. Just like DV will be the place to be after a couple months, whether it's under 1.0 or 1.03.

1.03 will only matters areas of leveling wise after some time. Like I said above, what's needed at launch isn't 1.03 areas, it's the balance changes that this patch brings. It brought RU servers some life back.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  18. DIL

DIL Модератор 4Game Global moderator

As mentioned in Q&A session, this depends entirely on the developers and no one else.

19. Lemmers

Lemmers User

So why do you strongly advocate for skipping chapter 1 and starting the book on chapter 2? You'd essentially be robbing a certain amount of players of a certain experience, albeit an experience that would be similar in any end game location. Instead you should be asking for the only feature (the increased adena rate) you cite, regardless of which content update the server opens with. Though I don't personally agree with it, you're entitled to your own opinion.

SCPwNzy likes this.
  20. Norz!

Norz! User

- Because Prelude/1.0 is hardly a "chapter". Keep in mind Prelude lasted a whooping... 2 months on retail. Get real, it's hardly a part of "true oldschool L2 experience". Unlike ANYTHING that's coming after that. Prelude was nothing more than a glorified last beta phase.
    - Because I doubt Innova would start messing with game files and implement 1.0 BUT with 1.03 rates. Like I said, 1.0 is so irrelevant, might as well skip it altogether. Now of course if they want to take that road, I have no objection. (Assuming they'd update to 1.03 a LOT sooner than after 8 months).