1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things that killed l2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ColRiot, Sep 24, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metexmio

Metexmio User

:))))
    1)kamaels
    2)att system
    3)ceritifications
    4)????

2. Norz!

Norz! User

1) Bots
    2) "Star Wars" L2 (read: everything past Interlude) From this point 99% of NCSoft's ideas were bad

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
    JeremyInAshes likes this.
  3. cryzsty

cryzsty User

since GOD came, L2 isn't called l2 anymore.
    everything is messed up with the GOD update.And before was H5 wich i hated it,that chronicle sucks hard.
    free items until 85+,quick exp,the unbalanced class is even worse( god sake, one shot from archer)
    I would like to see it simple but isn't that easy.getting c grade requires alot of effort on classic,wich makes ppl trying harder:)
    so i can't wait see the server running:D

4. ComedyL2c

ComedyL2c User

sub class skills, level difference between main and sub class, instances, limited-numbers of ppl who can enter epic raid bosses locations (antharas/valakas),SS quests.

Fragola likes this.
  5. Sirius92

Sirius92 User

Instanced zones and raid bosses, subclass skills, GoD update

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  6. Lemmers

Lemmers User

NCwest killed the game long before most of these suggestions were even thought up. But as far as the game itself goes, my opinion is the Gracia continent, KILL is a pretty strong word though. I can't even think of a decent reason, it's just the first time something in the game caused me to lose a feeling of immersion it once provided.

I'm pretty sure the most obvious choice though, and unanimously, is Goddess of Destruction and anything that followed that update. Otherwise there probably wouldn't be a Classic server.

7. Naritzia

Naritzia User

Bots
    Awakening
    Subclass skills

8. Viena

Viena User

1 . Cheating, bot, RMT
    Players killed the game them selfs by getting involed in 1 or more of the above mentioned actions.

9. Mbaka

Mbaka User

P2W(Blaming server and the kids here) and bots.
    Content didn't kill so much l2 (and other MMOs as well) as the above.
    Lets face it, a lot of people left the game because of all the p2w pro wannabes kiddos who spent their last money and daddy's bank card on pixels.

10. Orcoso

Orcoso User

none of those reasons killed L2...

NCWest bad administration did. They didnt care about the population, they didnt care about people following the rules, the simply let people do what ever they wanted to at all times.

I don't know why you people hate RMT, you do realize that EVERYTHING a person can achieve by buying adena a regular player can do the same with a good strategy, clan and planning. Might take a little longer, but when you get there you will have the upper hand since you know what you are doing with your char, not just press f1 with your ebayed valakas and hope to get magic crits.

I have met more than 50 people who would go as far as spend 10k USD (5-7 years ago), on his botted up characters and would **** at anything, even OLY with OP classes.

So stop complaining about people behaving badly and start making the game who provides the game to the their damn job!

11. Celeriok

Celeriok User

NCSoft had a hard way to control every problem the game had/have yet. Some developers gave the code to outsiders of the company and this was an improvement for the opposition. A company which works on a game and develop good ideas is doomed to fail if aren't for the own scope.

12. Sevi123

Sevi123 User

1. Diffrience in subclass lvl and main
    2. Certifications (if they're gonna be introduced in classic they need better balance. Celestial was totally retarted. But also certifications balanced warriors with warrior haste.)
    3. Attribute system (it was weird back in gracia when everyone had like 2x more damage because you could add 150 attri to weapon and you could have 60 ressist in each part, while draconic and major arcana set had only 4 parts. Freya kind of repaired attribute system.
    4. Catacombs (they provided good way of obtaining exp, but also they splitet players. Today's l2 community is not that large any more, and if they're gonna be added, than server will look more empty.
    5. Manor system (I don't know how it works right now at 2.0 if it even exists, but in past making players to change their croops for mats was a good idea, but system of trading croops for mats was broken, because it was only about who first picks it which favored bots.
    6. Debuffs

As you can see at 1:30 half of their party have seal of suspension which simply wiped them out. I hope, that debuff system will be reworked, and that debuffs will last much less time, or they will have less chance to land, because right now some debuffs are too over powered.
    7. Disbalance (kamaels were totally disbalanced, because ncsoft wanted people to play them. That's why im against kamaels and all other new races in future l2 classic, because they will be over powered for sure. Also NcSoft used to boost like 1 or 2 classes in patch, while other which were op before became trash like archers in high five
    Watch some of Troy movies from high five. He was hitting like 2k max with his 82 and 83 skills. They're OP only when people don't have gear, because they had tones of dmg added to skill which means that with C grade bow you could hit with deadly shot and multiple shot (if im not wrong) slightly less than with vesper thrower. But when everyone is geared these skills become trash. Except of that high five had one of the best balances in all l2 chronicles, but still there were some problems.

Right now warriors and summoner are totally nerfed and nobody wants to play them. Even Fisher from gran kain rerolled from TH to HE, because daggers are trash, while as I heard he always plays TH. Lineage 2 was always about diversitiy of classes, but by making people to play only nukers, archers and supports classic will get boring fast.

13. Orcoso

Orcoso User

What the **** did I just read?!

14. wewdome

wewdome User

What i hated most about the later chronicles was:
    1) dualboxing
    2) kamaels
    3) p2w
    4) certs, attributes, awakening
    5) bots and most instanced dungeons

15. c4rlito

c4rlito User

p2w shops terible

16. Sonnova

Sonnova User

I think the elemental attributes killed it for me.
    *Full buffed 78 Eva's Saint 2 shoted with Wind Vortex + Crusher ... yea*

17. turnON

turnON User

you know that we are far away from c4 guys where are vortexes.

just track korean updates.

18. Bosephine

Bosephine User

People RMT to gain an advantage over other players, to stack the deck in their favor. If RMT didn't give people a significant advantage, they wouldn't be spending money on it. Personally, I don't like ebayers because they don't have respect for the game or the community. If they did, they would work for their gear the same as everyone else, and they would appreciate how much it sucks to work so hard for so little, which is what makes L2 so much fun!

Luminight likes this.
  19. DeityVita

DeityVita User

Bots
    RMT
    PvP Programs

Anything past Freya for me is trash

20. Viena

Viena User

You can't be serious.... Basicly what you say is: its ok to cheat, bot, rmt because NCSoft was not supervising (enough) the game. Like its ok to ignore traffic rules because there is not an policeofficer on every street corner to enforce the traffic rules.... I hate RMT because you are making shortcuts in the game just because you can/want to afford it. I hate bots b/c it lets you farm adena/items and xp your char when you are not at your keyboard. You are trying to get an edge over other players without putting the same effort on the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.